Understand the Problem with Cyberpunk, Request Suggest features/game balance and be positive!

+
Update:

Easy Things to do:
- When Fastravel last cars fast travel with the player too. (Fastravel has no immersion now. at least this way the player can imagine he drove the way.)

Moderate:
- Weapons and Clothing items should be only craftable at the player's home. (player home make more senses)
The player should be still able to craft ammo and med packs. (maybe modes)
- Fast travel autopilot. Let the player sit in the backseat. Choose a destination on the map and the more expensive cars should be able to autopilot. (Delamain too)

Hard to do :
- Let the player shoot out from the vehicle in 3d person. (just as in GTA you already made the animations. they just need to be fixed.)
- Add Water life, boat, yachts...etc
- Police Shouldn't teleport to the player This is Horrible and Unimerssive.

Lack of hubs for quests, that's one of the essential parts of any open world game, specially and rpg, we need interactive quest hubs in bars full of hidden well written branching paths side quests behind good and complex dialogs.

And while at it, make said hubs places for side activities and mini games that grant hours of combat bonuses, as well as fill those with lore explaining dialogue. Not hard, just take places like afterlife and other bars and make them into said hubs full of interaction with the envoryment (food, drinks, mini games, etc.) and NPCs (bartenders, fixers, people wanting to hire, etc.).

Beats having all quests being given via cellphone only. I would love to have a reason to visit every bar in town, explore, find hidden quests trough dialogue with npcs in said hubs, etc..

The cellphone focus kills a lot of the immersion and exploration of this game. There is no reason to visit fixers or bars, zero, and there should be MANY reasons to visit and explore said places.

Just this small change would fix so many immersion problems people are having, it has a ton of potential and it's a focused idea that can be worked into this current engine.

Things that have crossed my mind playing this so far on PC.

I do kind of wish I could play it in 3rd person in some situations.

I began wondering why there wasn't an NPC or something to basically revisit the character creator in the game given the setting of the game.

Game displays an environment with adult entertainment just about everywhere in the form of various clubs, stores, ads, etc... However hardly any of it has interaction options with the player, there are 2 joytoys in 1 specific location and it seems with the exception of a specific iconic melee weapon any kind of fetishwear or items are either classified as junk items to sell or scrap for parts or are just an environmental object or prop. Maybe my expectations were set too high on this after mentions about them not really censoring content and playing games from other companies such as the Saints Row series. I'm not asking for the game to be complete smut however as much as the game presents things like that as normal for it's environment it feels really un-immersive to not at least have a wealth of options with it for the player to poke at if they feel like it. Bear in mind I feel that censorship is the responsibility of the individual. Provide options to accomodate as many people as possible rather than remove or exclude options just because some people feel that things they don't like shouldn't exist. Put everything in there and just provide a way for people to hide it on their end if they don't want to see it. Some of it could be accomplished via toggle in the settings menu, the rest simply by not pushing interaction keys in game.

Letting us select a quantity to craft at a time in regards to consumables or if the perk is unlocked crafting parts from lower quality parts rather than click and hold button for 1 full second per item.

@faverodefavero I was thinking the same thing about the phone. All side quests are given via the phone. Just have to wander into a certain area of the map and "ring ring". I think it should have been at least 50/50 cell and in person.

Another thought I had, clothes should not have an armor value, perhaps a bonus to something, but the armor should come from armor plate mods, sort of like the subdermal armor implant. Each piece of clothing could have so many slots you could either add armor or a bonus mod to. Then people could style their character the way they want and still be able to add protection as they progress through the game without janking up their look.

Oh I have some ideas too:
1. There needs to be better damage feedback. V sometimes grunts when they get shot (there's is a little bit of controller rumble too) and there is screen effect when you get hit but in the middle of a firefight it can be hard to tell when you are taking damage. There have been several times in a fight where I've looked up at the HP bar and was surprised to see how much damage I have taken.
2. Mines need to have some sort of audio component to them. There are a few spots on the map where there are mines laying around the ground and they can be really hard to see in the middle of the day because you can't see their laser. So I suggest that they have a little beeping sound that gets louder as you get closer to them. I don't mind that they do a boat load of damage but appropriately telegraphing dangerous things in the environment is important.
3. Sniper enemies should have a laser sight. In the middle of a firefight snipers can do a lot of damage very quickly but again there is a problem in telegraphing that the player is going to take a lot of damage. I think Destiny 2 does it best. Snipers in D2 have a visual (laser) and audio component (sound effect that the sniper is about to shoot) giving the player the opportunity to either look for cover or dodge out of the way.
4. More weapon customization. I think it would be great to have additional attachments for weapons such as laser pointer, compensators, light/heavy mags. There are also a lot of weapon paints in the game but there is no way to apply them to the weapons you want. It would be cool if by picking up weapons from the environment you would unlock different paints that you could apply to other weapons of the same category.

Well those are my two cents. Any thoughts ?

I'm just going to keep posting a link to this document I made in all of these threads until I reach my 10 posts.

It's a detailed list of bugs and balance discrepancies that can easily be fixed to improve gameplay. Perks, equipment, cyberware. Everything I noticed or have seen others report so far.

Gives us more content with the existing romance options and add some minigames/immersive activities like Drinking, Eating out, Smoking/Drugs and also more races after claire's storyline

There is a lot being asked but what I see on almost every single missing feature / feature request post in some form or another are these three:

They really need to have a war zone with rare spaws and random hidden gard events as well as more interactive content with the city, after fixing bugs and IA I believe these two together with new many hidden sidequests outside the cellphone are the three main things to implement. On every single feature request/missing post I see, I keep seeing in some form ot another those three items.

About both better and 'more NPC interactive hidden branching side quests' and 'more interaction with the city' I believe those two can be easily fixed or at least start getting properly fixed with the implementation of quest hubs and interaction/mini game hubs in game's bars like the afterlife. To me thats the quickest way to go and how they should approach these two much needed features that are lacking, we must push for it too.

Wish the player had more influence over the characters they interact, the current state of CP2077 looks like a linear experience more of a movie instead of RPG.

Allow us for example to influence Goro over Arasaka influence he is basically your companion after Jackie death and even going all through and even discussing his past he doesnt change at all, I like the character but they done a real injustice to him with the ending where either ok you sell your soul to Arasaka and he sort of stays ok with it or basically commit suicide if you assault Arasaka. So even you going through and saving him means nothing.

Have V voice act behaving according to his past background, because the background just give an slight intro in that behavior and then when you skip the intro you are Streetkid V.
V should behave more formal as Corpo, Nomad talk like the people in the badlands. In case you introduce more backgrounds in the future, have V Cop behave like a Ex-Cop.

Itemization I sound like a broken record, but get rid of borderlands scheme of loot, its not interesting for an RPG like this. Gear should mean something in this game, clothing show how you are cool and daring street cred up the sky if you survive swaggin like this and have Armor for those who want to become almost like Adam Smasher a walking Tank.

Add actual consequence on the mission, gang reputation if you start killing too much.

I would love to see the braindances that I can buy. With the braindance viewer in the apartment, it would be a good reason to spend more time on my couch.

I feel like no matter who you are, if you are playing Cyberpunk still and enjoying aspects / parts of it + you are able to ignore the bugs & issues (across the board), then i believe outside of please fix the game = we are all saying and requesting the same things.

Every post i read through basically sums up the same points / suggestions / ideas (including my own replies as well) and i feel what we all want is basically the same thing = We Want More.

Honestly the way the game was promoted + numerous statments from devs about what to actually expect about mechanics & features in various aspects of the final game... Immensely lead to our vision and expectations of this game in many regards.

And i honestly feel we all expected more than what was delivered, but with that said = adding more of anything (features + cars + houses + gear + cybernetics + etc..) to this game is something i am almost 100% sure will all come in time.

I don't believe this just on blind faith or fanboy beer goggles, but from the clear perspective that CDPR & it's team passionately and pain stakingly created what i feel is one of the best (if not the best) Modern / Futuristic Sandbox.

After all the time & money invested + the reputation stake + everything else happening since launch... I truly feel that to only utilize the amazing landscape they have invested in creating for one fairly linear campaign and then move on = would be utter insanity from any perspective you choose to look at it with. I have a feeling if things go well over the next year or two, that we may very well see alot of Cyberpunk in various forms of media for years to come, pending how the next year is handled mind you.

The game will get fixed slowly, but surely and then updates + optimizing + possible re-works of some systems & mechanics and throughout, maybe the small possibility of some DLC maybe...

Again, this will all take time and a fair amount of it as well. I am not the happiest about anticipating a game for many years to only have release day deliver me what i can only describe as half of a game (or) a game half finished. Not happy as well, that essentialy if the game had launched completed we would be recieving brand new content in the form of DLC's to add to the completed game and now i fear some or most of the future DLC will end up being features and content that was cut due to the reasons we all would love to know, but that aside.

The most important factors are already in place = the vast and established lore + the great writing + the amazing artists + the great voice actors + the city itself as i feel NIGHT CITY is the best part of this game and undoubtly took alot of time and care to create.

With all of this already established and in-place, all the game and the devs need is time and i for one am happy to give it to them, providing they actually come through and deliver for everyone that stuck with the game and truly only want it to succeed.

Until then i have literal pages full of ideas, but for now i will refrain from sharing more as my fear is if too much of a flood of requests / ideas / wants and needs come pouring into CDPR's ear, that like many games and devs before them...

They might start shaping and twisting this game into something it doesn't or shouldn't need to be and take even more away from what it was originally created as. Now i am not saying their are not great ideas out there, because there are, but in-turn there are some very bad ones circulating around as well. I personally love reading everyone's suggestions / ideas = good & bad and honestly there are some good ideas floating around.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, it is appreciated.

Last edited:
Something that just came to mind. Most games when they introduce a method of doing a mission/quest, it then gets over-used for the rest of the game. Here though, they introduce 2 really cool missions in the intro (the braindance and the flathead), but then they aren't really used again going on what I've read here.

(I've only done a few missions after the intro, mostly doing side-gigs as I'm trying to stretch the game out as long as possible so I don't have to replay when patches and updates come out)

I think the braindance might be used 1 other time and I've not seen anyone mention a flathead in any later missions.
It would be really cool to have a flathead in your inventory that you could pull out and use for any mission or gig to do different things. Maybe a gun mount mod, sneak the flathead into a building and start taking out some baddies, or use it to jack into security or something.

I posted this in many many many threads people might lynch me eventually and will continue to do so ofc in regard of this topic this comes from many people suggestions in the hope that devs will read this

- fix bugs
- fix AI wanted system (police teleportation behind your back is bad)
- adjust NPC AI
- add bounty system (after killing too many gangmembers some serious powered up bounty hunter starts hunting you)
- rebalance builds (quickhack OP , melee OP, tech weapons that shoot through half the city block OP)
- add cooldown on healing (now you can spam heal and be god mode)
- more JOYTOYS (2 joytoys in whole Night City is unacceptable)
- add more resistance and status effects to BOSS fights.
- add more variety of GIGS (i love those, some of them are better than main quests)
- add the ability to change appearance mid game (i wanna change haircut, want to change tattoos)
- adjust driving physics (some cars slide too much and you can kill pedestrians too easy)
- add various side activities (poker, blackjack, arcade cabinets, pachinkos, bowling, shogi)
- add more NPC that i can romance (ability to romance new npc from side quests)
- ability to sit down at most restaurants and eat food at most vendors (i prefer to see animation when i eat at restaurant)
- street cred needs more functions (maybe weaklings low level gang members should run away from you?)
- netrunner battle (would be nice Netrunner vs Netrunner battle of hackers minigame similar to Gwent)
- ability to do boxing side activies not tied to the story - loosen up censoreship (Witcher 3 spoiled us)
- storage inventory needs categories
- lifepaths need more impact
- ability to use braindace in free roam (wanna see those BD's)
- ability to continue after ending "more repetitive content"
- Augument color customization "we want diff arm colors"
-Night vision, thermal vision
- More romance options
- ability to sleep in other houses / get new cribs
- metro system,cab system "doubt any of this will ever happen"
- Knife retrivable

I posted this in many many many threads people might lynch me eventually and will continue to do so ofc in regard of this topic this comes from many people suggestions in the hope that devs will read this

- fix bugs
- fix AI wanted system (police teleportation behind your back is bad)
- adjust NPC AI
- add bounty system (after killing too many gangmembers some serious powered up bounty hunter starts hunting you)
- rebalance builds (quickhack OP , melee OP, tech weapons that shoot through half the city block OP)
- add cooldown on healing (now you can spam heal and be god mode)
- more JOYTOYS (2 joytoys in whole Night City is unacceptable)
- add more resistance and status effects to BOSS fights.
- add more variety of GIGS (i love those, some of them are better than main quests)
- add the ability to change appearance mid game (i wanna change haircut, want to change tattoos)
- adjust driving physics (some cars slide too much and you can kill pedestrians too easy)
- add various side activities (poker, blackjack, arcade cabinets, pachinkos, bowling, shogi)
- add more NPC that i can romance (ability to romance new npc from side quests)
- ability to sit down at most restaurants and eat food at most vendors (i prefer to see animation when i eat at restaurant)
- street cred needs more functions (maybe weaklings low level gang members should run away from you?)
- netrunner battle (would be nice Netrunner vs Netrunner battle of hackers minigame similar to Gwent)
- ability to do boxing side activies not tied to the story - loosen up censoreship (Witcher 3 spoiled us)
- storage inventory needs categories
- lifepaths need more impact
- ability to use braindace in free roam (wanna see those BD's)
- ability to continue after ending "more repetitive content"
- Augument color customization "we want diff arm colors"
-Night vision, thermal vision
- More romance options
- ability to sleep in other houses / get new cribs
- metro system,cab system "doubt any of this will ever happen"
- Knife retrivable

I personally do not mind seeing your post everywhere as it pretty much sums up all the things i would like to see worked on + added or implemented and honestly really did expect some of those ideas to be in game at release (not because of hype or elevated expectations, but becasue some of those features are a given / beyond common to be part of games of this design / genre).

Keep posting these please as they are great suggestions and it saves me from doing the exact same thing, which is appreciated :)

I personally do not mind seeing your post everywhere as it pretty much sums up all the things i would like to see worked on + added or implemented and honestly really did expect some of those ideas to be in game at release (not because of hype or elevated expectations, but becasue some of those features are a given / beyond common to be part of games of this design / genre).

Keep posting these please as they are great suggestions and it saves me from doing the exact same thing, which is appreciated :)
I re posted in in the actual right thread general/game suggession https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...s-for-cyberpunk-2077-moving-forward.11062328/

Top Bottom