Understand the Problem with Cyberpunk, Request Suggest features/game balance and be positive!

+
One reason would be Lore Reason, but I am not versed in Cyberpunk to remotely know that. (I don't know the wireless tech in the lore) I had no issue with that statement is why I didn't answer that specific case.

All of the content wasn't cut because of bad gameplay. I believe it was more due to time constraints, last gen hardware, and shift in design in the middle of the project. I have no solid proof but there is questions on design that made finale release. (IE: Why do you easily get so many quick hack components? It seems like they were a single use item like a grenade at some point and the resource system was not changed.)

I don't have objections that content was cut; I object that they still use cut-content in advertising. I understand that it may been created prior to release, but throwing up some annotations (aka Text) saying Not in Finale release isn't hard. Not doing it is shady.

Aesthetically, Music, atmosphere (outside of the lack of interaction) the game is great, but it leans heavy on the big wallet...
The Big Companies use Graphics, Big Name Music and Large Open Worlds so to separate themselves, as smaller budget studios can pretty much achieve a similar product of quality besides these areas. I don't have faith/hope they will do anything more than they absolutely have to, and I expected more out of CDPR by the Reputation, previous history. I was proven wrong, and I may be so again. I just don't believe it will be fixed, even through I want it to be.

I can't get through 1-2 side ops without stupid Grenade bug or something else acting screwy and having to reload the previous save and start again. I wish I could get through the game smoothly for a time, all the reloading when not flatlined is annoying.

(Mechanics of how Sim City works on the surface may look like same old same old, but they don't work. All the previous versions they worked, but they did not work in Sim City 2013. You are right it should of been an easy rehashing but it still doesn't work. I haven't touched EA since 2013 due to release state of that game, and that they never even tried to fixed it.)
In this whole cut content debate, for me it looks like it comes down to huge expectations, then said expectations are further exploited by youtubers and in then we end up in here discussing about those expectations again. There was a bucketful of gold at the end of the rainbow, then it was taken away and now I'm reading here about that bucketful of gold. But I'm not buying it.

Say rigging skill. It really was planned feature at some point. Build guys who know their stuff don't talk much about it because they actually know how things work. But I tried for fun to add rigging to skills and ended up with convoluted, unfun mess that would actually give less build options for player. Also, stealth would be trivial. Solving one problem only to create two other problems would be very poor design.

There was and still are technical issues, but funny how my Xbox didn't blow up. Lot's of things that has been covered many times. I believe at some point call was made what is essential for deadline and what made possible to complete game got priority, that makes sense. What comes to rest, there's very clear strong economical reason for them to do. This game will be huge in PSstore, once they get it back in there. They want that money for many reasons. EA can risks shady practices and what I read from SimCity debacle from Wikipedia, they avoided lawsuit by offering free version of product. They have income from many titles that gives them options, even if product is still garbage. CDPR is not in that position.

Cut content or not, bugs fixed, I just don't see those making that big of a difference for what CP 2077 is. People anticipating magical product, will keep anticipating while grinding towards their potentially great reward in plastic corridors of games tailored for them.

Guest 4531988

In this whole cut content debate, for me it looks like it comes down to huge expectations, then said expectations are further exploited by youtubers and in then we end up in here discussing about those expectations again. There was a bucketful of gold at the end of the rainbow, then it was taken away and now I'm reading here about that bucketful of gold. But I'm not buying it.

Say rigging skill. It really was planned feature at some point. Build guys who know their stuff don't talk much about it because they actually know how things work. But I tried for fun to add rigging to skills and ended up with convoluted, unfun mess that would actually give less build options for player. Also, stealth would be trivial. Solving one problem only to create two other problems would be very poor design.

There was and still are technical issues, but funny how my Xbox didn't blow up. Lot's of things that has been covered many times. I believe at some point call was made what is essential for deadline and what made possible to complete game got priority, that makes sense. What comes to rest, there's very clear strong economical reason for them to do. This game will be huge in PSstore, once they get it back in there. They want that money for many reasons. EA can risks shady practices and what I read from SimCity debacle from Wikipedia, they avoided lawsuit by offering free version of product. They have income from many titles that gives them options, even if product is still garbage. CDPR is not in that position.

Cut content or not, bugs fixed, I just don't see those making that big of a difference for what CP 2077 is. People anticipating magical product, will keep anticipating while grinding towards their potentially great reward in plastic corridors of games tailored for them.

My References for cut content is stuff to not all being related Gameplay issues, for example 3rd person view.

Let me be clear as I can. Cyberpunk could never have lived up to hype and anticipation they and others built up.

EA did not offer a Free Version of the product during the chaos. There was no refunds allowed, they gave a free copy of a different game (Choice of 4 or 5) instead.

CDPR, still has Witcher, and Still has GOG store which infinitely better than EA's store. They are not so easily Hamstringed.

I don't see them adding cut content, or fixing bugs. You are right it will not make a difference especially to their bottom line. I wasn't expecting something magical, I expected cyberpunk to mechanically functioning better than it is, and a category of weapons to have literally more than 1 weapons (There is only 1 LMG throughout the game). Visually/Audio-wise it meets expectations (disregarding your character model and shadows.)

EA did not offer a Free Version of the product during the chaos. There was no refunds allowed, they gave a free copy of a different game (Choice of 4 or 5) instead.

CDPR, still has Witcher, and Still has GOG store which infinitely better than EA's store. They are not so easily Hamstringed.

I don't see them adding cut content, or fixing bugs. You are right it will not make a difference especially to their bottom line.
Point is EA messed up so badly that they had to resort to give some sort of compensation or take a gamble in court.

I also made a typo. I meant to write, CDPR has strong economical incentive to fix the game, because of PS store. Sony doesn't want to risk another controversy, which would bring attention to their toxic refund policy and that situation forces CDRP's hand, also lot's of sales.

This is a company That made a name for itself pandering to its fan base HARD. I will be shocked and disappointed if our voice goes on deaf ears. This whole situation is out of character for them. It just doesn't fit their Profile If you know what I mean.

This is a company That made a name for itself pandering to its fan base HARD. I will be shocked and disappointed if our voice goes on deaf ears. This whole situation is out of character for them. It just doesn't fit their Profile If you know what I mean.
Well guys we gonna keep in mind many articles confirmed that game develpment started recently it wasnt a 7 years process and so cut content most likely don't exist what we talking as cut content is prolly the bare minimum like dual wielding and such on the other hand they seem to be hiring more people to double down on future content so thats a good thing

Lets face it, for CDPR to take the money and run would be a complete and utter disaster for their company.
If Mass Effect Andromeda ended up fixing pretty much all of the bugs and that team got shut down, I don't think
it's hard to imagine CDPR fixing and improving this game.

They did the same thing for W3 and they didn't even need to.

Guest 4531988

Lets face it, for CDPR to take the money and run would be a complete and utter disaster for their company.
If Mass Effect Andromeda ended up fixing pretty much all of the bugs and that team got shut down, I don't think
it's hard to imagine CDPR fixing and improving this game.

They did the same thing for W3 and they didn't even need to.

The record sales disagrees with, it would be a disaster.

• Customizable appearance during the game.
  • Reworked driving. Sorry but driving in this game is not arcade nor realistic but... well, i haven't seen a worse driving since PSX Die Hard Trilogy,
  • Flying vehicles.
  • New game +. I finished the game completely buffed and there are no more yellow or blue missions. I'd love to restart in the highest difficulty with all my hard earned items and levels. No, I don't want to reload the game in front of Embers.
  • Aggro. You can kill a lot of Maelstroms and then walk into their bar. Shouldn't they be a little mad?
  • At least one happy ending. Please, V deserves at least one.
  • Racing. I know this is not GTA but cars have great potential.
  • Boss fights. There is ONE boss and some Cyberpsychos. I want to take down a big ship or gun down a mecha or fight something in cyberspace. I dunno, something big with flashing lights and explosions, you know.
  • Less ammo. Games like Doom force the player to switch weapons by dosing found ammo. In Cyberpunk 2077 you can end the game with one silenced or powerful weapon.
  • Variations in blue missions. You can actually end all the blue missions by jumping on the evidence and running away.
  • Killing or sparing the enemies has no meaning. Maybe your character could become virtuous or bad according to your actions.
  • Favorite weapons. In Borderlands you can mark a weapon as favorite so you don't sell it accidentally.
  • Being able to dismantle weapons in the stash menu.

The record sales disagrees with, it would be a disaster.
Nope, we're not talking about how much they made.
We're talking about their credibility and the rep of the IP of
Cyberpunk. If they decided to run with the money that would be
simultaneously forfeiting any future for this IP.

• Customizable appearance during the game.
  • Reworked driving. Sorry but driving in this game is not arcade nor realistic but... well, i haven't seen a worse driving since PSX Die Hard Trilogy,
  • Flying vehicles.
  • New game +. I finished the game completely buffed and there are no more yellow or blue missions. I'd love to restart in the highest difficulty with all my hard earned items and levels. No, I don't want to reload the game in front of Embers.
  • Aggro. You can kill a lot of Maelstroms and then walk into their bar. Shouldn't they be a little mad?
  • At least one happy ending. Please, V deserves at least one.
  • Racing. I know this is not GTA but cars have great potential.
  • Boss fights. There is ONE boss and some Cyberpsychos. I want to take down a big ship or gun down a mecha or fight something in cyberspace. I dunno, something big with flashing lights and explosions, you know.
  • Less ammo. Games like Doom force the player to switch weapons by dosing found ammo. In Cyberpunk 2077 you can end the game with one silenced or powerful weapon.
  • Variations in blue missions. You can actually end all the blue missions by jumping on the evidence and running away.
  • Killing or sparing the enemies has no meaning. Maybe your character could become virtuous or bad according to your actions.
  • Favorite weapons. In Borderlands you can mark a weapon as favorite so you don't sell it accidentally.
  • Being able to dismantle weapons in the stash menu.
This game isn't doom. You're suppose to proc into a weapon type. but I vibe with every thing eals you said. Promised character creation would be nice too.

Well i would like to see more races, fights and more customization both for V and cars.

I would also like a better crime system and a reputation system with gangs. It would be great if a gang ambushed or put a hit out on me because i just wiped out a building of theyre chooms!

Also if there were 'radient quests' that could be handed out by some fixers or 'random events' that happen on the street it would add a bit more variety to whats already there and make the game feel less linear.

Well i would like to see more races, fights and more customization both for V and cars.

I would also like a better crime system and a reputation system with gangs. It would be great if a gang ambushed or put a hit out on me because i just wiped out a building of theyre chooms!

Also if there were 'radient quests' that could be handed out by some fixers or 'random events' that happen on the street it would add a bit more variety to whats already there and make the game feel less linear.

I agree. The problem is that this effectively requires them to scrap the story. I support this by the way, but it's untenable. Maybe they'll get it right next time... maybe. What is the point of reputation when the gang's are effectively irrelevant? Seriously, they are with regards to the story. They're honestly indifferent for the gameplay at large, minus the Tyger claws having resistance to SMART weapons. Why not classes of enemy types within gangs, different weapon resistances for each gang, etc that would require shifting your tactics.

As for cars. I think it would have been for players and economical for the team to develop 1, maybe 3, car you can customize the hell out of. Make it very much the player's car. If they kept the different safe houses, perhaps they come with allotted garage space, etc. Dunno. I would rather have one car that I can spec out vs 30 options I care little for.

Forgetting the tired "muh cut content" argument - We can easily identify, around every corner, something that should have been done that's absent. Nearly everything people were led to believe they were getting isn't even pie in the sky next-gen material. It's been done before, and the things this games does do has already been done better unfortunately.

Last edited:
-Player should spawn in their home when saved on the street ( the home system is completely useless now,)
Don't you ffffff dare.

Home should have a function, not turned into a re-spawn point... So sick and tired of autosaves in games. And manual save is one of the things that CDPR does right. Pure oldschool gaming.

* Fix AI (at least make some of the reactions less ludicrous and make carsable to overtake or get into non-scripted chases)
* Gate access to missions so that you don't get bombarded from the start with unrelated missions. Probably do this using street cred and make it that you actually need to meet the fixer in person at least once. (First playthrough I didn't even realise they existed in game.
* Fix the game engine so that objects don't just disappear and reappear or blink out when swapping models or glitch between animations or fail to load objects or hover in mid air because for some reason they got loaded in twice.
* Fix the quest bugs / glitches (at least for the majority of quests and those in the main line)
* Introduce sane spawning of enemies some distance away and make their way to you.
* Fix wanted system / expand on it so that it's a fun part of the game rather than something to be avoided or ignored. Car chases with police or drops of max-tac on higher wanted levels.
* Levelling overhaul, particularly NPC levels and item levels. What's the point of iconic / ledgendery items if the next common item you pick up is better.
* Fix minimap zoom or add subtle AR display for way finding.
* (Controversial and with minor spoilers) Remove 3rd person driving. The trick of showing V from the 3rd person for the first time in the ending only works if it's the first time, and 1st person driving is more immersive.
* (With above) restore functioning mirrors, in game mirrors - not talk to activate. Much more immersive to have to look in a mirror to see V and catching glimpses of yourself throughout game.
* (With above) Fix player height in car (first person) so that you can see over dash to drive.
* (With above) Allow look behind view in car (first person) for reversing.
* (Minor spoiler) Restore agency to V in endings. Don't punish players so badly for not choosing to put Johnny in charge.

* (Edit) Make male V a normal height, not tiny.

Well, while i do like C77 now and like a lot - pretty much everything i like it for is because it is not drop-in/drop-out, and therefore accomodates complex storyline and mission scripting - and because every weapon has its quirks.

If that changes, i am afraid i have absolutely no interest in bland pvp weaponry and basic go-there-click-that quests to be 'played with friends' and this is the right moment to quit and watch for sidelines and mock another Breakpoint.

Things i would actually like mostly come down to character, chrome and vehicle customisation. Proper factions and rep system, as well as borg conversions and wetware would be cool but i'd rather save it for Cyberpunk 2 because there is absolutely no way to reconcile the superurgency with factions and i'd rather C77 played to its strengths.

I'm not dissapointed at all in the game. i understand it is a new release and it will take time to adjust. In the mena time i will enjoy what here and will enjoy what comes next.

Honestly I just think game needs more writing and that is difficult to fix ex post. I hope they will do some interesting story heavy DLCs

In Witcher 3 a lot of question marks on the map had some small story and some dialogs to it. Made them interesting and worth searching for. In CB most question marks are just cookie cutter side missions with barely any writing and backstory you can engage with and roleplay into.

Combine that with main questline that ends when you would expect to be about 40% into it and you have a problem..

Honestly I just think game needs more writing and that is difficult to fix ex post. I hope they will do some interesting story heavy DLCs

In Witcher 3 a lot of question marks on the map had some small story and some dialogs to it. Made them interesting and worth searching for. In CB most question marks are just cookie cutter side missions with barely any writing and backstory you can engage with and roleplay into.

Combine that with main questline that ends when you would expect to be about 40% into it and you have a problem..
well said couldnt have said it better

The main problem
It's the main storyline.

They created a character that can't be loved (keanu silver), they failed to create a street mood and the frantic moments from the trailers.

The story itself isn't that creative looks more oriented to fit the possible taste/perception of the people who play medieval fantasy rpgs such as Witcher, and no one knows how they would react to a tech oriented theme.

The story isn't thaaat cyber. The mayor sidequest is the closest they got to a real cyberpunk line.

The romances aren't that touchy, the friendships you get are very dry, and there's a lack of randomness from the city citizens.

Keanu Reeves was only a tool to sell the game. The clothes carrying stats when they should be only cosmetic.

As for all bugs they will get fixed, but not the things i mentioned above.

Congratulations to the team that designed the city and the cars.

Top Bottom