Underwater bow shot graphic bug

+
Underwater bow shot graphic bug

Wanted to share a graphic bug I get when shooting a bow underwater. Happens not at every shot. At shooting off the bolt, a kind of black beams getting off Geralt which shortly disappear following by a transparent torso. Torso being visible shortly afterwards again. Anyone having same issues? Is this already adressed at Cd Red? Or are they even further patch this game?

Last edited:
Youtube is the go-to place. :)

If not, put in Dropbox and upload the link to me in a PM. I'll have a look.

There's a light glare directly over the screen where the shot takes place -- can't see a thing.

In general, trying to record a screen with a camera is very ineffective for seeing a graphical issue. Use screen capture software like FRAPs; Steam also offers screen capture through its own in-game features (providing you're playing through Steam).

Hello,

I have no other possibilty on X1 for recording. Please just look on Geralt. The bright spots are reflections of my house windows, forget this. When shooting some kind of beams are coming out of Geralt and his Torso gets invisble for a moment.

Br

dasft

Attachments

• 2016-09-06.jpg
    2016-09-06.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 94
i just push the fire trigger RB. you mean with aiming manual shooting right? actually dont do this underwater. as mentioned the nearest enemy is autoselected and i push fire trigger. at firing the graphic bug happens

dasft

I play on PC, the mouse middle button is used to aim, we have an approximation over the shoulder, press K to choose an enemy.

View attachment 70201

I dont know how it work on joystick, but if the same effect is there to improve aim, maybe there is a bug in use the camera.

Attachments

• 2016-09-06 (2).jpg
    2016-09-06 (2).jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
yes on the screenshot this is manual aiming. I will try this tonight how this works underwater and if the bug appears too. Anyhow the bug should not appear when normal shooting (lets call it autoaim, target not locked). I got a feedback from Red saying to make a hard reset of the X1 console (remove power for 2min, restart after light change on charger). Not sure what this will reset? Cache... Would be reasonable but it did not help. Would be glad for a solution since its really annoying when fighting underwater. Would also be interested if this is just appearing for me.

dasft

"The first step to fix any Xbox One issue is to correctly "Hard Reset" your console. The technical term used by Xbox Support is "Power Cycle your Xbox One."

Clearing the Cache or in another explanation, persistent storage.

Many people do this, i dont know how it works, there is a support or video to explain better, before apply?

Oh -- I was looking for these "black beams". The disappearing torso is likely the camera dithering near-ground objects (in this case, Geralt's torso, I guess!) Not sure why that's happening. Is it all the time, or just in this one spot?

Hey dasft,
Yes there a few instructions available in the internet how to do a hard reset of the X1 which I did already. I also tried the hard reset way CD Red did suggest. But unfortunately it did not help either way. Hope CD Red will look into the issue once again. But at least they seem to care about it which I appreciate already.

hey SigilFey,
Maybe I did confuse with these beam thing. Unfortunately its hard to explain, before the torso (yes of Geralt :)) gets invisible a grapic glitch (to me it looks like bars/beams are appearing from the left and right arm of Geralt just before the torso gets invisible) A few moments later Geralt looks fine again.
Actually I can reproduce the failure every time underwater shooting. It does not appear at each shooting. But at many.
Furthermore I found out it does not happen if you aim manually (focus). It just appears if you just press and release the fire button, the target is autochosen, at nearest enemy.
First I saw it in Toussaint, then it appeared in a different playthrough in Skellige. So I think this glitch did start with the BoW release/patch

Surely this is no gamebreaking thing and for now with manual aiming it seems not to appear.
But would be great if there is a fix somehow in the future since its since it looks annoying if fighting underwater

BR

dasft

Did you see this specific detail with different armors? the same condition, underwater and so on.

Try the underwater attack, shirtless too.

I would make another vid (without the light glare), and send it in to CDPR Tech Support directly. Whatever it is seems to be specific to a very few players, and is likely some odd form of data corruption or borked saved game file. There should also be a way for you to export and send an actual saved game -- Tech Support should be able to help you there, too, if needed.

I recommend cutting and pasting this into the body of the letter:

Geralt's torso disappearing and reappearing when firing crossbow under water. Bug can be reliably re-created.

See attached video! Playing on XBOX One.

Top Bottom