Unfair judgement sorrounding this game.

+
No, I'm done, have fun with your opinions. let's go back on topic because I don't wanna be dragged in a pointless discussion or get a warning for breaking forum rules. Because I get that, but maybe you don't.

Dont understand, but, ok...
Post automatically merged:

Well I'm sorry that I tried to have some sort of dialogue with this person, clearly this was a bad idea.

I can only hope that people like this are just so traumatised that they spent a lot of money on a game that so spectacularly failed their expectations and failed even to function correctly that they have went into denial, rather than genuinely believing there is no issue here.

As an addendum, the bugs glitches and stability issues are not a matter of opinion, they exist like gravity and independently of your interpretation of the truth. This is a statement, not an opinion please don't respond to this point.

Sorry for you if you are failing, and hard, to impose your ideas like 'rules'.

@IskrasFemme And what makes you think I'm trying to impose my viewpoints on others?

All I said was the game is unfinished. That's true because otherwise Sony, Xbox, and Best Buy wouldn't be offering full refunds due to quality concerns.

@IskrasFemme And what makes you think I'm trying to impose my viewpoints on others?

All I said was the game is unfinished. That's true because otherwise Sony, Xbox, and Best Buy wouldn't be offering full refunds due to quality concerns.

But for what the CD proposed, it is finished. And that does not mean that you cannot add content. You had said before, so I disagreed, it's up there, just retweet some posts: 'people are angry/sad/mad that this is an unfinished game'. I contradicted that by saying, in my opinion, it's over (the game) finished.

So uh, returning to sanity and to the point of the thread, most of the judgement of this game is fair. This is clearly not what was advertised and I hope that in the future this game can somewhat resemble what it was intended to be.

The developers themselves are even expressing their unhappiness with the game in its current state.

Last edited by a moderator:
But for what the CD proposed, it is finished. And that does not mean that you cannot add content. You had said before, so I disagreed, it's up there, just retweet some posts: 'people are angry/sad/mad that this is an unfinished game'. I contradicted that by saying, in my opinion, it's over (the game) finished.
How can you possibly claim the game is finished when all console players are being offered full refunds due to major quality concerns?

If the game runs like crap on Xbox One and PS4 that means the game isn't finished. Your game has to work smoothly on ALL platforms.

Arguable.

Bad? can be, out of content? Can be, but atention, not to everyone. A lot of people are just praising the actual game. Just it. You can suggest things, its not a problem.
Post automatically merged:

How can you possibly claim the game is finished when all console players are being offered full refunds due to major quality concerns?

If the game runs like crap on Xbox One and PS4 that means the game isn't finished. Your game has to work smoothly on ALL platforms.

- refund for bugs and poor otimization (umplayable). About what they say, what happens, we have a note from CDPR (CEOs). But to PC, is diferent. About content, (PC) the game is finished, but or maybe poor for some. I disagree about what the press say about the game.

So uh, returning to sanity and to the point of the thread, most of the judgement of this game is fair. This is clearly not what was advertised and I hope that in the future this game can somewhat resemble what it was intended to be.

The developers themselves are even expressing their unhappiness with the game in its current state, you would have to be simply deluded to state there's no issues with the game knowing that!

- fair for you, unfair to me and a lot of others. Like you or not.

It's fair judgement if you did the wrong things and getting backlash.

PS4 version is one of the example. Not mentioning cut features.

The issue is complex. It's the state of the game yes, but CDPR is a PC game developer, we all know how PC games work. They come out mostly done and they get patched up over a few months. Some are in worse states then others, and big open world RPGs are usually the worst. Bethesda I'm looking at you here. But we know that's the price we pay for immersing ourselves in a massive complex game.

It's not just that the game is so rough around the edges and needs more development time. They can do that, they can fix it.

You know, there are norms in the gaming industry, and they're good for everyone. For console players CDPR broke some norms like console games don't crash 4 times in one play setting and run at 12-24FPS. That's not a good norm to break, we don't need to start having crashing console games that barely work all over the place. We don't want all these companies thinking that they can sell hugely scaled down versions of the games they advertised. There's some poor choomba out there with a collectors edition CYBERPUNK XBOX that doesn't understand why the game barely runs on it. CDPR pushing this norm is not good for anyone, and the reason they pushed it is money NOW THIS QUARTER. Straight up. Just money they would have gotten anyway if they waited and worked it all out.

And remember we all love CDPR because they go out of their way to give us the benefit of the doubt: No DRM, Free DLC has been their mantra. And when they sell us DLC it's more like an EXPANSION like the old days. Make a good product, and the consumer will reward you. And so we give them the benefit of the doubt when we play their games.

But when CDPR starts lying (We've been polishing a finished game since January), and actively deceiving its customers (No console versions available for review and "It runs suprisngly well"), well we've seen this play book before. If they messed up and needed another 2 years, because of design changes and mismanagement we even get that too. Because we've seen it before so many times. Mismanagement, development hell and a game needs another year to sort out. We'd have rather they scrap the whole thing and take another 5 years if they had to.

Yeah, it's a good game. Leaves a bitter taste in my mouth though.

Last edited:
I agree with the OP. The game is good. It could still be great at some time in the future, it has the base to be great. But I also agree with some of the criticisms here. For example, it's RPG lite. The choices don't really matter, I don't think. Some of the perks are just percentage increases in things and don't really feel like they change the game that much. They all boil down to, how to increase damage in whatever way you choose to play.

I'm fortunate, my game has never crashed, I experience very few bugs and glitches. Most of my issues with the game come down to some undercooked features that are an annoyance and a bit immersion breaking. For example, looking down a crowded street and swiveling around the crowd changes. You can be driving down an empty street, stop your car, then be rear ended by cars that spawn right behind you. Cops are nothing more than another gang but they will follow you basically anywhere and when you lose them, the game will spawn new cops behind you. There is no talking yourself out of most conflicts in the game. The AI is sometimes amazingly stupid. I watched a group of three animals constantly dodge left and right through a door, never once shooting at me or coming through the door to try and attack me. This is rare, but it does happen.

None of those things make the writing bad, the performances bad, the graphics bad, or the gameplay not fun, the map not expansive, the city not fun to drive around in, it just makes them less than they otherwise could be. The biggest issue I see with the game is everything boils down to killing people. From what I can see there is no punishment for murdering everyone and no benefit to trying to do little or no killing. Truthfully, it's hard to imagine playing the game through to fruition, trying to do all the side missions or experience all the aspects of the story. It's not a bad game, it's certainly not a great game, it's a decent or good game. I would still give it, minimally, a numeric rating of 7-7.5, which not a bad game.

CDPR deserves criticism. There is very little communication to what they are doing to fix the issues, what kind of time frame we are talking about for certain issues, if they plan to update the AI so it's not so dim and fix the police so you can interact with them in some way and maybe so they don't open fire on you just because you walk to close to them. They are still a good company in that they overall are maintaining good consumer practices, by giving refunds to those people who find the game that disappointing. They weren't completely honest with how poorly it would run on the last gen consoles, and it seems to run fine but no one can buy these consoles because of supply issues and issues with scalpers (which is not CDPRs issue, that is with retailers and manufacturers of these consoles). It's a rather perfect storm for CDPR, they made mistakes, have admitted to them and apologized, and offered full refunds which is simultaneously damaging their reputation with Sony and MS. But they still need to communicate better with us.

Last edited:

Guest 4406876

Idk I'm not putting here my opinions because it would be the same person over and over obviously, and I don't wanna make it sound it's just me or be accused as I'm a resonant bell of negativity only, so I'd just drop by from time to time and post some youtube guys and their perspective.

More opinions from people and the comments as well.
Suffice to say you have to watch videos in it's entirety to get the goods and bads.

I. My Opinion they deserve the backlash as it could easily be avoided with better and more communication about facts what will be in the Game and what not when it's released. Even there would also be the option to make sure everyone understands that content will be put in night city after time. But it didn't and for those teasers and other quotes of their PR they now have to take the slap. Sad as it is.

Guest 4406876

I just got the news that some of the investors might proceed for a lawsuit against CDPR. Idk what it's true about this, but I'm not surprised because I'd have done the same 1 day after launch immediatly if I was an investor.

And since this could happen (it's not sure idk) I'm really the fuck out of here for real. Because if there's a base for a lawsuit (and that kind of validates even the false marketing part to my understanding) there's really no point in continuing ANY kind of conversation regarding this game on a forum about anything.

So It was a fun ride till launch choombas, I really had nice time out of Cyberforum2077, despite confusions and opposite opinions clashes, it's all good really ,and, all in all, it will serve as a reminder that "you never pre-order, not even Cyberpunk 2077".
Cheers and god speed to everybody here, mods, users, fans, everybody!
Get some air , well if covid restrictions aren't an issue, get a good tabletop game and play with anyone you have in your house, or Idk cards,do whatever makes you happy. Merry xmas to all in advance for those who celebrate it!

bye

I was having fun, until patch 1.05, now i cannot play the game. I asked for help in steam forums, and aparently I got a lot of replies but now I cannot read them because they deleted my post. I want to ask for help in the forum, but I cannot until I reach 10 posts, so I will spam my story until I can finally ask for help in a proper post.
In general I was satisfied with the game, except maybe with the writing not being nearly as good as the witcher 3, and that stealth is useless because most enemies are immune to getting killed/non-lethal. I was expecting to run a silent killer/hacker and it is not possible, at least not at low level. I was happy until patch 1.05 rolled out, and now I can't play and my posts gets deleted so... now im not happy.

I also think the judgement is unfair, but honestly: It is just a forum. And since the invention of our glorious internet, a forum is just a mirror of the unhappy people. Happy people nearly never write in forums.

Personally, I think that Cyberpunk is an issue on consoles. On my PC it runs great so far and iot is just awesome. (i9 with a 2080 Ti).
So I can fully understand the anger from the console angle and Sonys reaction speaks lot.

Further, most complains are about features. Here CDPR made the mistake, to show things in videos, that are now not in-game. Honestly, this is just lying and yes, this evokes bashing. And this is correct.
But nevertheless, what people must learn:
Big companies have departments for
1.) Creating the product: They know the features
2.) Advertising the product, the marketing: They don't know the features, never, in no company ... but they promote them.
And in most cases, they don't speak to each other adequately. There are connections and these connection allow reduced information flow. And the result is, that Marketing Output never ever meets reality. Never, for no product of no company.

And yes, clothing ... I also would like to have some of the clothing of street NPCs. And yes, also Geralt looked like a clown 90% of his game ... and yes, this this is my pain point and was pain point then.

And sure, there are bugs. And I am grateful, that I haven't see a major one so far. But so far, these are small things, and if you programmed something in your life, you know that such a big program can never, and I mean never, be without bugs.

But some of the demanded features are just so incredible ridiculous:

SEX - Braindance (and the strange stuff) - I mean, wtf, this is not a sex game
Nudity ... omg, why ... just why is this important at all. Again, not a sex game.
Crime - Braindance ... most of this stuff is snuff etc. ... I don't wanna see this. The stories are adult content enough. (in my eyes)

I like the full streets, this is just amazing. I love the flair, I love how I look (when I put style over substance, and yes, I have two sets of clothing -.- ), I love how NPCs behave in quests and dialogues.

And after 40 hours I am 10% story and still in the Heist and I have a great time in this game.

In a nutshell:
God damn fix this thing on consoles and give us clothes. I guess 50% of all issues are gone afterwards.

Regards

The game is unfinished, there is no doubt about it, so negative reviews are absolutely understandable.
this was criticized by employees almost a year ago.
However, the criticism should only relate to the game and not against CDPR, the decision to publish the game in this state was only made by the management at CDPR.
The people at CDPR, who have been working on the game for years to give us the best possible result, are just as annoyed as we are.

Article on PCGames (German)

Employees let their frustration run free

The employees asked directly and apparently quite angrily why the management publicly announced in January 2020 that Cyberpunk 2077 was ready and playable, even though that was not the case at all. Another employee wanted to know whether it was not hypocritical to develop a game about large corporations that exploit their employees if you let your own employees work in crunch for so long. The entire image of the company would suffer from the situation. The management is said to have responded only very imprecisely.

Top Bottom