Unification patch for 1.31 and 1.31GOTY game versions

+
Unification patch for 1.31 and 1.31GOTY game versions

Nexus mod page link.

Current game versions:
- 1.31 GOG GOTY: often referred to as just "GOTY", it's unique to GOG platform.
- Steam 1.31 GOTY: it's a bundle that consists of the base 1.31 game and all DLCs.
- Steam/GOG 1.31: regular game version often referred to as "non-GOTY".

So, there are essentially two versions of the game: 1.31 GOG GOTY ("GOTY") and 1.31 ("non-GOTY").

GOTY and non-GOTY versions are almost the same, but they have enough differences to create modding problems.

This package alters BASE game scripts and makes both game versions identical:
- main menu will be random as in GOG GOTY version;
- non-GOTY will get small fix for NG+ item levels that exists for GOG GOTY version only;
- "DLC installed" message will no longer pop up after loading a save;
- main menu greeting message will no longer be shown (not in GOG GOTY, needed for compatibility reasons);
- "DLC installed" banners in main menu will no longer be shown if you have both paid DLCs installed;
- GOTY will get "Downloadable content" option is main menu where all installed DLCs will be shown;
- the most important part: base scripts for both game versions will be identical making things easier for both mod creators and mod users.

TBH, I think CDPR should have done this themselves. Having two different game version with two identical version numbers is no good, especially for the game with official modding support, but unfortunately, there are no indications CDPR is going to do anything about the problem.

I was unable to reliably differentiate GOTY and non-GOTY so, "Downloadable content" menu item is present with Unification patch installed for both versions of the game and this is the only small issue, which won't affect the game negatively nevertheless.

Again, since CDPR does not appear to be interested in resolving version conflict problem, I ask my fellow modders to join me on this one and switch to support the Unified patch with their mods. Or propose another solution, if they have any, to resolve existing compatibility problems and make things easier for both mod users and mod makers as keeping two mod versions for big and complex mods is not efficient.

Extremely good idea, though it's usefulness depends on how much it's used by other modders (more specifically, modders responsable of the biggest/most useful mods in out there, luckily we have friendly hud/ghost mode/preparations covered :p).

The least CDPR could do is trying to make this official, or at publicize it.

It will at least allow mod users to switch to GOTY versions of the mods as the game they get with Unification patch is very close to GOTY.

But yes, it all depends on the community and I would like very much to have official solution to this problem: a common scripting base at least for PC.

Sorry for necroing an ancient thread but I'm wondering if any kind soul with script knowledge could tell me how to get the DLC installed messages and the banners back into my main menu without uninstalling the patch. I am one of those rare specimens who enjoyed looking at them. I assume it's only a matter of changing a line or two of code but I can't figure out which file is the culprit here.

Top Bottom