Unlimited Geralt Yrden needs rework

+
Earlier RED rewok unlimited action cards. Now Geralt Yrden can get crazy value (92 points on the screen).
Yrden is like old Hail Merigold ! While swarm decks or buff decks cannot win in 2 rounds. They need time to disperse. So Yrden just squeezes out similar archetypes from Gwent ! Yrden value should be limited. Maybe for 2 targets or something like that.
irden.jpg

Last edited:
The play shows some serious overcommitment to swarm and boosts, so of course Yrden will get crazy value against it. That is the whole point of the card.

Yrden is fine the way it is. It can get huge value, or it can get next to no value; it's not OP just because it counters a specific deck type.

Cards that affect an entire row (or even an unlimited number of units) have always existed -- and it's not like Yrden is the only such card in the current version.

Change it to 5 power 10 provisions, Reset 3 adjacent units.
This would be good before defenders. As it is the only way to play around Yrden is to not row stack which keeps defenders from being completely broken with some archetypes as opposed to being mildly broken auto include right now.

Once again Yrden makes some archetypes unplayable.
When matchmaking is by your side Yrden himself flip the game. If not - Yrden is a brick.
It's a bad card design.

Guest 4368268

It's usually the kind of card you use if you play next to no control. It's like old Greatswords using Igni, they don't really care what you do throughout the game on your end of the board and they let you get most of your strategy off but they do have one big control card at the end waiting for you. I don't mind that. Only problem is of course that it's harder to spread your units out effectively now. I still prefer a big Yrden to the kinds of deck that kill your stuff every other turn.
There being a punish for Monster Greed isn't a bad thing whatsoever since most control cards inherently 'brick' against it. Just seems you think all your crazy combos (Yghern + Ozzrel) are fine but the opponent should not have an answer tbh.

Once again Yrden makes some archetypes unplayable.
When matchmaking is by your side Yrden himself flip the game. If not - Yrden is a brick.
It's a bad card design.

If the risk vs reward doesn't sound good to you then don't use Yrden, it's just an option. I don't know why it's bad card design just because it's high risk.

In a game with this much boosts going on Yrden is a needed counter. I haven't seen a good reason to change it.

Not sure if Gwent contains a lot of tier 1 boosts that needed Yrden counter.
Pure boost archetypes (like insectoids) actually fan decks regardless of Yrden.

Last edited:
If you design a deck that entirely relies on a single mechanism, it is pretty obvious that facing a deck that carries a conter to that mechanism will lose.
There are insane buffing mechanisms in this game where within a few turns power can be generated on field that no sane damage deck would ever solve. So either all the buffing spam gets nerfed (and thats like most cards out there? :D), or this card remains as it is.

If you feel the amount of debuffing in recent decks is too much, you have to adapt. There is no way around that (unless you lack the options because you lack cards ; I have that issue too, you just take the hit then). You could focus a bit more on units with higher base value and maybe more damage so the debuff wont hit you as hard that you will lose.

PS: I just saw the swarm -> Yennefer of Vengerberg-> Geralt: Yrden combo; its probably old and known but I found it still pretty esp with a certain new unit from Iron Judgment

Top Bottom