Unlimited Mulligan Idea and Thoughts

+
I think in HC it would be a lot better if every player had unlimited mulligans during each phase.
It would introduce a new level of strategy into the game.
With unlimited mulligan each player can choose what lineup they bring against their opponent based on what they think the opponent might play against them.
Not to mention that besides the increased tactical aspect of the game you reduce the RNG factor a whole lot.
Right now if you draw 3 bad cards and your leader can only mulligan 1 you are screwed.
There are no draw backs to unlimited mulligans.
If you want to make it even more significant reintroduce blacklisting. A mulliganed card cannot be redraws during the phase in which it was mulliganed. This way each mulligan matters again because you have to be very careful what you throw away and what you keep because once mulliganed it can't be redrawn in that round and you will have to play without it.
It will lead to decisions such as do you discard 2 golds in order to get two engine bronzes that work really well in round 1, do you keep your high tempo cards because you know you go second and want to win on even or do you keep weaker cards because you want to bleed your opponent in r1 and push for big tempo in r2 and r3.
As it is right now some archtypes aren't even viable because they 100% coinflips. You either get your cards and stomp or you miss the draw and lose.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
This is a terrible idea and does not increase the tactical aspect of anything. Instead, everyone will just be playing the strongest cards, which (among other things) creates a rift in the deck builder, where 4 provision cards are only used as fodder to be discarded later. The decks will include the most expensive cards and, to offset this, the cheapest cards are used as filler. Heck, this is happening already to a certain extend.

There are no draw backs to unlimited mulligans.

Really? Because I can immediately see two:

1) Players will keep mulliganing until they get a perfect hand. (And pretty much what 4RM3D said.)
2) Players mulliganing until they get a perfect hand will make games FAR too long. There are already complaints about the game being too slow; this would make it ten times worse.

I haven't played enough to be able to tell if there's need for additional mulligans, but in any case having NO limit wouldn't be a good solution.

Really? Because I can immediately see two:

1) Players will keep mulliganing until they get a perfect hand. (And pretty much what 4RM3D said.)
2) Players mulliganing until they get a perfect hand will make games FAR too long. There are already complaints about the game being too slow; this would make it ten times worse.

I haven't played enough to be able to tell if there's need for additional mulligans, but in any case having NO limit wouldn't be a good solution.
Exactly..!!! That's why i only play Usurper ft. Letho of Gutlet (love these two so much, hope CDPR never touch this couple), no leader power, no mulligan feelgoodman...
P/s: Insert the "you have no power here!" gif please !!!

Last edited:
How is people getting a perfect hand a draw back? Plus if you add blacklisting as well then people will have to consider very carefully what is their 'perfect hand'. Because all the golds won't be the perfect hand. Even now if you start with all 4 gold in your hand you aren't that happy in most cases. Unlimited mulligan would be an awesome skill check and you make the gap between theory crafters and casuals a lot bigger because just netdecking won't be enough anymore. You will either have to figure out what 'perfect hand' vs each archtype is by yourself or go through extensive guides people published online.
As for fodder cards, that might happen but not to such an extent that it becomes a real issue. After all you have to play at least 16 cards in any game. But that is never going to be the amount. Cards like roach and the witcher trio, not to mention traps and artifacts pulled with golds, royal decree and the list goes on. You end up playing at least 20 cards each game on average. That means that at the very worst 5 cards would be 'fodder'.
And you can keep the timer as it is. It won't take any longer than it does now.

why not just start with all cards in your hand as a result no rng (like all players love to blame rng ), i think everyone understand how games will look like

Top Bottom