"Unmarked special" cars which are possible to save: how many are there? What are they? Where to get them?

+
Many players do not know, but there are a few cars in the game which can't be bought, repaired and called at any time, but are still saved permanently. And among them there are cars of the kinds player can not ever buy.

So far, i discovered three cars of the kind:

- greenish Galena turned into a sport car. This one is from a side quest where V saves some gonk from being killed by Tygers, if memory serves. It's his car. The guy goes away with some nomads, and the car stays freely available. Thing is, it's one nimble, fast-accelerating and small car, quite nice to drive;

- at least two different "Sidewinder" cars with different paintjobs: one in Aldecaldo colors, another in Raffen colors. Those accelerate even better, on par with Caliburn (no joke!), have much more forgiving suspension (being nomad cars). Both are completely permanent.

The Aldecaldo Sidewinder - i took from some garage doing some side job in very southern region of the game's playable area, if memory serves; it's not the one available near Aldecaldo 1st camp. Did not try that one - perhaps that one's also permanent? Don't know.

I parked all three near V's appartment, outdoors (not in the garage), behind a barrier where no pedestrians ever walk - and those three cars persisted through dozens game launches and game loads. The 1st one is a bit damaged - with some small smoke coming outta couple spots - and this damaged state also persists.

Thing is, i suspect there are more cars of this "can't be bought / owned, but can be permanently saved" variety in the game. Perhaps a permanent truck? Permanent police cars (i heard there are a few)? Heck, maybe even an AV? =)

Please share if you know anything about any other cars of this sort. Thanks!

I also wonder, but are these cars special? Can't you just pick any?

I'd also check a white Mizutani cabrio near one of the blue bandit events.

I also wonder, but are these cars special? Can't you just pick any?

I'd also check a white Mizutani cabrio near one of the blue bandit events.
Yep, they are very special. I tried to save many other "unique" or "unusual" cars in the same location, but they vanished. Including Mizutani cabrio you mentioned. Also, i was very sad when i found that unique "black SUV" from the "prophet" quest - is also not permanent. The only way to save those, as well as all the "regular" cars which one can steal or hijack - is doing a save with V being inside the car. But obviously, V can't be inside multiple cars at the same time.

This is why those "permanent" cars are special, see - those are saved even while V is not in 'em. I still don't know what makes those cars so, too. It's not even that it's some "quest flag", you see. I recently tried this and that way to save one red-silver Caliburn from a sidequest where V picks this car up for Nancy's son - so this one is clearly "a quest car". Nope, can't be saved in any way:

- if you drive it to the location which corresponding optional quest objective points to and give it to the guy - then this car becomes "locked" and can not be entered anymore;

- if you drive it to any other location - then it's stays available after the quest's completion, but vanishes upon loading a save where V is not inside this car;

- and if you take the keys for this car but leave the car itself where it stands (in 6th street gang's garage), go and complete the quest and then return to "pick up" the car as you now have keys to it, then the car magically vanishes from where it was.

So it's just trial and error, you see - figuring out which ones are permanent. At least, i can't figure any way to know in advance! %)

I've had the blue/ green Galena GA32XT persist throughout the course of almost an entire playthrough, despite being destroyed.

I also sunk a Mizutani Shion MZ2 (just a random one) near the docks. I revisit it from time to time to find that it's still sitting on the sea floor ':/ It's not just mission-specific vehicles that remain indefinitely in the save game's memory.

The Quadra V-Tech from "Sex On Wheels" is also persistent for my current playthrough, meaning that Valerie effectively has two of them; the one encountered in the mission (which persists) in addition to the one that gets added to the car call list;

I try to keep a Sidewinder for me. I love that car.

There a lot of unowned cars in the world you can "keep" if you maintain them in a secure area like your garage.

Many players do not know, but there are a few cars in the game which can't be bought, repaired and called at any time, but are still saved permanently. And among them there are cars of the kinds player can not ever buy.

What do you mean by "save" exactly?

I have picked up a black Kusanagi bike couple times, which unfortunately can't be bought. But I will lose it if I call my car via service.

Here is image of it
photomode_21122020_141055.png

I will try to park them... but in my opinion regardless where you park them, they will vanish if you use the "call your vehicle" feature on your phone.

Oh that's bad news. I usually go walking to places, if I want to drive I keep the car in the garage and teleport near it and stays... but I haven't tried it several times (I just get an abandoned car on the street o go walking) so I haven't checked if you call other vehicle.

Here is one from bikes I found in Watson and this one is also saved with V (I think that one was from gig where V had destroy drugs production factory) ... I was really surprised to see it parked before Afterlife (where I left it before talk to Jackie) after my V have returned back from dead:

Cyberpunk 2077® 2021.04.02 - 21.24.01.01.png

What do you mean by "save" exactly?

I have picked up a black Kusanagi bike couple times, which unfortunately can't be bought. But I will lose it if I call my car via service.

Here is image of it
View attachment 11206120

I will try to park them... but in my opinion regardless where you park them, they will vanish if you use the "call your vehicle" feature on your phone.
By "saved permanently" i mean that those "permanent" cars are included into a save file - no matter if V is inside or not; no matter if V calls any number of owned vehicles or not; no matter where you park those cars. They are included into each and every save file, with their location and damage state. One can restart the game, load any save which has those cars non-destroyed, get to their location, enter them and drive them around. They are _permanent_.

I've had the blue/ green Galena GA32XT persist throughout the course of almost an entire playthrough, despite being destroyed.

I also sunk a Mizutani Shion MZ2 (just a random one) near the docks. I revisit it from time to time to find that it's still sitting on the sea floor ':/ It's not just mission-specific vehicles that remain indefinitely in the save game's memory.

The Quadra V-Tech from "Sex On Wheels" is also persistent for my current playthrough, meaning that Valerie effectively has two of them; the one encountered in the mission (which persists) in addition to the one that gets added to the car call list;

Blue/green Galena GA32XT - yep, it's the same one i mentioned in the 1st post. I observed it being persistent in more than one playthrough, too.

I heard similar stories elsewhere, too - about destroyed persistent cars still, well, persisting.

And yes, it's clearly not just some select few of "quest" cars. That persistent raffen Sidewinder i got - was not anyhow involved in any quest.

Perhaps cars get permanent if the player drives them through certain set of circumstances? Through some specific quest scripts, for example through any script which involves a quest NPC to enter V's car? Perhaps just uses them long enough? I have no clue.
Post automatically merged:

I wont believe this until I see it myself.
Ok, your doubts are understandable. But it's true and i am very willing to show you, if i at all can.

But there is a technical problem. The manufacturer of my NVidia-based videocard - MSI company - provides the famous "Afterburner" utility for videocapture, but it does not work in Cyberpunk 2077. I hear this is because Cyberpunk uses that "DirectX 12 in Win7" wrapper or somesuch. Is there any other free, fast and reliable videocapture software you can recommend? Once i am able to videocapture a short video where i load a save game and then drive those pre-saved permanent cars, i can then upload to my youtube channel, drop a link here, and you'll see it.

And screenshots, any kind of screenshots, i can provide you any time - if some kind of screenshot would siffuce to "see it yourself". Will a screeshot with all three cars described in the 1st post convince you? After all, all three are unique designs and getting all three to the same spot without them being permanent objects - i think would be impossible.

So what you'd like to see?

Last edited:
These permanent nonpurchased vehicles are real thing. My previous play through I parked bike in street in Watson and then found it there many (50-100) play hours later. I however thought it may be coincidence, but looks like not :)

I wont believe this until I see it myself.
Ok, here's the best i can do for now (see my above post about video capture):

Permanent_cars_-_2-Quartz-Sidewinders-and-Galena-sportcar.jpg

this screenshot should suffice, because:

- it is taken a split second after loading a saved game (standard PrtScrn button), which is why there is no UI yet in the game: all the UI appears a moment after scenery appears, and i took the screenshot before it does;

- it shows the three permanent cars described in the 1st post.

The "Sidewinder" cars you see - are "Quartz Sidewinder" model, a nomad modification of Quartz sport car. I've seen folks really wishing they could buy one, because of how fast / powerful it is. Well, this is the only way i know to anyhow "own" one - or even two, like i do. :)

P.S. If you want any more screenshots, taken in any particular manner - please tell me what kind, and i'll be happy to provide 'em.

Here is one from bikes I found in Watson and this one is also saved with V (I think that one was from gig where V had destroy drugs production factory) ... I was really surprised to see it parked before Afterlife (where I left it before talk to Jackie) after my V have returned back from dead:

View attachment 11206171
Yeah I usually drive this motorcicle after that quest (in act I) and was surprised by seeing it in front of the after life in act 2 where I last parked it before the heist. You're on to something OP
XD

I found a border patrol car while out and about.

Vanished first time i left it alone for 2 mins

Attachments

• Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.03.28 - 22.53.03.45.png
    Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.03.28 - 22.53.03.45.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 130
  • Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.03.28 - 23.11.18.03.png
    Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.03.28 - 23.11.18.03.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 139
  • Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.03.28 - 23.20.21.14.png
    Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.03.28 - 23.20.21.14.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 92
  • Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.03.28 - 23.23.53.39.png
    Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.03.28 - 23.23.53.39.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 124

View attachment 11206171
I just confirmed this one. I'm far into Act 2 in the current playthrough, done with Vodoo Boys, done with Hellman, going towards the parade. And i found this very bike in Watson pretty much by accident, recognised it from your picture, took it to the area i have my 3 persistent cars saved, left it there, went away miles, and later discovered it's still standing there.

Improtant part is, being a bike, it's obviously impossible to have any quest NPC joining V in riding it. Also, i don't remember using this bike - at least not any much; though it was parked in some narrow alley in a way i'd likely leave it there, so i probably used it a bit. Still, my above guesses about it - are clearly not things which make those specific vehicles permanently saveable.

By the way, this bike is same model / shape as the one we get from one certain hidden quest, and that one is fully owned, but very different color - green. So it's a pair of those, then a pair of Quartz Sidewinders, and both those types are not purchasable. Hm. Coincedence? My gut starts to tell me those vehicles are persistent by design, not by some glitch. Little hidden secrets, sort of. If we'll ever find another Galena GA32XT, also being persistent but colored differently - it'd then be quite a certainty, as that pair would also be the same - 3rd pair of non-purchasable vehicles yet possible to "own" this strange way. :)

How I see it, there are hidden numerous small "gems" in different form. I ofc can be mistaken, but with 1.2 I saw numerous small details, touches, which binds things happening in NC together and offer joy to people which saw them. Could be, that it is one from main reasons why I like this game so much :)

Last edited:
I'm not fully convinced. I've had several cars that I just got my hands on tjat seemed to persist, and then at some random point in time still just vanished. I had it happen with silver/black Mizutani's which persisted for a long time, and were gone at some weird moment. The same with the black CT-3X parked it in the garage several times until at one bleek morning there were only Hella's there.
An Aldecaldos truck that can be found at the same location as a black CT-3X, equal story.
Several Wraith Quartz like cars.

Maybe they respawn at those locations every time, I have not checked that on every instance.
Btw, wish that was the case with at least the Mizutani convertible

Btw, the green sportscar thats parked at afterlife, who's car is that? Thaat one seems to be always present as far as I have seen. Handles much like a caliburn.

Top Bottom