(unofficial) Cyberpunk 2077 FAQ. Frequently Asked Quandaries.

+
Thanks for creating (and seemingly updating) this F.A.Q. Nicely done, and informative... Already (sort of) answered a question I had about Multiplayer posted in another thread--as in, before I had seen this one.

maj!

I had a not-frequently-asked-enough question the other day when it was announced that the big update for Mortal Kombat X would only be coming to next-gen consoles:
Will CD Projekt be publishing and distributing Cyberpunk 2077 this time around?

With the way WB Games has been behaving towards the PC community, I have hopes that CD Projekt will notice this and avoid working with WB in any capacity in the future and possibly distribute new games on their own, in ways that best suit their needs as a developer as well as the needs of their fans.
So, that was the question I have been constantly asking myself lately.

Now how did I miss two threads about info on the game? Great stuff.

A few more additions:

-The game will be a mix of First-Person and Third-Person view [link]
-This video (user claims the music playing is the soundtrack of the game and shows a conference with more info - take the first part with a grain of salt) [link]

Keep it up.

Edit: I love that track btw, now I am inspired to make one myself.

Last edited:
hey guys, i have just a couple of questions about this game, hope that there are answers to them, and i also hope that this is the right topic
so was this game in development before witcher 3 got out? or it started after that? is late 2017. reallistic time frame for this game to be finished? also are there any chanches that we will see some of this game at this year E3, did CDPR said something about it?

thx very much ;)

so was this game in development before witcher 3 got out?
Yes. We first heard about it in 2012.
is late 2017. reallistic time frame for this game to be finished?
It is, but it depends the overall scope of the game. There might be a chance also that they are willing to extend even more to polish bugs/improve experience (as happened with W3)

also are there any chanches that we will see some of this game at this year E3, did CDPR said something about it?

That, I don't know. We haven't heard anything for a long time other than info from occasional interviews (read source material above).

Yes. We first heard about it in 2012.
I know about that, I heard it also then, but at that time they were creating witcher 3, how much of cyberpunk were they able to make while most of their efforts were concentrated on witcher? I mean this game is supposed to be as big or even bigger then witcher 3, and for w3 it took them aprox 4 years, and they still didnt finished second expansion, so i am afraid that it could took even more for this game, who knows maybe it come out in 2019-2020.

@Aedan2 from what we know they have two teams working on the two games, but I'd guess the cyberpunk team was a lot smaller while the witcher was still in development. at the same time they don't have to create a whole new engine for this game, so that balances it out a bit. and now that they are only making expansions for the witcher the ratio is probably flipped.
they said how they liked the way fallout 4 was announced (few months before release). they missed that train with cp, but they did say that they won't talk about the game this year. so it could be theorized that they are waiting with the "second announcement" until the game is very close to ready, so they could release not long afterwards. (which I think could be next years's E3. but this last part is just me thinking.)

@Aedan2 from what we know they have two teams working on the two games, but I'd guess the cyberpunk team was a lot smaller while the witcher was still in development. at the same time they don't have to create a whole new engine for this game, so that balances it out a bit. and now that they are only making expansions for the witcher the ratio is probably flipped.
they said how they liked the way fallout 4 was announced (few months before release). they missed that train with cp, but they did say that they won't talk about the game this year. so it could be theorized that they are waiting with the "second announcement" until the game is very close to ready, so they could release not long afterwards. (which I think could be next years's E3. but this last part is just me thinking.)

thx very much, didnt know there were two teams, and engine is already done, right, so late 2017. is actually pretty reallistic time frame for releasing the game :D

I really hope my fear is unfounded, but at the same time... wouldn't it be at least a little "COOL" if they waited until 2020 as an homage (seeing as how they missed the 2013 homage to the original. (And yes, I understand that they weren't any plans or even hopes that 2013 would've seen a release, just referencing the date.)

I would love to see it sooner, *of course* ... like 2017... But if it's going to be closer to Q4 (or even Q3) 2019 vs Q1 2020?? at that point, I'd want t o wait the extra months and have the built-in homage to game.

I really hope my fear is unfounded, but at the same time... wouldn't it be at least a little "COOL" if they waited until 2020 as an homage (seeing as how they missed the 2013 homage to the original. (And yes, I understand that they weren't any plans or even hopes that 2013 would've seen a release, just referencing the date.)

I would love to see it sooner, *of course* ... like 2017... But if it's going to be closer to Q4 (or even Q3) 2019 vs Q1 2020?? at that point, I'd want t o wait the extra months and have the built-in homage to game.

since they wanna come out with 2 big games by 2021 [page 25], and cyberpunk will most likely be the first, there is pretty much no way it could be as late as 2020.

cyseal

Is it known will the game have over-the shoulder camera view as in Mass Effect or 3rd person?

Last edited:
Top Bottom