(unofficial) Cyberpunk 2077 FAQ. Frequently Asked Quandaries.

+
The FPP/TPP thing was in a slide from a presentation in 2013, where it was still most certainly in the pre-production.

The only thing it confirms is this is where their minds were for a time.

Snowflakez;n10525222 said:
I wasn't asking you to change the entry for the first one. I was asking for confirmation on whether or not it was true. I could have sworn we were literally told there would be FPP and TPP in the game. You don't have to add it, I just don't want to be operating under a false assumption if I'm wrong.

From one of the links I posted:

http://img6.gram.pl/120130813091633.jpg

As Meccanical already said, it was a part of presentation from 2013, so all it confirms is that at one point they definitely were thinking about it or, to put it differently, they included that in one of theirs early prototypes.

Last edited:
Ah, okay, thanks folks. I thought it was in a more recent interview or something. I hope it's TPP if they do stick with just one perspective, not a big fan of FPP-only games (with the exception of KCD).

I keep getting you two mixed up with the identical avatars, hah.

What do you mean by "identical avatars"? My is centered on JC's face, while Meccanical's has more background on the left. That's quite a difference!

Seriously though, when it comes to the matter of perspective, I on other hand definitely prefer first person over third in this type of game, mostly because I think it allows for more interaction between PC and environment.

Shavod;n10525622 said:
What do you mean by "identical avatars"? My is centered on JC's face, while Meccanical's has more background on the left. That's quite a difference!

Seriously though, when it comes to the matter of perspective, I on other hand definitely prefer first person over third in this type of game, mostly because I think it allows for more interaction between PC and environment.

Exactly, completely different!

And I have to agree, I prefer third person because I prefer to see my character in the world, not be my character in the world.

Guys is there any bit of information or gossip or your own opinion, how will combat look? i just wanna know if this is gonna be turn-based combat, like xcom or something like that. I would really be dissapointed if this kind of game would be turn based

Aedan2;n10690421 said:
Guys is there any bit of information or gossip or your own opinion, how will combat look? i just wanna know if this is gonna be turn-based combat, like xcom or something like that. I would really be dissapointed if this kind of game would be turn based

No current word on combat but the odds are heavily against that. They want player skill to matter, they said, and they are a real-time combat type company.

Some of us sure hope for a turn-based option, though. Very Cyberpunk 2020. No human can move like an enhanced cyborg, so real-time would mean either something like the over-used Bullet time or freeze time.

Here's one thread: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/cyberpunk/cyberpunk-2077-discussion/27224-combat-system

Sardukhar;n10693411 said:
No current word on combat but the odds are heavily against that. They want player skill to matter, they said, and they are a real-time combat type company.

Some of us sure hope for a turn-based option, though. Very Cyberpunk 2020. No human can move like an enhanced cyborg, so real-time would mean either something like the over-used Bullet time or freeze time.

Here's one thread: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/cyberpunk/cyberpunk-2077-discussion/27224-combat-system

i would buy game anyway, I would preorder it right now without knowing anything, because of CDPR, but turn based combat really kills imersion for me, if game stops and then everybody take their turn in attacking, only turn based I loved was Star Wars KOTOR I and II, actually, those two are in my top 5 games of all time :D

I'd bet 100% against turn-based.
I just hope (pray) there's a "pause" option, I really don't want a real-time FPS.

Aedan2;n10697671 said:
i would buy game anyway, I would preorder it right now without knowing anything, because of CDPR, but turn based combat really kills imersion for me, if game stops and then everybody take their turn in attacking, only turn based I loved was Star Wars KOTOR I and II, actually, those two are in my top 5 games of all time :D

And those are excellent choices.

Here goes nothing. Since I cannot find the forum page on this, I post this on here so the devs can see.

A member from your dev team asked what happens if you shoot someone 10 levels higher than you.

Well I personally think that it should be a kill shot, BUT what you could do is limit bullets, make bullets very rare , as to not be able to go around and single shot enemies that are way above your own level.
Instead of going in and killing enemies that are a higher level than you with lets say a sniper that has 100 bullets, you could perhaps make so that bullets, or sniper bullets are rare, and instead of 100 bullets you have 10? get it?
Personally Thought that this was a very good idea, what do you guys think?

PrivateRobot;n10700611 said:
Here goes nothing. Since I cannot find the forum page on this, I post this on here so the devs can see.

A member from your dev team asked what happens if you shoot someone 10 levels higher than you.

Well I personally think that it should be a kill shot, BUT what you could do is limit bullets, make bullets very rare , as to not be able to go around and single shot enemies that are way above your own level.
Instead of going in and killing enemies that are a higher level than you with lets say a sniper that has 100 bullets, you could perhaps make so that bullets, or sniper bullets are rare, and instead of 100 bullets you have 10? get it?
Personally Thought that this was a very good idea, what do you guys think?
Umm ...
It's America, in a city where EVERYONE is armed.
You go to your corner gun shop and buy bullets by the case (not box ... case).
Barring that you see your local Fixer (Black Market) and pay a bit more for the same case of bullets.

This ain't Max Max or Fallout where such things are hard to come by.

Top Bottom