(unofficial) Cyberpunk 2077 FAQ. Frequently Asked Quandaries.

+
Please take your time developing these games,there is no rush. Yes it's annoying for a video game to be delayed, it's all worth it by the end, perfection takes time. I am a huge fan of the Witcher games and I love the how you as the developers put a lot of time, effort and love into developing a video game. Cyberpunk 2077 especially sparked my interest. Reminded me a lot of Blade Runner, Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Deus Ex and other with those kind of futuristic, dystopian,cyberpunk, metropolis, noir settings. I am very interested what you will create in the world of Cyberpunk 2077 and how to expand on it. Please take as long as you wish in developing your games. An update on Cyberpunk 2077 would be nice as well.

It will be real exciting to finally see some more info on it. They have done an amazing job of keeping quiet! lets hope it delivers

It will be real exciting to finally see some more info on it. They have done an amazing job of keeping quiet! lets hope it delivers

I agree. It has been a very long time since a official posting from the devs. I'm not saying monthly postings, but even bi-annual updates would be nice.

It has been a very long time since a official posting from the devs. I'm not saying monthly postings, but even bi-annual updates would be nice.

They said they'll "start to talk about it" at the end of the year, still it's not even confirmed, so just don't get too much hyped at the moment, they'll say nothing more about it.
You can read the original Cyberpunk 2020 corebook, you'll have all the info you need about it (well, most of it)
We don't know anything about the game yep (gameplay and background wise), and they're not going to say anything about it for a while, we just know they're working on it.
From what we know the game will maybe be released in 2020 or who-knows when, they seems to work on something big (and it'll probably be, since fleshing a game as thick as Cyberpunk 2020 is a tough work), so just be patient, try to look at another game to make the time run faster, and we'll probably know a lil more by the end of the year (at best, maybe not), anyway, you can't do much at the moment, excepted for waiting.... as we all do now (or just try to launch a cyberpunk 2020 game with your friend, it's also a good way to have a preview of what you can expect from the game)

We just have to wait.

I agree. It has been a very long time since a official posting from the devs. I'm not saying monthly postings, but even bi-annual updates would be nice.

It's never been CDPR's style to do that kind of update. Even when they do start to talk about CP77, expect most of the news to come from press interviews, not forum posts from the devs.

Is 2077 the release date?

No model renders, no concept art, no news in a year. I hope this doesn't go vapourware. I'd love to see this game into fruition. Maybe even have an early release for like $20 to help beta test it.

No model renders, no concept art, no news in a year. I hope this doesn't go vapourware. I'd love to see this game into fruition. Maybe even have an early release for like $20 to help beta test it.

Hi, and welcome to the forums. If you look through other sections, you'll see many references to the fact that CDPR will not be releasing any info on CP77 until after The Witcher 3 is released in May.

(Also, sorry, but they don't do Early Release)

All I want to know is that the game will be third person. I am super excited for Cyberpunk but I will not play first person shooters, especially in RPGs. Whats the point of all that customization if you never get to see your character.

Not to mention first person games make me sick for some unknown reason :/

Hi, and welcome to the forums. If you look through other sections, you'll see many references to the fact that CDPR will not be releasing any info on CP77 until after The Witcher 3 is released in May.

(Also, sorry, but they don't do Early Release)

I will limit my crazy searching then :)))

the game engine for cp2077 is the same from the witcher 3? what' its name? RedEngine?
if the engine is the same, the system requirements could be similar?

the game engine for cp2077 is the same from the witcher 3? what' its name? RedEngine?
if the engine is the same, the system requirements could be similar?

The engine is the same, but by the time CP2077 comes out, it will be years later - and the engine will have been modified a lot.

After the release of tw3 will there be one year of dlc's/ support or two years? I've read somewhere that the team will concentrate on cp2077 after all dlc's for tw3 are done

After the release of tw3 will there be one year of dlc's/ support or two years? I've read somewhere that the team will concentrate on cp2077 after all dlc's for tw3 are done

Well. The plan was originally to release 16 DLCs for Witcher 3, one per week. So, four months. Free. After the last of those is out, they may talk about CP2077. Not before.

However, that was before the game release for W3 was pushed from Feb 23 to May 19. Whether this changes the DLC release plan or CP2077 chat-plans, is unknown by me.

Top Bottom