Unofficial Cyberpunk 2077 FAQ!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you need to buy your car when you can steal the first you see around?
And with any luck, unlike most games, the authorities won't ignore you in your stolen car after a couple minutes. Feel free to steal, and use one, just be aware "they do not forget, they do not forgive."

So going back to the character creator will it as detailed as something like sims 4 with how you make your character look also what can you do in the because this isnt 1312 where food is in little amount and people are straving this is the future where there is a fast food resturant around every corner food is a plenty full and people dont just eat food to get health but because they love to eat and with that people should look different maybe some people are buff because just drink protein shakes while other just each junk food and are chubb but that how the world is in the 21 century.

What are the benefits to romancing? Like, is it way for us to get a partner in crime, gain xp thru dialogue, boost perks, once in awhile reveals treasures for us to find in Night City, or to come home to for a nice hot dinner after a hard mission?

Does the dev team have it down to how much cyberware will alter the physical appearance of V? If said cyberware is supposed to be prominent, will it be noticeable whenever we get a chance to take a look at ourselves?

Does the dev team have it down to how much cyberware will alter the physical appearance of V? If said cyberware is supposed to be prominent, will it be noticeable whenever we get a chance to take a look at ourselves?
They said its too early to talk about it when I asked.

My guess is "no." I doubt you can get cyberarms and the like, as much as I want to. I'm sure smaller implants will be visible in some way.

I doubt you can get cyberarms and the like, as much as I want to. I'm sure smaller implants will be visible in some way.

I could be mistaken, but didn't the journalists talking about the demo mention (female) V having mantis blades in her arms and using them to wall-grab around? I doubt you could just fit those things into regular flesh and blood human arms.

Yeah mantis blades would definitely count as cyberware that have an effect on physical appearance (when they are out). Also I think one reviewer said the sub-dermal grip upgrade in the demo made the skin on the hand look slightly different. EDIT: Actually I think what I read may have been about the "holographic ammo counter" that appears once you install it - and it's not clear that was on the skin at all (in fact it's more likely part of the HUD). So disregard the second part of my first statement.

Last edited:
I should have been more clear.

I don't think we will be able to get DRASTIC changes to our appearances via cybernetics. The fact that CDPR is being so cagey about answering that question seems to point to that possibility for me.

They did the same thing when asked about flying cars. "We aren't sure yet..." and then a few days later (probably after they had time to come up with a good PR response), they said "you will see them, but not pilot them" or something along those lines.

So, I'm expecting something similar. They are going to wait until hype is high and more interest is gained, and then they will drop the bomb. No full-on chrome arms, that's my bet. As much as I want that. And I bet there's going to be some lore reason for it, too. "V cares too much about his/her appearance," "V wouldn't get that kind of cybernetic," etc.

Sure, the mantis blades look neat when they're out (And obviously they'll be in the game - not disputing that), but when they're sheathed? Not expecting anything more than small, barely noticeable indentations, if those are even visible to begin with.

I forgot to ask this when I posted before, but will the E3 trailer be released as an uncompressed (non-Youtube) 4k video by CDPR?

I should have been more clear.

I don't think we will be able to get DRASTIC changes to our appearances via cybernetics. The fact that CDPR is being so cagey about answering that question seems to point to that possibility for me.

They did the same thing when asked about flying cars. "We aren't sure yet..." and then a few days later (probably after they had time to come up with a good PR response), they said "you will see them, but not pilot them" or something along those lines.

So, I'm expecting something similar. They are going to wait until hype is high and more interest is gained, and then they will drop the bomb. No full-on chrome arms, that's my bet. As much as I want that. And I bet there's going to be some lore reason for it, too. "V cares too much about his/her appearance," "V wouldn't get that kind of cybernetic," etc.

Sure, the mantis blades look neat when they're out (And obviously they'll be in the game - not disputing that), but when they're sheathed? Not expecting anything more than small, barely noticeable indentations, if those are even visible to begin with.
I love the option of super obvious cyberware, but there are very few pieces in the trailer that aren't at least partially covered & how the cyberware frame-by-frame made a point to specifically point out RealSkinn to cover implants, I wouldn't be surprised if the appearance changes are downplayed.

If they do I'm curious what explanation they'll use, if I had to come up with one I'd say that there is some scientific claim that obvious cyberware is more damaging to the owner's psyche/identification as human, so all other things considered equal, the person with the RealSkinn limbs is less likely to go psycho than the person with chromed ones. I like this one because if we had elective cyberware some psychologist is going to make this claim with or without cyberpsychosis being a thing, a prominent enough shrink could get restrictions enacted or at least create the pressure necessary for the corporations to volunteer compliance before anything got on the books (ESRB), and you can believably have most people believe this as proven fact while not ever actually needing it to be true. It could just be pseudo-scientific opinion of a couple doctors, maybe its a cover to restrict the sale of heavy-duty augments which can't effectively be masked without having to make what amounts to a gun control argument, it could be legit, endless opportunities.

Just watched the 48min gameplay demo. Looks amazing, really impressed, so props to the team for the amazing work!

What couldn't figure out was if V's body is visible when you look around?
I can get behind the FPV, but it really breaks immersion when you are just a floating head, when I look down, it makes sense I can see myself..

Can anyone at CDPR confirm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom