Unofficial Cyberpunk 2077 FAQ!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since everybody was so hyped with borderlands 3 + people telling me "it's not only about looting" I made the mistake of buying borderlands 2 + pre-sequel. Worst money spent for a videogame ever together with AC origins (bought almost only for ancient egypt though). I don't even like that kind of humor, not since I turned 16 ages ago, at least.
Yeah. My SO loves the games and has tried to get me to play them in coop on several occasions. Just not my thing. I don't think they're bad, but I do find them very boring. Also, glad to hear I'm not the only one who experienced buyers remorse after getting Origins.

I am with you guys on AC , i bought a pack i think it had the first couple of games . I played a very short time hated it and still have the other games in their wrap in the cupboard ( can`t give them away LOL ) . I don`t know what it says about me but i bought Borderlands 2 for 18 bucks second hand and enjoyed it .

I am with you guys on AC , i bought a pack i think it had the first couple of games . I played a very short time hated it and still have the other games in their wrap in the cupboard ( can`t give them away LOL ) . I don`t know what it says about me but i bought Borderlands 2 for 18 bucks second hand and enjoyed it .
Doesn't say anything! Borderlands 2 is a good game. I didn't enjoy it much, but I can recognize that it was well-made, has a sense of humor that apparently appeals to many, etc.

And, for $18 bucks, it's REALLY hard to go wrong. Even if you decided the game was mediocre, if you got at least a few days of entertainment out of it, I'd say that's pretty good value. I've paid more than that to see some truly awful movies (snacks and drinks and such).

I'm hoping bullets. I really don't want this to become Borderlands. "L3G3ND@RY Fire Rifle of Magical Shooty Fun."
I think it might depend on the weapon type. Energy weapons for electrical damage, microwave weapons for heat damage, etc.

Yeah. My SO loves the games and has tried to get me to play them in coop on several occasions. Just not my thing. I don't think they're bad, but I do find them very boring. Also, glad to hear I'm not the only one who experienced buyers remorse after getting Origins.
never tried borderlands in coop, but I've had a lot of fun playing split-screen multiplayer with friends even with call of duty (a game I'd never played alone) during university years.

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...s-the-most-boring-rpg.10995940/#post-11342323
The first few AC were good games when they were released 10ish years ago. I agree that borderlands 2 is a good game and B3 looks very improved in shooting (I like FPS with powerslides and fancy stuff, I admit, that's why I loved CP demo's gameplay), it's just compulsive looting and that specific type of humor that destroy my experience. :shrug:

I remember in the past CDPR saying that CP2077 will be bigger and longer than TW3. Of course things change in game development, as we all know.

What do the latest infos say on this? And how old are these infos?

I remember in the past CDPR saying that CP2077 will be bigger and longer than TW3. Of course things change in game development, as we all know.

The info in the FAQ is up to date. A few things will be updated later today, but it's more like additions, not changes.

The Witcher 3 supports to capture 360° screenshots also viewable on VR headset. It's realised by using Nvidia Ansel. Any plans for Cyberpunk 2077?

The Witcher 3 supports to capture 360° screenshots also viewable on VR headset. It's realised by using Nvidia Ansel. Any plans for Cyberpunk 2077?
We've heard officially that "there are no plans for VR support currently." We've also heard officially that they planned to include a photomode (at least as of last year). That doesn't answer your question directly, but it's the best I can do.

Also, another question. The game is not described as an RPG on the GoG store page or the Steam store page.

Is this intentional, or an oversight? I have less interest in an "open-world, action-adventure story" than I do in an open-world RPG.

Perhaps it's just semantics. But I'm scrutinizing everything at this stage.

Thanks for hosting this QNA. nice read. now my turn..

is this "samurai " changable?

There will be deep character customization. You will not need to (or even want to, probably) wear that jacket the entire game.

But it's doubtful that you'll be able to change the text itself.

Our mod says: 200 hrs of playtime by TW standards
Considering we're looking at a potentially 200+ hour game(by TW3 standards) and fact that Keanu will most probably be engaged just in the main story arc, I'd say there will be plenty of time without him. So I'm not too worried about this "Keanu fatigue" syndrome :)

The game is not described as an RPG on the GoG store page
Under genre it still is:
RPG.jpg

ALSO: We have an answer to my question from back around E3.

"Can you get visually-different cyberware? I.E. Chrome arms/legs?"

The answer, ladies and gentlemen, is yes, you can.
chrome arms 1.jpg

chrome arms 2.jpg

chrome arms 3.jpg

At first, I only saw the last image, and assumed that that's just how you look when you go into the net (your body becomes all cyber-ized), but now I don't think that's the case! It's an actual aug you can get!

So excited! Woo! I hope you can customize the color and not just have it be red.

Jesus, CDPR is nuts. How are you going to combine different cyberware together?

ALSO: We have an answer to my question from back around E3.

"Can you get visually-different cyberware? I.E. Chrome arms/legs?"

The answer, ladies and gentlemen, is yes, you can.
View attachment 11002870

View attachment 11002873

View attachment 11002876
At first, I only saw the last image, and assumed that that's just how you look when you go into the net (your body becomes all cyber-ized), but now I don't think that's the case! It's an actual aug you can get!

So excited! Woo! I hope you can customize the color and not just have it be red.

Jesus, CDPR is nuts. How are you going to combine different cyberware together?

I'm gonna create an ironman from this game!

I'm hoping a dev will answer. I'm a little worried because they said a lot has changed since the 2018 demo and the website describes the game as "an open-world, action-adventure story set in Night City."

Updated FAQ (it's now in first two posts) with a few more tidbits we've heard one place or another. Will continue to update if we learn more this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom