Unofficial Cyberpunk 2077 FAQ!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask why they chose that statue in particular? I thought they'd go with something more cyberpunk-y

Looking good. The picture is getting clearer by the day now!

I wonder what more surprises do they have in store for us. :ohstopit:

I think that telling it would be a big spoiler - it's best if you find out for yourself when you play the game :)
Jackie's such an important character to me (and one of my friends) because he's been V's only companion for so long (and he's the coolest!). We've talked about him and his involvement endlessly since his reveal:cry:don't judge me

I think that telling it would be a big spoiler - it's best if you find out for yourself when you play the game :)
Forgive me, Vattier, I love you to death, but it seems like it's already been spoiled. By you guys, actually, in the cinematic trailer.

I'm still a bit sad that CDPR ruined the surprise -- even if it is a choice, I would have liked to feel that emotional impact for myself, and not have it taken away 10 months before the game's even out.

Forgive me, Vattier, I love you to death, but it seems like it's already been spoiled. By you guys, actually, in the cinematic trailer.

I'm still a bit sad that CDPR ruined the surprise -- even if it is a choice, I would have liked to feel that emotional impact for myself, and not have it taken away 10 months before the game's even out.

Yess I agree. It makes me believe he's only in the game for the first hour or so. V's really naive and bubbly (I bet you can romance him as male or female or he'll be your best bro forever) then he DIES and V's all angry and jaded afterwards. If that's the case then woah! Why did you guys reveal this? :sad:

Erm guys, this is a game all about that certain chip that is supposed to be the key to immortality... and Johnny Silverhand also returned from the dead, so to speak.

As such, I wouldn't take any trailer's portrayed deaths at face value... I think a very central pillar of the game will be that the traditional meaning of death isn't quite so relevant anymore.

Erm guys, this is a game all about that certain chip that is supposed to be the key to immortality... and Johnny Silverhand also returned from the dead, so to speak.

As such, I wouldn't take any trailer's portrayed deaths at face value... I think a very central pillar of the game will be that the traditional meaning of death isn't quite so relevant anymore.

Which you spend the whole game chasing. If you're implying you aren't going to permanently lose friends in this game, I'll say you're a bit naiive.

I think, if it's a determined choice, Jackie is dead-dead. Permanently. If this immortality chip is really a thing, my guess is it only works for those who are still alive, not those who have been dead for weeks/months/years.

Read the IGN transcript of the new Gameplay Demo, if you don't mind being spoiled... I sadly was, and thus I know at least part of your logic is flawed -- in the interest of not force-spoiling anyone else, I will however not comment on which part exactly, as that would automatically involve the major spoiler.

Also, semi-related:
I hate the IGN moron who posted massive story spoilers without any warning or markup in that article... I hate them with a passion.

Oh dang! I'm glad I didn't read it lol

Yeah, you really should be... they literally posted massive spoilers of the mid-section of the game, i.e. pretty far advanced into the story, right at the start of the article.

Basically "Hey we saw gameplay and THAT'S THE MAJOR PLOT TWIST IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME"...

Makes me wonder why CDPR chose to show it then... Hmm

Or rather why they chose to show it without any NDA attached to it... I'm really pissed that IGN pulled this crap, this put a serious dampener on my hype for 2077... I'll still play the game, sure, but knowing such a major detail already... that takes a hell of a lot of tension and immersion out of the first part of the game until this specific thing has taken place.

And that's a really, really shitty thing to do, on IGN's part.

Read the IGN transcript of the new Gameplay Demo, if you don't mind being spoiled... I sadly was, and thus I know at least part of your logic is flawed -- in the interest of not force-spoiling anyone else, I will however not comment on which part exactly, as that would automatically involve the major spoiler.

Also, semi-related:
I hate the IGN moron who posted massive story spoilers without any warning or markup in that article... I hate them with a passion.
I know what you're referring to, and I also know it only affects the player, not NPCs. So again, if Jackie is dead, he's dead-dead.

Don`t forget that all the stuff CDPR show us in TW3 never made it into the game . It seems like they have given us huge spoilers unless like TW3 they have given us nothing really .:shrug:

^This.

I don't think CDPR are that new in the business of making video games or great story's as to overlook the potential spoilers of their demo. It will after all be shown publicly eventually.

If it somehow turns out to be true though, there's still plenty of time to adress that particular story bit.

The Witcher 3 demo's were pretty beefy but calling them spoilers is a bit too much, I think that applies to Cp2077 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom