Unofficial Cyberpunk 2077 FAQ!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Johny Silverhand ghost appear only if he is chosen as a "childhood hero" during character creation and if some other hero is chosen - the ghost of that hero gonna appear throughout the game? For instance if I choose Morgan Blackhand during character creation - would he replace Johny Silverhand ghost?

Would Johny Silverhand ghost appear only if he is chosen as a "childhood hero" during character creation and if some other hero is chosen - the ghost of that hero gonna appear throughout the game? For instance if I choose Morgan Blackhand during character creation - would he replace Johny Silverhand ghost?
That is a very good question I'd like to know the answer to that too.

Also if the other childhood heroes are still an option or if it's totally gone.

I sincerely doubt it. There is a in lore explanation in CP2020 of how Johnny Silverhand ended up where he is. However, I would bet the choice of you childhood hero would offer very differing dialogue with Johnny, since he has a history with Arasaka and Blackhand.

Guest 3880364

Did I read the preorder wrong or is Cyberpunk 2077, who is begging to be an MMO, a single player game?

Yes, it's single-player. That's CDPR's strong suit.
Thank god for that.

Dumping some answers here from the Tumblr Q&A.
  • What minigames will be available? At least car racing and boxing, but there's probably more.
  • How crazy can you go with Cyberware? Almost full body conversion, but not quite as far as Maelstrom. You can replace your arms, your legs, your hands, your spine, and many other components.
  • Can you use the spiderbot from the 48 min demo? Yes. He's called the flathead, and Techies can unlock the ability to steer him around and use him to interact with the environment, and even unlock new paths through missions and such.
  • Will there be sniper rifles or DMRs, and will there be opportunities to use the range and precision of them? Yes, there will be sniper rifles. CDPR puts guns into one of three categories: tech rifles, which have super powerful impact, smart guns which are auto tracking/aiming, and power weapons which can be charged up.
  • Will there be non-combat augs? Yes. For example, the translation chip that was first discussed back in 2012 is in game, and you can upgrade it over time to understand more languages and translate them in real time. It translates languages into the language of your choice. All augs are grounded believably into the world, so Kiroshi eye implants give you more UI elements and such.
  • Is the game still first and foremost an RPG with character progression, customization, crafting, and loot? Yes. Character customization, living life inside night city, story-focused game, Witcher-type narration (in terms of quality). Didn't discuss loot, crafting, or progression. Focused mostly on storytelling.
  • How different and unique can our characters be from a role-playing perspective? Will there be a morality system? Factions? Jobs or roles? Multiple endings? And how much can we affect the world state? Characters' backgrounds differ due to Lifepath system. Will encounter many times in the world where your background can be used to your advantage. Corpo background helps you talk to corporate agents, street kid lifepath helps you talk to gangs, etc. Many different choices in quests, you'll have no idea if a decision is big or small in impact. Toward the game finale, your game will look nothing like your friend's. Many layers of decisions that help players feel unique. Endings similar to TW3, many variants.
Side note: Cool stat affects your accuracy in combat, the way your crosshair behaves and such.
Another side note: You can install a small cannon in your arm/hand (not sure which).
Can OWN (not just drive) multiple cars/bikes.

Last edited:
This game is going to amazing :cool:! I don't think I've been as excited for a game as I am with Cyberpunk (except with The Witcher 3, lol.)

What minigames will be available? At least car racing and boxing, but there's probably more.
These sort of minigames I have absolutely zero problems with.
But recent articles have also mentioned hacking is a minigame, that I do.

How crazy can you go with Cyberware? Almost full body conversion, but not quite as far as Maelstrom. You can replace your arms, your legs, your hands, your spine, and many other components.
One also assumes Skinweave and/or body plating. And we know at least one eye.

This isn't to far from a full conversion. I see why CDPR decided not to permit the players character to succumb to cyberpsychosis. FAR to many players wouldn't realize your stats (Not EMP apparently since it's not in the game) determine the maximum amount of cyberware you can have and would min/max stats (for combat) expecting to also be able to borg out.

Is the game still first and foremost an RPG with character progression, customization, crafting, and loot? Yes. Character customization, living life inside night city, story-focused game, Witcher-type narration (in terms of quality). Didn't discuss loot, crafting, or progression. Focused mostly on storytelling.
With standard FPS combat where your characters stats/skills are a minor factor at best.

Here CDPR and I will just have to agree to disagree.

These sort of minigames I have absolutely zero problems with.
But recent articles have also mentioned hacking is a minigame, that I do.

One also assumes Skinweave and/or body plating. And we know at least one eye.

This isn't to far from a full conversion. I see why CDPR decided not to permit the players character to succumb to cyberpsychosis. FAR to many players wouldn't realize your stats (Not EMP apparently since it's not in the game) determine the maximum amount of cyberware you can have and would min/max stats (for combat) expecting to also be able to borg out.

With standard FPS combat where your characters stats/skills are a minor factor at best.

Here CDPR and I will just have to agree to disagree.
They did mention that your Cool stat will impact accuracy, which was a neat idea, as they are trying to represent how cool you are under pressure (which, IIRC, what one of the main functions of Cool in the PnP as well).

I am curious if you would still play the game without full RPG combat.

I am curious if you would still play the game without full RPG combat.
It's a matter of "can" not "will".
Without getting into details it's essentially impossible for me to play platformer, shooter, or QTE games.

So until I see actual in-game footage of CP2077 being played I won't be buying it, because I don't even know if I can play it.

Last edited:
It's a matter of "can" not "will".
Without getting into details it's essentially impossible for me to play platformer, shooter, or QTE games.

So until I see actual in-game footage of CP2077 being played I won't be buying it, because I don't even know if I can play it.
Yeah, you've mentioned that a few times some time ago. Well, smart guns do seem like one option, though not ideal obviously in terms of weapon variety (I believe there will be more types than just smart SMGs, however).

Well, smart guns do seem like one option, though not ideal obviously in terms of weapon variety (I believe there will be more types than just smart SMGs, however).
An option certainty. But so far they seem to consist of "point in the general direction of your target and they die". A tad anti-climatic.

Given that's how smartguns seem to work is there any reason to even bother with skills? How do you deal with the "Boss Fights" when you apparently have no control over what you hit, i.e. the magic mcguffin that makes them vulnerable?

Last edited:
Vattier has just confirmed that the polish Collector's Edition, available via the CDPR/Cyberpunk 2077 website online store, will indeed be fully localised in polish, so that at the very least means the World Compendium, likely parts of the Artbook as well, etc.

Just as a headsup to anyone considering going that route, you'll not get the international english version.

Last edited:
So I know that minigames like car racing and boxing have been confirmed, and I’m really excited for all of those. Really excited.

But here’s my question: Will there be minigames or activities that slow down the pace and offer a break from high tension situations?

Gwent did this perfectly in the Witcher 3 (the other Witchers had similar games). NOTE: I’m not pushing for a Gwent equivalent card game. Will there be something like gambling, poker (RDR2’s poker achieved a similar pacing/break effect), arcade-esque video games within the overall game (Fallout 4 did this well), or even just side activities that aren’t fast paced (take Fallout 4’s base decorating for instance).

Car racing and boxing are awesome. I’ll spend hours on those. Shooting range and hacking? Sign me up. But what about when I want to kick back after a long day of getting my stabby stab on with my mantis blades? Racing is fast paced. Boxing is combat still, just with lower stakes and a bit lighter, competitive tone.

I’m looking for something that will mitigate combat or adrenaline-rush-like burnout. I’m looking for something that V can do in their spare time that makes them more relatable as a character, since even Geralt of Rivia needed a break now and then to do something peaceful.

I don’t need specifics that would spoil CDPR surprises, and I have 100% confidence that you all have already whipped up and implemented exactly what I’m talking about. I just want confirmation that something like that DOES exist, since I haven’t run across that question in interviews yet.

Again, I’m not asking, “Will there be a cardgame like Gwent.” I’m just asking about chill activities to balance out the fast-paced stuff.

Thanks for your time, and sorry about the mini novel this post turned into, or if someone already asked this and I just missed the question.

TL;DR: Will there be chill games or side-activities to balance out the faster-paced ones like racing/boxing?

But here’s my question: Will there be minigames or activities that slow down the pace and offer a break from high tension situations?
Yes. But they dd not go into details on those. Go to https://cyberpunkgame.tumblr.com/ . Click on video that responds to the question “Will there be mini-games or other types of activities to immerse yourself in Night City?” The ones listed in the FAQ plus "target practice" were the ones they mentioned, but they implied there were also things we could do when we want to relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom