Unofficial Cyberpunk 2077 FAQ!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear CDPR,

Is this gonna be in the game?

I think it's good that whole thing with heroes and reasons to be in that city has been removed, it's like well, to naturally make this not just cosmetics, but actually make this worthy to influence on main story and side quests, you must make a whole lot of dialogs/voice acting and etc., and I don't wanna see some cosmetcis pretending to be storytelling like in DA(2 and 3) or ME 2-3 (pls don't hate) tastes differs)), when your "choises" mean something. (right, bioware and your whole WItch Hunt and Morrigan's child thing?))

Uh, maybe I am totally oblivious here, but do we have a reason WHY the childhood heroes got scrapped?

Too narrow or opaque to non-PnP-ers? Too era-specific? Barely a part of the PnP : 1 of 10 choices on Person You Value Most is "a public figure", the others are parent, sibling, Teacher, etc and that's one of 5 parts of your Motivations. So, barely a blip on character creation.

Whereas your background Street Kid, Corp, etc could contain a whole slew of events from your lifepath and motivations.

Wasn't a huge fan of the Childhood Heroes thing. Didn't really seem very Cyberpunk to me.

Dear CDPR,

Is this gonna be in the game?

In one recent interview Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz, I think, said that Exotics will appear in the game, though they will be pretty rare.

Uh, maybe I am totally oblivious here, but do we have a reason WHY the childhood heroes got scrapped?
It seems like Street Kid, Nomad and Ex-Corp covers similar bases as Johnny Silverhand, Morgan Blackhand and Saburo Arasaka, so if I have to guess those three choices (Childhood Hero, Key Life Event and Why Night City) we saw in the previous demo were merged into one to make them more impactful and to potentially incorporate some of the other roles from CP2020, at least partially, into our character (with Street Kid being fairly similar to fixer, a guy who knows street very well and the right people who live there).

Whereas your background Street Kid, Corp, etc could contain a whole slew of events from your lifepath and motivations.

Just hope the game, whitout having to spoil anything, will make it clear on what it affects.
For example, if street kid is about the possibility to be friendlier with gangs then it's not what I though about it.
If it affect "how" your character speak, then it's super important and will color the whole game, so we should know.
Etc...

This is about language and localization.
Currently I'm a foreigner living in Poland and I still don't get a handle into polish and I found out that many titles comes in only polish (or another slovak language) but not in english. This is usually just a pain in the ass when browsing webpages (like MSFT, HP, Dell, etc etc etc), or at games, which I end up paying extra for a disc import from the UK. I wanna get my hands into the deluxe version but is holding me down the fact that it may come in only polish. I own a Xbone and PS4, I found such issues in both of them.
Would the game will come with some localization-language restriction? I love the time that games came in all languages and it just take as default the one on your console.

Bit of a clarification in this:

Apparently side mission don't (generally) award you with XP, only Streetcred. Nice solution to people out-leveling content by doing side missions. Streetcred unlocks new gear (from vendors) so you still gain some advantage from doing the side missions, but not as overwhelming as levels would be.

Apparently side mission don't (generally) award you with XP, only Streetcred. Nice solution to people out-leveling content by doing side missions. Streetcred unlocks new gear (from vendors) so you still gain some advantage from doing the side missions, but not as overwhelming as levels would be.

Well, a better solution would have be no level at all, that will just change the order in with people do things, plus that makes no sense imho, it's as if your character wouldn't learn anything from side missions (cause no XP).

That is actually quite a clever idea. I believe this was confirmed quite some time ago (before this year's E3) but it flew under everyone's radar. Now that we have other context regarding the game's RPG systems, it's more interesting.

I believe this was confirmed quite some time ago (before this year's E3) but it flew under everyone's radar. Now that we have other context regarding the game's RPG systems, it's more interesting.
As I recall we knew there was "Streetcred", we thought there was probably going to be a leveling system (even tho CP2020 doesn't use one), but we didn't know side missions were "Streetcred" only. We all assumed you'd get both XP and cred.

As I recall we knew there was "Streetcred", we thought there was probably going to be a leveling system (even tho CP2020 doesn't use one), but we didn't know side missions were "Streetcred" only. We all assumed you'd get both XP and cred.
Kyle Rowley said in his gamespot interview last year that main quests give you XP and sidequests give you street cred IIRC.

Kyle Rowley said in his gamespot interview last year that main quests give you XP and sidequests give you street cred IIRC.

If this works right, it seem like a very clever solution to the imbalance of gear and leveling we experienced in TW3.

i really like the idea of the CODEX the guy mentioned, i'd totally read in on that. normally i gloss over those entries, like i did in witcher, but i think it'll be a nice touch onto the cyberpunk 2077 world.

something i'm hoping is that they integrate that codex/lore into more than a background but actually like ties characters to part of the history behind Cyberpunk 2077 and even (if done right) make some gear and weapons have ties to cyberpunk 2077 lore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom