Unofficial Cyberpunk 2077 FAQ!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch, I dunno why my boy Jackie gets so much hate :sad:I'm sure NPC's can live or die depending on the choices you make. I remember a dev saying there's no party system. Your main companion will always be Johnny after the prologue.
There is no party system but there are a number of companions for missions. This quote below is from last summer in an interview here on the forums -

You once said that there could be times where a companion does or does not join V depending on player choices. What’s it like designing quests that have companions optionally along for the ride?

It essentially means having to implement a good chunk of this quest two times, because we of course want to have a very different experience if you have someone with you. They will take part in dialogues and the whole story can go into a different direction if they’re there or not. So in some ways it can feel like playing a completely new quest.

At the end of the day it’s a lot of work, but it’s also one of the best feelings when you can make a quest that can be so different for the people playing it. So yes, it’s hard to do, but it’s absolutely worth it!

Hi, CD Projekt Red,

I was watching gameplay and I realize there are fewer cars on the streets during the night as wells as day time. Is it something that can be changed in the game (like in the settings menu) or is it just for the early build and in the retail version it will be densely packed? As it is night city it should have some traffic at night also.....just wondering..also the street boxing animation looks a little off are you guys working on that too...I am mostly referring to this gameplay
Sincerely,
huge fan

Afaik Johnny is less of a companion and more of a microsoft office assistant...
Now I'm just picturing this in front of Johnny's face when he's lagging or needs an update :ROFLMAO:

index.gif

What about the interaction with the enviroment? I mean the physics, destruction, particles etc. I don´t see too much of that in the last videos :/

Is CP2077 PC version Win10 only?
We don't know. If I had to guess I would say it wont be Windows 7 at least, since it wont be supported by microsooft anymore with security patches and updates after Jan. 14 2020 (which is before CP2077 release). Windows 8 and 10 are still being supported ... so they're both still potentially on the table. That's all just a guess though. Nothing official has been said.

Good on ya, mates.
➤ PCGH: You've opted to use Direct X 12 Ultimate. Will there be a fallback so gamers who are still running Win 7/8.x can also play? Was there a decision between the lower-level APIs DirectX 12 and Vulkan, and if so, why did you pick DX12?
Marcin Gollent: Thanks to the introduction of DX12 support for Windows 7 SP1 that Microsoft introduced last year, the game will run on this system. We do, and will continue to, test Cyberpunk 2077 on Windows 7 in an attempt to iron out any edge-cases that might arise. Unfortunately, Windows 8 didn't receive its variant of DX12 libraries.

:smart:

Dear CDProjektRed,
Will we be able to create characters in the character creator that have both genitals? like regardless of body type, the player is able to select both at the same time, and they are placed one behind the other, and not overlapping, essentially male parts more to the front like they tend to normally be in anatomy, and female parts lower down and a little bit further back, also as anatomy tends to be, so that essentially, everything is resting where it would normally be. I just really want to be able to create a character that allows me to select both. Not just one or the other.

Will we be able to eventually enable an option at the start of New Game + that enables NPC's that previously were unable to avoid auto-rejecting players because of hard-coded preferences, to be able to give players a chance at dating where as they previously wouldn't be able to? For example, NPC's do not change their preferences, but simply like V so much that they are willing to make a rare exception and fall in love with V anyways?

The reason I am desperate for an option like this is that I know I will always make a V character that is true to me, but since I will always passionately create a character that makes me happy, my V will probably always be a certain way, meaning that there may be NPC's that will always 100% be guaranteed to never want to date my V character, thus, permanently locking me out of content. If I make a V character for the unique and sole purpose and goal of dating a character, then my V character will not be true to me, and I will lose all immersion in the game, even If I am able to date the NPC that I was unable to date before, since then the NPC will be special, but then I wont be special, so creating a different character to reach a goal is not a solution for me, and feels shallow and hollow and soulless.

I want to be who I want to be in-game, but I also want to date who I want to date. I'm so scared I'm going to fall in love with an NPC in Cyberpunk2077 but then I will realize that they will never ever love me back unless I start a new game and create someone who I am not, someone fake that makes me feel dishonest towards myself. It's a single player game and my experience in the single player game can not affect anyone else, even if they don't like the choices I will make, and will not know the choices I make. I want to have the freedom to play my single player game in the privacy of my own home without feeling chained down by other peoples issues with my dreams for how I want to play. I fully intend to play my first playthough the proper and normal way (the way CDPR intended), but when I start New Game + I really want to enable an option that removes dating limitations so that I can fall in love with the NPC who is actually really special to me.

I know I might not really get an answer to these questions and feedback, but I really ask you CDPR to please take this into consideration. I would really appreciate it a lot. Thank you for reading my questions and feedback, and have a very nice day, and thank you for making an awesome game: Cyberpunk2077!

Message to the users of the cyberpunk2077 community forums: (Not speaking to moderators because I know that's not allowed, so I will respect that by only addressing forum users)
Forgive me if it appears as if I am reposting this question, but my post seems to have vanished off of the face of the earth. I am 99% sure I posted this question for CDPR here, but after searching for it and going several pages back until I was confident that there is no way I could have posted it that far back in time. I didn't get any notifications, so I'm sure it must have been a website glitch that erased my post, so I painstakingly re-wrote my entire post, and I posted it with more care to prevent it being accidentally glitch-erased again somehow. This time I posted this in this thread, and only one other thread which are almost completely identical threads, and 100% relevant for me to ask this question in, so please my forum friends, do not think I am spamming, because I would never spam. I am just trying to prevent my post from being erased by a glitch again, because it's extremely painful that my post I worked so hard to write is gone because of glitches/bugs. Thank you for understanding, and have a very nice day. :D

Last edited:
Dear CDProjektRed,
Will we be able to create characters in the character creator that have both genitals? like regardless of body type, the player is able to select both at the same time, and they are placed one behind the other, and not overlapping, essentially male parts more to the front like they tend to normally be in anatomy, and female parts lower down and a little bit further back, also as anatomy tends to be, so that essentially, everything is resting where it would normally be. I just really want to be able to create a character that allows me to select both. Not just one or the other.

Will we be able to eventually enable an option at the start of New Game + that enables NPC's that previously were unable to avoid auto-rejecting players because of hard-coded preferences, to be able to give players a chance at dating where as they previously wouldn't be able to? For example, NPC's do not change their preferences, but simply like V so much that they are willing to make a rare exception and fall in love with V anyways?

The reason I am desperate for an option like this is that I know I will always make a V character that is true to me, but since I will always passionately create a character that makes me happy, my V will probably always be a certain way, meaning that there may be NPC's that will always 100% be guaranteed to never want to date my V character, thus, permanently locking me out of content. If I make a V character for the unique and sole purpose and goal of dating a character, then my V character will not be true to me, and I will lose all immersion in the game, even If I am able to date the NPC that I was unable to date before, since then the NPC will be special, but then I wont be special, so creating a different character to reach a goal is not a solution for me, and feels shallow and hollow and soulless.

I want to be who I want to be in-game, but I also want to date who I want to date. I'm so scared I'm going to fall in love with an NPC in Cyberpunk2077 but then I will realize that they will never ever love me back unless I start a new game and create someone who I am not, someone fake that makes me feel dishonest towards myself. It's a single player game and my experience in the single player game can not affect anyone else, even if they don't like the choices I will make, and will not know the choices I make. I want to have the freedom to play my single player game in the privacy of my own home without feeling chained down by other peoples issues with my dreams for how I want to play. I fully intend to play my first playthough the proper and normal way (the way CDPR intended), but when I start New Game + I really want to enable an option that removes dating limitations so that I can fall in love with the NPC who is actually really special to me.

I know I might not really get an answer to these questions and feedback, but I really ask you CDPR to please take this into consideration. I would really appreciate it a lot. Thank you for reading my questions and feedback, and have a very nice day, and thank you for making an awesome game: Cyberpunk2077!

Message to the users of the cyberpunk2077 community forums: (Not speaking to moderators because I know that's not allowed, so I will respect that by only addressing forum users)
Forgive me if it appears as if I am reposting this question, but my post seems to have vanished off of the face of the earth. I am 99% sure I posted this question for CDPR here, but after searching for it and going several pages back until I was confident that there is no way I could have posted it that far back in time. I didn't get any notifications, so I'm sure it must have been a website glitch that erased my post, so I painstakingly re-wrote my entire post, and I posted it with more care to prevent it being accidentally glitch-erased again somehow. This time I posted this in this thread, and only one other thread which are almost completely identical threads, and 100% relevant for me to ask this question in, so please my forum friends, do not think I am spamming, because I would never spam. I am just trying to prevent my post from being erased by a glitch again, because it's extremely painful that my post I worked so hard to write is gone because of glitches/bugs. Thank you for understanding, and have a very nice day. :D
Holy hell, that'd take up the entire Night City Wire episode to answer! Hope you get at least some of that answered, been thinking about some of those, too.

Forgive me if it appears as if I am reposting this question, but my post seems to have vanished off of the face of the earth.

This one?

Holy hell, that'd take up the entire Night City Wire episode to answer! Hope you get at least some of that answered, been thinking about some of those, too.
I know that I say a lot in the question, but it's actually very simple:
1. Can I just date who I actually love, no limitations
2. Can I just make my character the way I want, no limitations
If I can get a simple yes to these questions, as in "yes you can date whoever you want with no limitations if you enable that settings" and "yes you can have both genitals on the same character at the same time" then I will be very satisfied and be very very happy. :)

All of the extra information is just to prevent misunderstandings, and to provide a general idea of what I mean, and why. what and why are very important. If I don't make this effort to explain in such great detail, often times my words I actually said will be ignored, and words I didn't ever say will get attention, which can be sad. Things are often very simple to begin with, but often made more complicated after. I don't say anything bad or good about anyone though. everyone is just trying their best.
Post automatically merged:

This one?

Thank you for your help :)
But unfortunately no, I'm sorry. That was a discussion thread I made a while back, and I had referenced it/linked it/mentioned it in what I believe is this thread, or another extremely similar thread a short time ago, I think only a few days. I used the search function and I never found that post again. It contained everything that my new post mentions, and I remember that I colored the words like this
Cyberpunk2077 because I wanted CDProjektRed to be happy that I made it themed lol. But unfortunately that post seems to be totally gone, but It's okay now I guess, as long as the new ones don't disappear too, I would be so sad then. :giveup:

but again, thank you for trying to help me :)(y)

After finishing the story mode and I know this game is a RPG in the free roam world we will be able to for example punch NPC or any people, fight with people on the áreas ?

Beisdes the NPCs the game will have citizens walking around the districts or only Standing NPCs that stay in the same place ?

Beisdes the NPCs the game will have citizens walking around the districts or only Standing NPCs that stay in the same place ?
1594784350453.png

Yes the NPCs walk around.
After finishing the story mode and I know this game is a RPG in the free roam world we will be able to for example punch NPC or any people, fight with people on the áreas ?
We don't know much about post main-quest content ... but it has been said you can cause a fair bit of mayhem on the streets. NCDP may not like that though.

There appears to be a ton of side content, and happen stance (police/gang battles, other things spontaneously happening, etc.) But if you go around attacking people first you will piss off the police or gangs (depending where you are) and if you go on a gtav type rampage the police will treat you like a cyberpsycho and will shoot to kill with heavy weapons squads.

I have seen a gameplay recently of a melee fight where you fight twins (esquerdo and certo) and I was a bit upset about it the reactions were unnatural and late the landed punches were unreal, I know it is a RPG but will they focus on the fist combat??? I ask this because a lot of people like the melee in games so I want to know if this is something they are going to improve or make it better.
PS: I know the game is still in work but I wante to know specific about the melee fight. Thanks!

Speaking of the " Twin Fight " will the twins be female if you play as Female V ? I can`t find the pic anywhere but i remember seeing a fight poster with 2 girls as the combatants .

I have seen a gameplay recently of a melee fight where you fight twins (esquerdo and certo) and I was a bit upset about it the reactions were unnatural and late the landed punches were unreal, I know it is a RPG but will they focus on the fist combat???

It looked pretty same kind of melee as most video games have. The only game where I've seen better animations was RDR2, but that doesn't equate to more in-depth combat, just better-looking.

i think some of the most interesting content about CP2077 once it releases will be comparing the animations of early playstyles to late-stage playstyles. early unarmed melee v endgame unarmed melee. i genuinely think there will be a noticeable difference.

i think some of the most interesting content about CP2077 once it releases will be comparing the animations of early playstyles to late-stage playstyles. early unarmed melee v endgame unarmed melee. i genuinely think there will be a noticeable difference.
that the melee combat was scene was a very bad and a mess in many ways: body animation, synchronisation of the two guys, and the fighting animation I really hope they improve this.

It looked pretty same kind of melee as most video games have. The only game where I've seen better animations was RDR2, but that doesn't equate to more in-depth combat, just better-looking.
about the twins fight most of attacks are out gooing out of sync and there's no visual feedback at all, faces are still clean after some punches needs a black eye or blood dripin. Definitely not good for a game that says to be detailed and realistic I really hope they improve this because a lot of people care about the melee in the game.

Question: We will be able to punch everybody on the street ? gang members, NPC, citizens ?
PS: In the free roam world.

Last edited:
that the melee combat was scene was a very bad and a mess in many ways: body animation, synchronisation of the two guys, and the fighting animation I really hope they improve this.

about the twins fight most of attacks are out gooing out of sync and there's no visual feedback at all, faces are still clean after some punches needs a black eye or blood dripin. Definitely not good for a game that says to be detailed and realistic I really hope they improve this because a lot of people care about the melee in the game.

Question: We will be able to punch everybody on the street ? gang members, NPC, citizens ?
PS: In the free roam world.

The simple answer is yes but there might be a reaction from Gangs / Cops . One Youtuber said the Devs don`t want to wreck your game by being chased every time you do something but if you punch / shoot NPC`s you will get a reaction eventually .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom