(unofficial) Cyberpunk 2077: Known Features Thread

+
(unofficial) Cyberpunk 2077: Known Features Thread

I have recently been seeing a lot of people asking different questions about the game, when it will be released, what classes there will be, etc. While we have at this stage very little info on the subject of Cyberpunk 2077, the purpose of this thread is to update it on regular basis so people will know where to find recent info whenever a certain video / article / blog is released, both for people who visit this forum regularly and does who don't.

This would also possibly stop the spamming of threads whenever something new is released, and everyone can always check this thread if there was something new released.

Hopefully we can all here work together and share knowledge on CDPR next installment. With that said, here is what we know so far (be kind to post if I missed some info) :)

WARNING! -- A lot of the info provided are subject to change throughout the developing of the game. Not all of this will end up in the game.

Recent News

• CDPR on the making of Cyberpunk 2077 Teaser Trailer.
    [5]
  • Entwickler Interview with Visual Effects Artist[7]

Story

• You’ll be able to create a character from the ground up and then experience Night City as a totally open world setting. [1]
  • It will be a rise-to-power story about "someone who rises from a filthy gutter to stand against a hostile world." [4]
  • Game will be a story-driven experience set in an open world environment, which will be driven throughout by player choice.[4]
  • It will be non-linear.[4]
  • Story will mainly focus on contemporary issues, and the world we will present is a kind of filter for those things.[4]

Gameplay

• Advanced RPG mechanics based on PnP RPG system upgraded to the 2077 setting. [2]
  • Huge arsenal of weapons, upgrades, implants and cool high-tech gadgets. [2]
  • Takes place in a Sandbox environment in Night City. [2]
  • A whole system of cyber-implants will be implemented, allowing you to modify your limbs. [6]
  • Similar arm implants (that was scene in the Teaser Trailer) will be present in the game. [6]
  • Cyber-psychos will also be present.[6]
  • Aerial vehicles, the psychosquad, and the weapons seen in the Teaser Trailer are as well present in the game.[6]
  • They are experimenting with dynamic conversation.[7]

Representation

• The city is being designed so it doesn’t look like a purely futuristic metropolis. Older elements of buildings will be mixed in with more modern structures to make it look like the city was built in layers to create a more realistic, Blade Runner-esque style. [1]
  • Significant amount of detail built into the weapons, similarly to the ones used in the Teaser Trailer. [1]
  • CDPR draws inspiration from several games, e.g. System Shock, Fallout 2 and more. [3]
  • Both the city and game world will be vast, and not feel restricted.[1]
  • You play in Night City, but not exactly the same area as in Cyberpunk 2020. It has been moved a little closer to the coast. Reasons being of the nuke detonation in the city.[6]
  • You will still visit memorable places in Night City, e.g. Afterlife.[6]
  • The corporations from Cyberpunk 2020 will remain present – Arasaka, Dynalar, KiroshI, etc. [6]
  • CDPR game engine--REDengine--will have some changes. The physics and ballistics of the game will be changed to add new character movements and guns. [6] The graphics engine will need to be changed a lot. [7]
  • The woman seen in the trailer might be in the game.[6]

Developer Promises

• CDPR are trying to let the player print your character sheet from the PnP game.[4]
  • They are trying to make the game to be as close to the original PnP RPG as possible. There will be changes in the balance of classes and how particular skills work.[6]

Videos

Cyberpunk 2077 Teaser Trailer
CD Projekt RED announces Cyberpunk
CD Projekt RED reveals Cyberpunk 2077
Cyberpunk 2077 -- Exclusive Mike Pondsmith About the Cyberpunk World
Update as at August 2014 (Entwickler interview, starting at 16.00)

Images

Gallery.

This is what I managed to get covered up today. Will work more tomorrow. Hopefully anyone can assist with further information, that I've missed. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, nice to see someone taking their time to gather up all the bits of information of the game. It will require a lot of work to maintain it updated. Trust me, I know from experience.

Wow, I'm impressed by your patience ;) Maybe it can get stickied, so it's always up and easy to update.

Keth

Ex-moderator
Nice work! Although we have similar FAQ thread, I'll pin it too. Just keep in mind, it's not official :)

Nice work OP, but I feel there should only be one thread for this, so the forum stays a little more organized. Maybe they can be merged and then made a sticky?

We -could- merge them, but then WHO WOULD GET CREDIT?! Well, it would be me, because I taste like candy-coated goodness, but Knight also might be tangy. you see the dilemma.
There's lots of space out here in virtual space - we can probably just have both of them. I debated throwing more whats-gonna-be-in-the-game bits in but frankly a) it's all up in the air and b) that would have been a LOT of work!

The thing is, this thread and the FAQ thread are very different.

The FAQ thread provides more general info about the game and company, and is helping to answer some questions that many people are wondering about.

This thread is an "information thread" that serves to fill updates on the game itself everytime new info on the game is published. If a developer announces a new gameplay feature, it will be posted here. Everything from small details to large ones. Depending if the OP is up to it, he/she will continue updating this thread --with all the info the devs have provided-- until the release date.

I don't think these two threads should be merged. Rather keep them separated. The FAQ is very handy for newcomers about "basics" while Known Features thread delves into a lot more aspects.

Great summary about the content (Sardukhar's thread was more about "What's this game" not "What's IN this game"). They complete each other very well.

Wow! Thank you so much for your input guys! It really motivates me to continue with this! :D

This thread is an "information thread" that serves to fill updates on the game itself everytime new info on the game is published. If a developer announces a new gameplay feature, it will be posted here. Everything from small details to large ones. Depending if the OP is up to it, he/she will continue updating this thread --with all the info the devs have provided-- until the release date.

Exactly. Sorry if it wasn't perfectly clear in my description, but information here focuses on more of what is in the game, not what it is about. And well 2 years does indeed sound like a very long time, I'm certain that I can manage it (as long as I get help from people posting to different articles and such :D)

Heh, nice to see someone taking their time to gather up all the bits of information of the game. It will require a lot of work to maintain it updated. Trust me, I know from experience.

Hehe, that I do know Chewy, and I hope you'll be helping me in the background ;P

Top Bottom