(unofficial) Cyberpunk 2077: Known Features Thread

+
This is probably going to sound like a silly question but I shall ask anyway. Is this game a First person shooter?

This is probably going to sound like a silly question but I shall ask anyway. Is this game a First person shooter?

It is not. That's an obvious fact, a given. It will absolutely not be an FPS.

It might be like Deus Ex, a sort of a hybrid. That's not a true FPS though. It might be like Skyrim, an even more of a hybrid, which you can play in first person, but that's way too far from FPS to even mention.

It's not going to be an FPS. Period.

Is it going to have first person view? That's still in doubt. It will have a third person view, or a few different ones.

...Remember: the game will be released when it’s done. So we won’t publish something that isn’t a graphical masterpiece.

That's what I wanted to hear. Finally a game that will be able to use the power of the PC. I bought my PC 3 years ago and I still haven't played a game that could bring it to its knees. Far Cry 3? Runs smoothly even if I crank up everything to max. Crysis 2? Meh. Battlefield 3? Lags a bit when I crank up AA.

My point is that games aren't evolving graphically anymore. From 2004 to 2007 there was a huge leap in graphics quality, but in the 2007-present period, not much has changed. Only a certain few games look better than crysis did back in late 2007 (that is more than five years ago!) and that's a shame, since new hardware allows for better visuals.

Visual presentation is more important in video games than people would care to admit.

That's what I wanted to hear. Finally a game that will be able to use the power of the PC. I bought my PC 3 years ago and I still haven't played a game that could bring it to its knees.

Have you tried Witcher 2 on ultra settings with ubersampling ON? I suggest it if your PC is looking for a real challenge.

Have you tried Witcher 2 on ultra settings with ubersampling ON? I suggest it if your PC is looking for a real challenge.

Yes, as a matter of a fact I did. Played like a turn based game. :(

But I am merely disappointed by the fact that my 3 year old HD 5870 can run the majority of even AAA games on max without breaking a sweat. I am hoping for CP2077 to be a truly next-generation project in every way. Now, I know this seems like sucking up since I am on a CDPR forum, but I want it to be like The Witcher 2 when it was released - a true presentation of what a video game can be.

@ S3ntinel, gregski:

Not really.
I like DA also, and the graphics are old, but you can feel the story and the characters.
Mirrors Edge didn't need surroundings at all in AAAAAAAA...
And VTMB and even Myst would make sense today and creep me without the graphics settings.
what you need is an overall FEEL of Night City of how the NPC react to you and very good sound / effects more.
And it will sell to more people. That will make a follow up more possible.

Top Bottom