Unofficial FAQ for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
Question about Gwint: Is difficulty lvl of Gwint tied to main difficulty lvl of the game or does it provide the same challange on easy and insane lvl?

i don't know actually, but i think difficulty of gwint won't change with the game difficulty. also i think horse races aren't harder on higher difficulties.

See, Gwint is a collectible cards game. You suck at the beginning, but you get stronger the more good cards you have and the more experienced you are. So if you challenge hard opponents early, you might loose really bad.

Hi ! I had the error CE-36244-9 during the download on ps4, i pressed retry and then i could download it successfully. Am i good to go ? My install size is 31.54 GB, is it right ?

Hi ! I had the error CE-36244-9 during the download on ps4, i pressed retry and then i could download it successfully. Am i good to go ? My install size is 31.54 GB, is it right ?
not shure .. but i would guess so .. ps4 shuld theoretical verofy the download just in case .. but you still need to wait around 2 days and 9-8 hours before you can play its ^^

Edit: from what i see it says delete the download and try again .. but since you said it was successful the second time it should be okey ..

here is an image from what the error says http://puu.sh/hPnp5/8b0dae459e.png

Last edited:
Thanks friend, saved me a bit of money. 3 days to go :dizzy:

Yes. I hope so.

This is after all from currently known info. But I am almost 100% certain it will run the game well. Maybe not at Ultra, but High should be great on it!

Also, that CPU is pretty good and more than enough for games right now. I still play just fine on an old i5 750.
In reality, the thing limiting you from going higher is not the CPU, but the GPU. Though, again, it should do very well at 1080p on high :) !

I have a question, if anyone has an answer that'd be great. Why was the meditation/ time lapse thing removed from the game? I thought watching the world move around you while meditating was pretty cool. Also if any developers are listening give me some feedback on this next part. Potion drinking animation. I think we should have it, adds immersion and causes players to think before using them.... And you could always make it an addition to the things you can turn off in the options menu.

I have a question, if anyone has an answer that'd be great. Why was the meditation/ time lapse thing removed from the game? I thought watching the world move around you while meditating was pretty cool. Also if any developers are listening give me some feedback on this next part. Potion drinking animation. I think we should have it, adds immersion and causes players to think before using them.... And you could always make it an addition to the things you can turn off in the options menu.

This is a user-maintained FAQ, not somewhere to ask the devs questions, so this is off-topic. Please use the appropriate threads if you want to discuss features in this way.

Hi guys, I was wondering if there is somewhere to download the ps4 patch online as a friend will be getting the ps4 version retail on tuesday, but has no internet for the patch, will i be able to download it to a usb from my pc and give it to him at work the next day or is this not an option.

cheers in advance.

How long do potions last this time around? The only ones I've seen in gameplay videos are Swallow and Tawny Owl with ~20sec durations. I'm assuming those have just been reworked into immediate-action combat potions and other potions will last longer than that?

How long do potions last this time around? The only ones I've seen in gameplay videos are Swallow and Tawny Owl with ~20sec durations. I'm assuming those have just been reworked into immediate-action combat potions and other potions will last longer than that?
I saw the base version of Cat last about 3 and a half minutes. So, yeah, different potions will last for different amount of time for sure.

When i import my save from the witcher 2, is wild hunt show me every major decision i made ? Or i have to access witcher 2 to check my decision ?

When i import my save from the witcher 2, is wild hunt show me every major decision i made ? Or i have to access witcher 2 to check my decision ?
Without getting spoilery, the short answer is no-- it does not appear that you will "see" your choices if you go the manual import route. Though if its a straight PC to PC import, I believe if the files are in the appropriate place, and you select the option to use previous decisions at the start of the game, the world state will be automatically generated with your choices. There may be more to it than that, but its how I interpret it.

Without getting spoilery, the short answer is no-- it does not appear that you will "see" your choices if you go the manual import route. Though if its a straight PC to PC import, I believe if the files are in the appropriate place, and you select the option to use previous decisions at the start of the game, the world state will be automatically generated with your choices. There may be more to it than that, but its how I interpret it.

I think it should look like mass effect import, when you import the save from previous game they show you some big decision like "kil the council", " romance somebody" etc

I have many the witcher 2 save game's ending, and to now i don't remember the choice i made =.=!

just a general question if anyone knows the answer i live in New Zealand as we are ahead in time i was wondering will we get the witcher 3 at midnight our time or will we have to wait till its 1:00am CEST time which would be close to the afternoon on the 19th here?

just a general question if anyone knows the answer i live in New Zealand as we are ahead in time i was wondering will we get the witcher 3 at midnight our time or will we have to wait till its 1:00am CEST time which would be close to the afternoon on the 19th here?

Game unlocks at 1 AM CEST worldwide. So yes you will get it in the afternoon.

Guttered that kinda sucks for us miss out a bit there but what can you do cheers for that info mate greatly appreciated

---------- Updated at 03:38 PM ----------

Game unlocks at 1 AM CEST worldwide. So yes you will get it in the afternoon.
Just letting you know that site you put up there tells me that its 20 hours away from release which would mean that it would be exactly midnight here this is very confusing lol

Top Bottom