Unofficial FAQ for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
Just letting you know that site you put up there tells me that its 20 hours away from release which would mean that it would be exactly midnight here this is very confusing lol

Yeah that site is a bit weird. Just ignore it. :p

The countdown on the PS4 is for midnight too ...
Yea man its weird tells me on my xbox release time is 00:01 UTC on the 19th sites from cd project are telling me 20hours away witch is midnight here and yet they say something completely different weird but by the sounds of it its going to be the afternoon in NZ :(

Yea man its weird tells me on my xbox release time is 00:01 UTC on the 19th sites from cd project are telling me 20hours away witch is midnight here and yet they say something completely different weird but by the sounds of it its going to be the afternoon in NZ :(

I meant midnight for Europe :p

I meant midnight for Europe :p
haha i see still think they should be more accurate with the exact time for some places especially when there own site is telling me it releases at midnight here on there countdown and xbox says the same dosent help saying the 19th which technically should be bang on the 19th not halfway through the 19th the managed to tell americans that they will get it on the 18th and the times they will get it but said nothing for the countries who see the 19th first and then we lose 12hours of playing it in a way USA gets it 18th a day early everywhere else gets it pretty much bang on midnight on the 19th where as we cant till later on. I know time ways that releases everywhere same time but some sort of information regarding that for us would have being helpfull cause as it stands its pretty much telling us we get it tonight at midnight but thats not true for us. if they are doing those sort of release times should have proper release times for all the places otherwise im just getting false info so glad i asked about would have stayed up till midnight tonight for no reason at all just to be disappointed and confused

just a general question if anyone knows the answer i live in New Zealand as we are ahead in time i was wondering will we get the witcher 3 at midnight our time or will we have to wait till its 1:00am CEST time which would be close to the afternoon on the 19th here?

As far as I know, it's at 10am or 11am for new zealand. It's what i see on Origin. I live in Auckland, NZ. Chcking online on worldtimebuddy.com says that 1amCEST is 11am for Auckland.

haha i see still think they should be more accurate with the exact time for some places especially when there own site is telling me it releases at midnight here on there countdown and xbox says the same dosent help saying the 19th which technically should be bang on the 19th not halfway through the 19th the managed to tell americans that they will get it on the 18th and the times they will get it but said nothing for the countries who see the 19th first and then we lose 12hours of playing it in a way USA gets it 18th a day early everywhere else gets it pretty much bang on midnight on the 19th where as we cant till later on. I know time ways that releases everywhere same time but some sort of information regarding that for us would have being helpfull cause as it stands its pretty much telling us we get it tonight at midnight but thats not true for us. if they are doing those sort of release times should have proper release times for all the places otherwise im just getting false info so glad i asked about would have stayed up till midnight tonight for no reason at all just to be disappointed and confused

It's going to release on the 19th of may at 1am CEST world wide. Even if it's still the 18th for the US they will still be getting it at the same time we do, because they live in a different time zone. Do you understand how time zones work? It doesn't mean they're getting it earlier, lol.

Last edited:
Is there an option on PC to import choices from Witcher 2 through dialogue like on consoles? I don't want to re-download Witcher 2 just for the save file.

Were there any word about importing a save VS answering the quiz in the beginning of the game?

(I've seen CohhCarnage's Geralt on twitch wearing the tattoo from TW2, anything apart from that?)

Last edited:
Yup. You are still "this" side of the IDL, so the time difference is less than 12 hours ... Australia is 9am, and NZ is (I think) around 11am on the 19th May.

Just over 24 hours from now.... Squeeee. So very excited...

It's going to release on the 19th of may at 1am CEST world wide. Even if it's still the 18th for the US they will still be getting it at the same time we do, because they live in a different time zone. Do you understand how time zones work? It doesn't mean they're getting it earlier, lol.
Im aware how time zones work man alls that would have being helpfull was a little info on there behalf nothing more . what im saying little curtesy for the fans of the series who live over here they made the effort to give times and a date for release in the US but nothing for NZ alls we have to go off is midnight UTC time witch is midnight here was just saying lil info for the other places in the world woulda being nice thats all dont care that it gets released at that time.

hope everyone enjoys it though :)

Last edited:
Were there any word about importing a save VS answering the quiz in the beginning of the game?

(I've seen CohhCarnage's Geralt on twitch wearing the tattoo from TW2, anything apart from that?)

Yes in that very stream, when he started the game it gave him the option to import a save. He scrolled through and chose the appropriate save file from his game library and that was that. Game on.

Good. I see I haven't missed anything particular: just a few questions about the release, and some others I wouldn't have been able to answer. Thanks to those who've addressed these, while I was out. I'll be around most of to-day.

Does anyone know if there are exclusive items in Death March? There were certain swords and armour in Witcher 2 that could only be obtained from playing in Dark Mode.

Does anyone know if there are exclusive items in Death March? There were certain swords and armour in Witcher 2 that could only be obtained from playing in Dark Mode.

I recall reading there would not be. However, I could be mistaken, as I cannot seem to find the source , so I'm working off memory Sorry.

Hmm, I recall reading somewhere that it would be possible to play the game on pc with ps4 controller, but it's not working for me. Can anyone comment on this? Is the ps4 controller not supported after all? Not sure where else to ask this and I'm a little desperate since I really wanna play now lol.

Hmm, I recall reading somewhere that it would be possible to play the game on pc with ps4 controller, but it's not working for me. Can anyone comment on this? Is the ps4 controller not supported after all? Not sure where else to ask this and I'm a little desperate since I really wanna play now lol.

It should be supported. That was confirmed. @Marcin Momot , @TheEvilChris ? Any suggestions where he should turn?

Top Bottom