Unofficial PTR patch notes - 30th January 2018

+
Maybe not everything we could have asked for, and a bit shortsighted (as many people have pointed out, Consume is likely to be the next unstoppable plague), but there's a lot of good changes in there, some pointless ones, and a couple of well-needed ones to diversify a faction (Eist Veterans is now a thing again, hopefully it's a decent deck).

I also feel that they didn't go overboard trying to kill dorfs, but that this SHOULD bring the deck down a few notches and put it in the pack but not on top of it.

Cautiously excited about how the meta will change when this hits. Hope there's some more in the notes that we're not seeing, maybe something about nekkers and enforcers.

Interesting changes, and mostly for the better. I'll comment from a NR perspective (considering that's the only faction I play): I range from temperate to warm on the changes, except for one.. Commander's Horn.

I stopped using that card after the MW update, because I thought it was too weak given the point-spamming, especially given its set-up conditions. Now? Why would anyone play it as a silver?

Philologus;n10366252 said:
Commander's Horn. I stopped using that card after the MW update, because I thought it was too weak given the point-spamming, especially given its set-up conditions. Now? Why would anyone play it as a silver?
Because you can use it as a combo with ST cards like Eithne and Isengrim: Outlaw, and with NG Letho: Kingslayer, which gives extra points on top of CH itself.

Maerd;n10367602 said:
Because you can use it as a combo with ST cards like Eithne and Isengrim: Outlaw, and with NG Letho: Kingslayer, which gives extra points on top of CH itself.

Eh, yeah I know it's useful for those decks. But from NR perspective.. ah nevermind. NR has been a bottom-faction for a while, now. Still, I'll hold the torch for it. It's my only faction, and will continue to be so.

One post deleted. Please keep your language clean, and do not insult the developers.

Last edited:
Actually, im very surprised that Enforcers and Venedal doesnt get nerf (both often 20+ bronze powercreeps)

no changes to ithlinne but to tremors? check.
silver spies mechanic is still unchanged and op? check.
hoping for better patch in the future? check.

Last edited:
balKilen;n10372782 said:
no changes to ithlinne? check.
silver spies are still unchanged and op? check.
hoping for better patch in the future? check.

Did you ever read change list lol? Ithlinne+Tremor is fixed, also summoning circle is fixed.

ZenaRose;n10372792 said:
[...] Ithlinne+Tremor is fixed, also summoning circle is fixed.

The combo perhaps, by nerfing the card that wasn't necessarily the issue. Ithlinne did not receive a change as far as I am informed.

balKilen;n10372782 said:
[...]silver spies are still unchanged and op? check.[...]

I didn't test that much on the PTR. I saw them having a timer of 1, thus every silver spy can only use its ability once. I don't know exactly how this affects Summoning Circle and Runestone.

ZenaRose;n10372792 said:
Did you ever read change list lol? Ithlinne+Tremor is fixed, also summoning circle is fixed.

yes but ithlinne is still an extremely strong card. and everytime they release a new weather or removal card they will have to think about ithlinne. so either the card gets crap in decks without ithlinne and or it will be broken together with ithlinne. or perhaps they will never change or add such cards in the future. or they will have to look at ithlinne again.

and summoning circle is not the only problem of silver spies. you are still at huge disadvante if your opponent plays one in round 2 and you can't counter it with another one. so it's still a must have card. thats not ok. and im sure that there will be additional changes to silver spies in the future.

also no changes to wardancer?

Last edited:
If they do the one turn delay on silver spies as an actual thing rather than a typo error... that might be interesting. That way you could end the round to deny the CA. Either way, they're removed most ways of interacting with them now, so we can see how it pans out. I think Decoy still affects them?

iamthedave;n10373842 said:
If they do the one turn delay on silver spies as an actual thing rather than a typo error... that might be interesting. That way you could end the round to deny the CA.[...]

You cannot. The timer goes off instantaneously, i assume it is just to assure that a CA spy is only used once.

:facepalm:

Lets nerf ST instead Nilfgard and dont buff Northern Realms...

:huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
TV_JayArr;n10374212 said:
You cannot. The timer goes off instantaneously, i assume it is just to assure that a CA spy is only used once.

There's no timer that I know of. There was a typo when they initially posted it that suggested the actual card draw would happen at the start of the next turn. If they actually did that it might be an interesting change, just to see how it affected the game in the short term.

DRK3

Forum veteran
So, the Emhyr + NG Knight BS strategy remains unchanged, which will probably mean many weeks / months where we have to put up with that crap? Just great.

Minor changes to NG which deserved the nerf hammer severely, while other factions got non-prioritary changes...

Barracuda88;n10360332 said:
Why take Nova out of Igni range though?

Because CDPR very, very rarely think of the whole picture when balancing. To them, dropping nova's points is a nerf. To everyone else its a buff.

Its one of the reasons CDRPs balancing has always been terrible - They never look at the whole picture rather than just the card in question.

i know lots of people wanted the moving cards at mulligan back .... but i wanted to know why it should be better to move cards instead of seeing all cards in one view? i need more time to see all cards when i have to move them .... its mulligan time, or did i missunderstood something, sorry i am new at gwent

Zjiin;n10375772 said:
Because CDPR very, very rarely think of the whole picture when balancing. To them, dropping nova's points is a nerf. To everyone else its a buff.

Because everyone runs Igni, draws the card, keeps it until the last moment, has card advantage and is always matched against everyone else using Ciri: Nova last, which they also drew and didn't have card advantage. You know what, let's keep Ciri: Nova at one strength, to prevent it from ever getting Igni'd or Scorched. That's a pretty good buff, right? Making Ciri: Nova 24 strength is a buff, anything lower quickly turns into a nerf. It's debatable at what point. However, blatantly accusing CDPR while claiming everyone else sees it differently is being just as shortsighted as you claimed CPDR has been.

Top Bottom