Unplayable FPS-Drops using Legendary QuickHacks

+
So ever since i got legendary Quickhacks, the game becomes unplayable when i use them. As in the game drops to 5-10 fps when i use them and after i kill the target i used the hack on, e.g. sonic shock its back to 30fps. I use a rtx 2070 and get stable 60fps otherwise and before i unlocked the legendary hacks.

Its 100% reproducable. Reloading fixes it, and also unequipping the hacks in the inventory fixes it. But this is not rly an option infight.
The funny thing is that i cant even equip epic hacks, aslong as there are legendary hacks in your inventory you can only equip the highest hack XD wtf?
So i cant even use epic hacks without deleting my legendary hacks. Makes the game pretty much unplayable.
Post automatically merged:

Even just having them equipped and entering combat makes the FPS drop to 30 without using them. Unequipping them back to 60.

Just something about the passives of the Legendary hacks makes the game giga lagg.

Last edited:
I play on PC and this is happening to me. I only noticed the fps drops when I started using the Legendary quickhacks and I was thinking like "no way its the legendary quickhacks" so I came here to search and found you with the same problem. The worst part is that the quest to kill Cyberpsycho's I can't complete anymore because some of them are bugged and when they get to 0% HP they don't die and hacks don't work anymore. I don't know if its related to the legendary hacks but this only started yesterday and I have more than 100h+ of playtime.

EDIT: Just confirmed, if I use Legendary quickhacks on the Cyberpsycho's they become immortal not dying at 0%. I had to kill them without using any legendary quickhacks, I have some epic quickhacks but they wasnt available so I couldn't test since I only have 3 epic and the others are legendary ones.

Last edited:
the same: legendary quickhacks' passives somehow manage to mess up fps, and also people don't die or incapacitate if you use legendary qh on them
this is funny, ridiculous, painful and frustrating at the same time cos even after legendary ping, you cannot kill anyone anymore who was affected with it, they no longer die at 0% hp, and also "system reset" cannot incapacitate them, and even stealth kills\KOs do not - I had a case when just after 3rd KO from stealth an enemy started to lie as a wooden log on the floor, thankfully he stopped to "discover" stealthed me after that xD but still no loot and it's just giant meh...

Submit this problem as much as you can guys please, because netrunner build feels more and more like a torture: no separate tap-once dodge button keybind, just 6 slots at best in cyberdeck, crafting is a garbage in general, nanowire has no real reason to exist in the game in its current state, and now legendary quickhacks are absolutely ruined, and my own nervous system ruined as well and my own neural links falling apart (cos I've been forward to the netrunner gameplay since Deep Dive video as the most interesting one for me personally) T_T

Think I'm experiencing this exact issue. Thing is, everything worked fine in terms of using legendary quickhacks, until patch 1.11.

I just tested removing my legendary quickhacks, and lo and behold, the game works fine now.

Sigh.

Last edited:
Afaik this is due to one specific legendary hack. Not sure which one so try searching the forums because its been discussed already. Then at least you can use all the other ones.

Afaik this is due to one specific legendary hack. Not sure which one so try searching the forums because its been discussed already. Then at least you can use all the other ones.
I can confirm that it is either the legendary detonate grenade, or the legendary cripple enemy. I have been playing the game perfectly fine until I equipped both of these, then I suddenly got crazy fps drops, and I couldn't figure out wth was happening with the fps dropping to 5! 5 fps!! Wtf?? Found this forum comment, and wanted to add my info here. Also, those two quickhacks DO NOT WORK AT ALL when trying to use them.

I can confirm that it is either the legendary detonate grenade, or the legendary cripple enemy. I have been playing the game perfectly fine until I equipped both of these, then I suddenly got crazy fps drops, and I couldn't figure out wth was happening with the fps dropping to 5! 5 fps!! Wtf?? Found this forum comment, and wanted to add my info here. Also, those two quickhacks DO NOT WORK AT ALL when trying to use them.
I just reloaded my save before equipping the quickhacks, I can CONFIRM FOR SURE, it is the legendary Detonate Grenade quickhack this causes the fps drop.

I just reloaded my save before equipping the quickhacks, I can CONFIRM FOR SURE, it is the legendary Detonate Grenade quickhack this causes the fps drop.
Now, I can confirm that it has to be some combination of things. I reverted back again, and added legendary cripple movement, and it was fine. Then I later added detonate grenade, and it was also fine. It was when I added both at the same time, that something glitches out and caused the low fps drop... Very strange

Last edited:
Hi, I'm glad I found this thread, I was just about to reinstall the game and restart. I too have both Detonate grenade and Cripple movement legendary and installed. I am encountering unkillable enemies, and very serious FPS drops. I must test later to see if things improve with neither of those hacks equipped.
Thank you to all who contributed here!
Ps: I was thinking it was the last point in Tech that caused my issue. I put a perk point into "Tech weapons ignore armor" about the same time as I equipped the Hacks. I love my Widow Maker...

I do not have a problem with legendary quickhack passives and my hardware is pretty out of date - i7 6700K + GTX1070. Playing 1440p, 80% dynamic render scale and a custom preset (mostly high settings with a few framerate killers like volumetric fog set to low). I get 35 fps average but it varies between 21 and 48.

What does kill my fps is pinging an area with a tonne of hackable devices and enemies. All the devices show up with green outlines and tethers and all the enemies show up as red silhouettes. There are some gigs with an insane number of devices. This can tank my framerate down to sub 15 fps.

Hi, Thank you all here for setting me on the right Path. I solved the FPS issue due to the info I found here.
Long story short: I removed Legendary Cripple Movement and Sonic Shock Hacks and...done.
I have since tested using a the following:
Netwatch Netdriver Mk5 Cyberdeck, I also tested with a Tetratronic Rippler Mk4.
Legendary: Ping
Detonate Grenade
Suicide
Short Circuit
Epic: Reboot Optics
Rare: Memory Wipe
No issues.
I have yet to test which of the Hacks caused my issue, it could be a combination of both. I will report here when I have.

I'm having this issue on PS4. When I would breach the game slowed to a crawl. When I used contagion the game slowed to a crawl. When I used system reset... you get the picture. I've also had un-killable npc's after this glitch. All my hacks are legendary. I've since got an epic cyberdeck and lower level hacks and it seems to be better. This work around is ridiculous and I hope they are fixing it. I've sent bug reports and video of this issue and have received replies for more information. A separate issue I've had is when I enter the lower part of the map I have occasional slowdown. I'm doing nothing but driving through there. There's still some quests that are broken, Killing in the Name, is one. Some others I've found work arounds so not to use my cyber abilities, also unacceptable. One other issue I've encountered is NPC's being alerted when they should not be. Finding bodies that I've either hid or removed from the area completely or simply yelling out that they've been hit when I'm not even firing and hiding from them. I'll attach a video showing that and the slowdown. I've enjoyed this game since release, even with the weird bugs and glitches, T posing and the see through world I encounter on occasion but game slowdown is breaking it. I hope these issues are not being ignored on last gen systems.

One other issue I've encountered is NPC's being alerted when they should not be. Finding bodies that I've either hid or removed from the area completely or simply yelling out that they've been hit when I'm not even firing and hiding from them.

Thank God, I'm not the only one! I've been looking for a solution for this for a few days and it's driving me crazy, because it was fine for 2 playthroughs. Now, whenever I use a quick hack (mostly "Contagion"), through a camera or not, all the enemies in that area (not affected by the hack included) will be alerted, and ultimately will come directly to my position, even while I'm on stealth mode (crouch) and they still did not see me. I use a hack, they come to me, look at me, find me (no time to run given) and then they attack me. I'm not using any legendary quick hack, but my Ciberdeck is (Stephenson Tech MK. 4). PC/Steam player.

Sorry for my English, not native speaker.

Top Bottom