Unplayable mouse lag, please help.

+
Unplayable mouse lag, please help.

I'm coming here as a last resort, I've gone through every possible solution I can think of and I still haven't been able to fix it.

So heres the issue. This isn't the first time I've played the game, I've put 350 hours into it already, but I just reinstalled the game today and wanted to fire it up and the mouse lag is so bad it's to the point where it half the time is moving the camera all over the place without any input from me. The mouse can be standing perfectly still and the camera just keeps freaking out and going all over the place. I use the Hardware Cursor option and this was never a problem before today. I can shake the mouse back and forth for 5 seconds and for the next 30 seconds the camera will keep moving back and forth.

I tried disconnecting my DS4, that didn't solve it, even with a cold boot. Also tried the same with my mouse except reconnecting it. I tried Disabling any features that could conflict, like vsync or triple buffering, even tried turning off my mouse software. ROG Armoury, for the record my mouse is an ASUS ROG Gladius. Never had a problem before, same mouse I used to use, same computer I used to use, same hardware I used to use, nothing changed hardware wise on my end from when it used to work and now.

I even tried as a last resort, rolling back from the Radeon Crimson 15.11.1 drivers to the 15.10 beta drivers, the last known drivers I had when the game previously worked properly and even that changed nothing. The mouse still isn't working right, same exact issue.

I also tried reinstalling it again, with removing my Witcher 3 folder in my documents that holds the input settings and such.

Nothing works and I'm at my wits end.

The controller works just fine, but I can't play this game with a controller.

Is there anything I can do to get the mouse to work right again? What could have possibly happened?

Edit: I fixed it! After all the dozens upon dozens of fixes I tried, I finally figured out the issue! Apparently Galaxy added an overlay and it was enabled by default. That was what was causing all of the issues! I disabled it and my mouse control is now back!

Last edited:
Thank you so much! I was about to give up on my plan to replay the game, you've saved me! The game overlay seems like a random thing to be causing this issue, hopefully it gets fixed soon but I won't miss it until then.

Top Bottom