Unranked Standard Mode matches are now Training?

+
The new patch notes state:
"Unranked Standard Mode matches are now shown under Training Mode."

Do these Training Mode matches still count for daily progression?
Can't try it out since I'm still at work.

The option for unranked currently does not exist; under Training there is only the Decoy "button".

I would expect unranked to still count like it always has, but cannot confirm at the moment.

EDIT: Yes, it still counts.

Last edited:
I just completed a journey quest in training vs AI since i clicked it by mistake (it automatically resets to vs AI after every match it seems)

I just completed a journey quest in training vs AI since i clicked it by mistake (it automatically resets to vs AI after every match it seems)

You can complete Journey Quests vs AI?!
Now that's a little bit strange...and maybe practical for some quests.

okay after testing again it seems I was wrong, I could have sworn I completed some contract after accidentally "train" against the AI. didnt work the 2nd time though

my mistake, didnt mean to spread false information, sorry guys. thought it might be a bug due to the merging of unranked and training

Well, devs took like one entire year to make the cursor been in the last game you played.

Before the changes, if you play a seasonal game, the game always restart in rank/unranked match (normal match). So, after a year the players blaming about that, the devs change it.

And now we have the same problem in training, the game always restart to play against AI. But for the worst, after you press the button, there is no way you cancel the game, so you need to start and forfeit

Although I hate the automatic switch to play vs AI, I do prefer unranked play’s new location. I cannot count the number of times I meant to play unranked but accidentally queued into ranked. While I am certain I will accidentally queue into AI play often, that is a less serious error. I just hope future players will be aware of the option to play unranked and still count it toward quests.

Although I hate the automatic switch to play vs AI,
Maybe they'll change it to default Unranked vs player in the later patch (or hotfix). AI should be the last option with Ranked being the most visible and easily accessible.

IMG_20210609_123335.jpg

"won't have much issue, if they really want to play it"

It now takes 3-4 clicks what used to take 1, it's annoying as hell to do, why not have it as a seperate tab like seasonal, or a warning you can turn off in options. That would have been the obvious option, so why wasn't it used? Why exactly do they not want people playing casual?

If they wanted to protect new players then they should rename Training to Casual as well. Now it's even more confusing.

Oh, and make "vs Player" the DEFAULT option. Nobody will train anything vs not so smart AI which makes bad moves.

ThorSerpent, Live Ops Director, CDPR: "we've decided to move Casual to another place - mostly due to the popular confusion it was causing to new players. While experienced players won't have much issue finding this mode if they really want to play it".

It's a conscious choice by CDPR to bury Unranked mode in the UI.
As long as I've played GWENT, Training mode has always been single player only.
I had to come to this forum to ask what happened to Unranked mode.
Why would you assume that it was in the Training mode?
Why wouldn't you assume that CDPR hadn't just ditched Unranked mode?

The old way was intuitive.
If new players were confused, it would just be a minor embarrassment to them to point out that if they didn't want to play Unranked mode, they should untick the box right smack bang in the centre of the of the match-up screen for doing just that. In other words, what they needed to do wasn't hidden. CDPR have hidden how to play Unranked mode. Why shouldn't your options be obvious? Do you really have to make a point of bookmarking patchnotes and reading a wall of text to find this stuff?

This is a case of CDPR funnelling players into playing the game how CDRP wants them to play out, without regard to how players want to play it. So, they just made it a pain to play the game how they want to play it.

Now, if 'solutions' to this issue are implemented, you'll have the outcome of occasionally people playing the wrong mode (solo, Unranked) because they forgot to tick or untick a box which is in an uninintuitive place. It will be a convoluted solution to a problem of CDPR's own making.

I don't want to be penalised for playing the mode that I want to play by being forced to do more work in order to do just that.

I don't see a reason why there should be no separate card for casual mode. Adding one more between "Battle rush" and "Training" cards should not be a big problem, and it would fix a lot of issues people mentioned here.
- playing casual would take the same amount of clicks as battle rush
- the dumb tickboxes could be removed from training card
- no more accidental AI matchups

Top Bottom