Unrealistic Expectations?

+
Shame on you Cdpr

This is the where I disagree with you as well, this is the prime reason why threads are being closed. At this point they are well aware of what they earned and what they lost so rubbing it with direct statements (using names and such) won't make it better.

EDIT: I am out of here now, I don't want to make myself bitter on things that cannot change as of now. I am excited for the game that I am going to play today. I hope you guys can also think neutrally and enjoy the game for the all the merits it has :)

Last edited:
I've noticed a number of accounts popping up with only a few posts, doing nothing but lambasting CDPR. They also seem to use a very similar language too.

People, please don't hijack the thread and turn it into another graphics comparison debate. :D

I've noticed a number of accounts popping up with only a few posts, doing nothing but lambasting CDPR. They also seem to use a very similar language too.

People, please don't hijack the thread and turn it into another graphics comparison debate. :D

I think it is overflow from steam forums the downgrade is a hot topic over there. I actually came here to get away from it

I guess shame on me for Supporting these folks with collector's edition,I mean if they think that by spending 75+$ I don't even get the right to express my disappointment then I guess the game's not for me.

So much for listening to feeback and addressing criticisms,I met Senior executive monnier myself once and he told me how cdpr would respond to every mail positive or negative,those dats are past us I suppose.

Last edited:
The insulting one was me i think.. my bad just sick of all the downgrade talk sorry

Why are mad on the Gamers who are sad and disappointet because of the Downgrade , which more look like a whole other engine, and not on CDPR who are responsible is weird, but hey, everyone his own oppinion. I mean realy, if People say they think 2015 footage look better than 2013..you know there´s something going on.

Why are mad on the Gamers who are sad and disappointet because of the Downgrade , which more look like a whole other engine, and not on CDPR who are responsible is weird, but hey, everyone his own oppinion. I mean realy, if People say they think 2015 footage look better than 2013..you know there´s something going on.

because its annoying seeing this pop up in EVERY SINGLE THREAD just keep to it to the downgrade threads =D

In any case I like to remain realistic that the PC version suffered more or less but also optimistic that they will learn something from this experience and with the success of this game they'll have enough man power to focus on every platform. I also acknowledge the fact that the game still looks the best in it's genre.

They will learn sure. They'll learn that MS / Sony are ruling the gaming industry, and that if you want to make money on the console market, you have to obliged to MS / Sony expectations. In the case of TW3, it was that the game must look the same on every platform, as to give the impression that PS4 / X1 hardware are on par with PCs.

They'll also learn than PR power of MS / Sony is so huge, that they can afford to deceive / mislead PC player long enough to make them believe in what they said.

We're living a rough patch PC gaming wise. I just hop it'll get better once people start to realize that consoles are only limiting the evolution of gaming and PC hardware becomes cheaper.

A little off topic but will the other thread be unlocked?

What's the point really,It's not like it's going to make any difference.Cancelling preorders is perhaps the best you can do,If the devs intend to know what's wrong with the game they'll have more than enough feedback from all those locked threads,Imo there's no point wasting your time here anymore.

Forums are mostly made for discussions and not feedback to the developer, it's better if they have 1 thread where all of the complaints and discussions go so that they don't drag down other threads discussions.

Forums are mostly made for discussions and not feedback to the developer, it's better if they have 1 thread where all of the complaints and discussions go so that they don't drag down other threads discussions.

Please look through the forums to see what happened in those cases because yes, we have tried that. Most such threads run to over 1000 posts, but don't have much discussion. You're welcome to look through them.

And this particular discussion really needs to get back on-topic.

There are a few factors that help maintain realistic expectations:

First, expect games of a generation to have similar graphical capability, because CDPR do not have access to 'development magic' not possessed by other developers.

Consequently, I would expect TW3 to have similar graphical capability to other current gen games I have played:

• Assassin's Creed Unity
  • Shadow of Mordor
  • Tomb Raider (Definitive Edition)
  • Dragon Age Inquisition

Of those, I think it will look closest to Dragon Age, from the gameplay videos I have seen.
Expecting some photo-realistic quantum leap ahead of other games of its generation is a silly expectation.

Plot, story and immersion are down to the writing and do not have to have the limitations of computing power.
Given The Witcher's rich literary heritage, it is reasonable to expect high writing standards.
I hope for a journey alongside:

• Mass Effect (series)
  • Baldur's Gate (series)
  • Dragon Age: Origins
  • Fallout 3
  • Red Dead Redemption

Frankly, if the game would not be out of place alongside the above list, I'll be very happy.

Further expectations:

I'm expecting some bugs, because the game is huge.
I'm not expecting every side quest to be writing genius, in a game this size there will be less optimal 'fetch quests'.

In short, I'm expecting several hundreds of hours or entertainment over the coming months.
There are few enough games of this calibre to enjoy, you won't catch me whining about what it isn't, I shall be enjoying what it is.

Unrealistic Expectations? well i have to agree .. it was unrealistic to expect game will look better on PC then 300$ console

It's the 11th hour and I've been hyped for this game for such a long time. I've been visiting forums endlessly, reading/watching people's experiences, watching gameplay footage and trying avoid spoilers at the same time. My expectations are through the roof. I have an image in my head on how the game will play and what feels I will experience during my playthrough.

And now I worry that I've set myself up for some level of disappointment. The best experiences I've had have always come from games and movies I've had low expectation for, or walked-in blind knowing little about it. And some of the most disappointing experiences have come from stuff that I've been so excited for I almost lost sleep over.

I worry that although I know the game will be great, it just won't meet this expectation I have for it. That the feels I'm hoping for never surface to the same degree I envisioned during my personal build-up.

Anybody else worry too? Genuine concern? Or just last minute jitters?

That is the main reason, why I only really picked up on TW3 during the last weeks. Sure, I saw the trailers and some of the videos from E3 and so on, but I stayed very sceptical (and for good reasons) so I actually had rather "mediocre" expectations and I'm not hyped out of my mind, imagining a game, that doesn't actually exist and having expectations that no game ever could fulfill.

Hype might push sales or rather pre-orders, but it also leads to disappointment as we have seen over the last weeks with all the downgrade discussion.

They will learn sure. They'll learn that MS / Sony are ruling the gaming industry, and that if you want to make money on the console market, you have to obliged to MS / Sony expectations. In the case of TW3, it was that the game must look the same on every platform, as to give the impression that PS4 / X1 hardware are on par with PCs.

They'll also learn than PR power of MS / Sony is so huge, that they can afford to deceive / mislead PC player long enough to make them believe in what they said.

We're living a rough patch PC gaming wise. I just hop it'll get better once people start to realize that consoles are only limiting the evolution of gaming and PC hardware becomes cheaper.

I will not answer for all the negativity you're building inside yourself but the last I checked PC hardware is still quite expensive, I worked my ass off to get two GTX 980s :D

Haha it's not negativity it's realism, I struggle everyday at work with problematics on PC versus Consoles and how to please every communities... and I also know for a fact what MS / Sony power can achieve for small video games company with cool ideas... I just wish the video game world wasn't subject to hardware technicalities :)

As for the PC hardware I didn't mean it's cheap now, but that It will eventually become cheaper (Sorry my english is not that very good I lack practice). I still have my GTX Titan that I got for my old job 2 years ago, and I'm waiting for the 980ti to see If it's worth upgrading. I have some money in my "black box".

And you have one hell of a rig... :)

On a more joyfull note, I'm still excited about playing TW3 tonight at midnight :victory:

I will quote something I said once before;

"Video games are like cheese burgers. When you order a cheese burger in a restraunt, it doesn't always look as good as what was advertised, but all that matters is that it tastes good. It could be the best looking sandwich in the world and that would mean NOTHING if it tasted like ♥♥♥♥.

Gameplay is like taste, it is what matters most in a video game. Games don't always look like their reveals, in fact most often they don't, but what matters is the gameplay. You could have the most graphically amazing game in the world, and and would be nothing if it played like ♥♥♥♥.

Witcher 3 is still a beautiful sandwich, better looking than most on the menu and according to it's high scores, it's gameplay is delicious so grab your bibs, sit down, and feast on adventure!"

Know what I mean?

Last edited:
Top Bottom