Unreleased version of the Killing Monsters main theme available for download!

+
Elder language sounds ancient and mysterious and it fits very nicely. Also, from a musical standpoint, this sounds much more dynamic. Overall, in my opinion, this version is much better.

Thanks for the Download. I think the other (original) soundtrack fits better to the video. Still at the end when the chorus sings this version is a bit louder and this I like more. But before that the full cello solo playing fits better to that cinematic than mixed with the chorus.

I prefer the released version because it lays deeper pain and although the featured vocal is very beautiful, it's going to mess with narrator if inserted to the trailer.

Thanks CDPRED.

Thank You for this awesome song, can`t wait the game, keep up the great work CD Projekt RED!^ :)/>/>

...Btw this song remind me to the HOBBIT: "Misty Mountains" OST (in atmosphere/sounding & quality) & it`s just also cool!^

Great record! What song is it by the way (the text in the Elder speech)?

It definitely resembles the style of the song from the Hobbit (film). Here is an interesting rendition:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=XiuKbcol8Hw
https://soundcloud.com/jcv91/hobbit

Trying to reproduce the text:

Ashki adan an ke
Que kian an ke
Ashki voe terne
Seidhe an ke.

Probably I got most of that wrong. From various sources around:
ashki - ?
adan - dance.
an - indefinite article? (i.e. a, an).
ke - ?
que - what
voe - ?
terne - ?
Seidhe - Elf

Anyone has better ideas how to break up words and translate? Here is a good lexicon I found:
http://www.sapkowski.pl/modules.php?op=modload&name=Companion&file=index&func=slownik

I am not a linguist (although I took some grad classes in phonological analysis and theory of language), but I have some questions.

As far as I know Sapkowski's elven language is very incomplete. Words and sentences were made up to satisfy his literary needs, and not the other way around. So who adds official words to Sapkowski's elven? Have the RED's added any for their own convenience? Has the lyricist created words? If so we might as well never know their meaning, unless he/she kindly provides it to us.

Also, do we have any knowledge of formal grammatical rules of Sapkowski's elven? Or are we just assuming that, due to other similarities, it borrows its grammar from Gaelic or whatever other language it is based on? This could actually simplify things, as all Indoeuropean languages share the same general structure.

And finally, vocabulary and referential words and phrases. Have you guys read any medieval or older literature? Take for instance the literary figures in the Elder Edda. They talk about things we can imagine, like storms and wolves, in ways we have a hard time understanding, because to them they meant something different than what they mean to us. Languages and words are referential, they are not opaque like a sentence in first order logic. Chances are the words and phrases contained in this so far cryptic elven are known to us, but, if the writer was creative enough, these things might as well translate to something wild and chaotic without any concrete meaning (to us).

Just some thoughts. Now let the translation begin :)

I'm used to referential wording, it's actually quite standard for metaphoric or mystic texts. But probably before starting interpretive analysis we need to translate the text literally at least :).

I have no idea about whether Sapkowski developed some formal grammar for Elder speech. I didn't research it. I know in comparison Quenya and Sindarin were quire well developed by Tolkien, and there are good resources on that. Khuzdul wasn't really developed that well unfortunately.

If CDPR added their own custom made words to the song, then we are out of luck :)

Brilliant! Would love an official or unofficial version of the trailer, with the alternate music mixed in.

I love this one, but yeah I can see why they didn't use this as the release one does fit the trailer. And as one already said above, it would kinda mess with the narration, if the trailer was longer or bit different then would have loved to have this one featured

For cgi video first version is better,
but this one(part with singing)
can be anywhere in game -like a variation
or a moment when Geralt is sad or something like that

I like the one that was released. As someone said earlier, the chorus doesn't really fit with the monologue.

Top Bottom