UOKiK will monitor the progress of work on patches. If CDPR fails to deliver they will be fined up to 10% of their income in previous year.

+
Its the time of censor and cancel culture. Good luck to these [...] shateholders when it's pointed out to them that the game released when it did because of them and their vote. But as 2020 and beginning of 2021 have proved you don't need facts or logic to get your way🤷‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:
Another lawsuit has been filed by Levi & Krosinsky LLP on behalf of the shareholders, making it the fourth (or fifth??) in a span of a month. In addition, the Polish Department for the Protection of Competition and Consumer Rights is investigating CD Projekt Red. Things are getting heated. I wonder what will happen in the next few months.

Links:

lawsuit

Investigation
The more you read and hear about it, the more it makes you wonder what on Earth they were thinking when they decided to release the game in the state they did. To me it makes very little sense.

They knew they had a game that people were extremely excited about, even if they had delayed it 6 month or a year, it would have been a massive success. And given them the much needed time to polish it and add some of the missing features.

The Nightwire idea was a very good in keeping people interested in the game during that period of time.

Tbf I care little for 'shareholders'
9 out of 10 times these aren't interestednin the game but just the revenue.
Sharehders (specifically EA club if I recall) were part of the perpetual problem why all this "company diesnt deliver" hassle started.
It have nothing to do with the shareholders, CDPR are interested in people buying their shares as that helps them fund their games.

Doesn't matter if they at the same time want to make some money from it, after all they do actually invest their money in CDPR, so obviously they hope it goes well. And also they are interested in knowing what happens with the money they invested.

But I still don't think that it was the shareholders that forced it to be released, because honestly they lost a lot of money from this, compared to it being a massive success. Given the fact that so many are making lawsuits.

Last edited:
LOL Consumer Protection on a video game. When real consumer protection needs to happen in a lot of other places, like financial products.

This is more of a backlash by the government. If Poland, like Slovakia, has a burgeoning software development industry that is slated to become a key export, then they can't take a black eye having a reputation of pushing out substandard items.

CDPR just landed in the middle of a political s---storm straight out of the CP universe. Doubly ironic.

TL;DR the government could give five s---ts less about a working game - it's all about appearances and future reputation impacts to a national export industry.

True but it also tarnishes the rep of the studio which in turn can and probably will cause a lot of devs to jump ship. I am sure a lot have already left but this will continue. The next announcement at E3 for CDPR will certainly be awkward for them.

It will hurt their rep amongst investors. If it creates issues, it will be when CDPR looks for funding to pay for their next big project.

Last edited:
CDP is a polish company, this is the polish consumer protection department (whatever) and a special circumstance ("suprisingly well"-nope).
I think the constellation is new.

I find that people who get what they want often get what they deserve. This could backfire fir the console cancel crowd. CDPR could get the base consoles playable by removing and cutting more things essentially downgrade the entire game and then drop support all together for the base consoles as it takes too much resources.

LOL Consumer Protection on a video game. When real consumer protection needs to happen in a lot of other places, like financial products.

This is more of a backlash by the government. If Poland, like Slovakia, has a burgeoning software development industry that is slated to become a key export, then they can't take a black eye having a reputation of pushing out substandard items.

CDPR just landed in the middle of a political s---storm straight out of the CP universe. Doubly ironic.

TL;DR the government could give five s---ts less about a working game - it's all about appearances and future reputation impacts to a national export industry.

I find that people who get what they want often get what they deserve. This could backfire fir the console cancel crowd. CDPR could get the base consoles playable by removing and cutting more things essentially downgrade the entire game and then drop support all together for the base consoles as it takes too much resources.
Honestly that would be funny to see at this point. If CDPR did that they would be a contender for the worst game company of all time.

thats the point - the investors pushed the release not cdpr itself
making money on christmas sale was more importend than a finished game
just look who is involved - you can see it at the credits

As true as this might be, investors cannot force a company to release their product.

It was up to CDPR to make them understand the state of the game, what needed to be done and how beneficial it would be to push back yet again. Or at least how bad things would be if they released in order to have them ease up on the pressure.

Ultimately, it's CDPR who chose to go through with this release date.

As for the OP, I doubt they'll get slapped with any fine. As far as I can see, they do have the power to fine them but their stance about CDPR is more that of a watcher. As long as CDPR can provide any proof they're actually working on the patches, they have nothing to worry about.

thats the point - the investors pushed the release not cdpr itself
making money on christmas sale was more importend than a finished game
just look who is involved - you can see it at the credits

Where do you have that information from? Source please.
Because it contradicts the official statement of CDPR;

Senior Vice President of Business Development Michał Nowakowski said that;
"It is more about us looking – as was previously stated – at the PC and next-gen performance rather than current-gen. We definitely did not spend enough time looking at that. I wouldn't say that we felt any external or internal pressure to launch on the date – other than the normal pressure, which is typical for any release. "

source: https://www.techspot.com/news/87979-cdpr-execs-face-tough-questions-unscheduled-investors-call.html

How is censorship and cancel culture anyway relevant here? Or are you just throwing buzzwords around?
I'm sorry have you not been paying attention to what's been going with this game since it's release, to say nothing of during development? You should work on that unless you're purposely ignoring it🤷‍♂️

Where do you have that information from? Source please.
Because it contradicts the official statement of CDPR;

Senior Vice President of Business Development Michał Nowakowski said that;
"It is more about us looking – as was previously stated – at the PC and next-gen performance rather than current-gen. We definitely did not spend enough time looking at that. I wouldn't say that we felt any external or internal pressure to launch on the date – other than the normal pressure, which is typical for any release. "

source: https://www.techspot.com/news/87979-cdpr-execs-face-tough-questions-unscheduled-investors-call.html

I'm pretty certain the investors were applying pressure. It's just an educated guess, of course, but there is no doubt in my mind.

We'll never have any confirmation of that either since they can't throw their investors under the bus like that.

Honestly that would be funny to see at this point. If CDPR did that they would be a contender for the worst game company of all time.
Uh no. Rockstar dropped support for gta online on the base consoles, dcuo dropped support, etc. So long as they get it stable they can wash their hands of it; also i
I'd be highly surprised if they don't 86 the multiplayer for the consoles all together.

Oh hey, another lawsuit with no plaintiff!

Let's keep the doom and gloom bits for when an investor actually steps up. Right now, it's just lawyers seeing a possible big payday and trying to get the ball rolling.

As for the Polish consumer protection. Yeah, they're looking into CDPR. As I've said in the other thread, they're adopting more a "watcher" stance right now. As long as CDPR follows through with it's patches, they have nothing to worry about.

This is a very good thing.

It protects the consumer due to a product that was completly falsely advertised and also helps CDPR in legal terms in case they deliver what they promised with the patches.

I don't know if they will deliver on the patches, I highly doubt it, but at least they will be protected in case they do deliver.

Top Bottom