UOKiK will monitor the progress of work on patches. If CDPR fails to deliver they will be fined up to 10% of their income in previous year.

+
I'm sorry have you not been paying attention to what's been going with this game since it's release, to say nothing of during development? You should work on that unless you're purposely ignoring it🤷‍♂️

I have.
CDPR made a lot of promises, then withold lot of information of game's substance and performance until release. Now people are upset and want to hold CDPR accountable for misleading them.

Who's speech is suppressed?
Who has been cancelled?

I don't admittedly use all my time keeping tabs on this subject, so if I'm missing something, please do enlighten me.

Because investors want stock to drop via releasing totally unfinished game? And then spend the whole 2021 in the court?

Maybe because investors were not aware of the state of the game, CDPR didn't help on that front, and know the holiday period is a big moment for any release. More sales, more money, more dividends. It's financial pressure and it's pretty common.

I'm pretty certain the investors were applying pressure. It's just an educated guess, of course, but there is no doubt in my mind.

We'll never have any confirmation of that either since they can't throw their investors under the bus like that.

If the investors were fully informed that the game did not run stable on consoles then I doubt this.

Maybe because investors were not aware of the state of the game, CDPR didn't help on that front, and know the holiday period is a big moment for any release. More sales, more money, more dividends. It's financial pressure and it's pretty common.
Well, there is only one reason why investors were not aware (if they were not): CDPR hid the information from them.

Well, there is only one reason why investors were not aware (if they were not): CDPR hid the information from them.

That's an entirely different subject and one that has it's own thread.

Let's keep on topic so as to not get this locked.

They were not.

That's pretty obvious by now.

And thus blaming the investors for such a bad release is simply wrong. Of course investors want to see their investment pay off rather sooner than later. That's an issue every company that has shareholders needs to deal with. But this does not excuse releasing a faulty product.

lol , really?
what kind of stupidity is this?
there is no law in the whole wide world that cover this for the gaming industry
cdpr is not making cars or food
they should maybe read the terms - "content can be changing during development "
this made my day
Please dont talk about things you dont have any idea of.
A game is just as much of a product as a car is.

Is this worse than the No Man's Sky debacle? I don't remember actual lawsuits happening for that release.

Did "No Man's Sky" not run properly on consoles at launch?
It's my understanding that this whole UOKIK case is about the bad state of the game on consoles. Not about missing gameplay features.

Is this worse than the No Man's Sky debacle? I don't remember actual lawsuits happening for that release.

That's a hard one to answer.

Personally I'd say, no, NMS' was worse.

The thing is NMS was a much lower profile release. CDPR is a well known publisher with a hugely popular series under it's belt. People jumped on this.

And thus blaming the investors for such a bad release is simply wrong. Of course investors want to see their investment pay off rather sooner than later. That's an issue every company that has shareholders needs to deal with. But this does not excuse releasing a faulty product.

You were asserting that investors had nothing to do with it and I disagree. Investors played a part in this situation. Financial pressure is a very real issue that has lead many companies to make very bad decision.

With that said, as I've already pointed out in this thread, ultimately the blame does fall squarely on CDPR. It was up to them to do what they needed to do in order to make investors understand the game needed to be pushed back again. There is no doubt CDPR is the main culprit but to say investors hold no blame is, in my experience, false.

Then again, it's entirely possible that CDPR has the nicest investors ever and they were all crazy understanding for whatever reason and it's really just CDPR that fucked up.

We'll never know.

Unless it's different in Poland, investors have no voting power which means they have no say which mean whatever cdpr tells them or doesn't tell them is irrelevant. They make and or lose money at the discretion of whom they're invested with.

A lawsuit being filed means nothing. You can file a lawsuit for literally anything. Simply filing one doesn't mean you have ground or your complaints have standing.

Did "No Man's Sky" not run properly on consoles at launch?
It's my understanding that this whole UOKIK case is about the bad state of the game on consoles. Not about missing gameplay features.

Not only on consoles.

Don't forget that the system requirements for the PC version are completly wrong and out of context.

If they "advertised" the game as "you need a 2.5k+ PC in order to run the game like we are showing on our edited videos" it wouldn't sell as much on the pc platform.

It was just lies after lies after lies...

It's the worst debacle in modern gaming period.
Post automatically merged:

management failed, no one else
I'm not a fan of CDPR management right now but CDPR is a team and the whole team takes the blame even if management takes most of it. Management didn't code the game but they did hire the people that did.

I'm not a fan of CDPR management right now but CDPR is a team and the whole team takes the blame even if management takes most of it. Management didn't code the game but they did hire the people that did.

I really want to give you a red point for this, but I disagree with the other post it was merged into. The dilemma is real.

jokes asides, this. It's ok to be angry at management, they fucked up, we all know it. Even they know it. There is a lot of talented people at CDPR though and I'd rather they keep their job and get a chance to improve things than wish for CDPR to disappear into nothingness.

Kudos to the UOKiK then. i really want this game fixed so bad so there is nothing else that breaking immersion or game.

thats the point - the investors pushed the release not cdpr itself
making money on christmas sale was more importend than a finished game
just look who is involved - you can see it at the credits

stop this; nobody pushed them to do anything; ONLY cdpr pushed themselves to release it unfinished:
stop making it sound like "cd projekt red" is the victim; they aren't!

"coming: when it's ready" <---- this is on them, not on us

Its sad but im glad that sony and other institutions go after cdpr ...
How often games are releasing in such a bad state and the mob is raising the pitchforks.
But it did never change anything so far.

Now it has come to the point where games are released in an state of pure unplayability and cdpr tryed to spread out the fire to other corporations (xbox, sony)
And sony simply said: You know what? I close that market with 110Mio possible buyers because thats not my wildfire.

Its hilarious folks STILL believe cdpr would care for their fans.
You can only hurt them by cutting off those sweet sales.
Now even the government jumps on the hypetrain on cdpr.

The worse it gets the better for the consumer.
Game publisher now see they cant get away with everything.

Its sad that it hits cdpr ... But thats their own fault.

Edit: And dont lose hope, other devs are already at the ready picking up the crown from cdpr.
Looking at you larian studios or owlcat.

Top Bottom