UOKiK will monitor the progress of work on patches. If CDPR fails to deliver they will be fined up to 10% of their income in previous year.

+
I don't think this is a gaming industry thing tho.. its a consumer protection.. right now Cyberpunk 2077 is a broken product & false promises so it needs patches ASAP.. i guess this is the play of investors too push CDPR in a corner... personally i don't know if its good hopefully they don't pressure CDPR too much, while kinda threatening 10% of income in previous year. lets be honest CDPR management board brought this all on themselves.. if they had stick with their own promise at the beginning " coming : when its ready " then all of this would have never happened... oh well lets hope the best future for CDPR... first large patch will show us how exactly CDPR will approach cyberpunk.
Things could be worse because I read an article on Google news stating that the Jan/Feb updates may not occur and will be extended to late spring/summer. I wish CDPR would come out and give us something on this, whether it's true or not, just something. I just posted about my experience taking a few weeks off as my initial experience on Xbox One X was awful. I decided to try again and restarted the game, 6 hrs later last night and not a single issue, none, weird.

Despite everything, I hope CDPR pulls through this.

I just hope all these lawsuits, investigation and general shitstorm scares them straight from this hubris they had with Cyberpunk development and marketing.
I think nobody here is feeling schadenfreude over this.

We all want CDPR to make it through these hard times.

But we still need to critizise them, where we need to, because that's the only way they learn. We are all fans here, who care. Otherwise, we would simply not post here.

CDPR has the ball and they need to play it. They need to finish this game and make sure that the story is properly finished, the game is polished, bugs squished and mechanics refined.

Even though we are fans, we expect a certain level of quality, we know they can deliver. If they make promises and advertise this game as the next generation of RPGs, it better be the next generation of RPGs.

Its sad but im glad that sony and other institutions go after cdpr ...
How often games are releasing in such a bad state and the mob is raising the pitchforks.
But it did never change anything so far.

Now it has come to the point where games are released in an state of pure unplayability and cdpr tryed to spread out the fire to other corporations (xbox, sony)
And sony simply said: You know what? I close that market with 110Mio possible buyers because thats not my wildfire.

Its hilarious folks STILL believe cdpr would care for their fans.
You can only hurt them by cutting off those sweet sales.
Now even the government jumps on the hypetrain on cdpr.

The worse it gets the better for the consumer.
Game publisher now see they cant get away with everything.

Its sad that it hits cdpr ... But thats their own fault.

It is good a thing that a Government body steps in and supervises the delivery of the patches. This should become the a norm in the gaming industry, so no more sloppy products get shipped. Gaming studios can't keep getting away with this kind of practices.

It's ok to be angry at management, they fucked up, we all know it. Even they know it. There is a lot of talented people at CDPR though and I'd rather they keep their job and get a chance to improve things than wish for CDPR to disappear into nothingness.
It's ok to disagree, in fact it shows we're not yet mindless robots...we still have our humanity! I'm thankful for that always as it gives me a chance to speak and a reason to do so. If we always agree, my voice would be meaningless.

As for your point above though, we're in total agreement. I've been highly critical and will continue to be until I'm given a reason not to be. That said, I don't want any heads served up on a platter either. I want redemption and I want to be able to enjoy playing the game I followed for eight years and I think that's what most people want.

It's funny, because this whole debacle is extra embarrassing, because they for a good while said this with such a pride.
"Coming when it's ready"

They tried so hard to build this reputation as these pro-consumer good guys.
Now here we are.

exactly... it's their fault
yet you see people who try to defend cdpr;
defending them is to encourage their behaviours:

i'll overlook this if they "no-man-sky" the game;
but judging by how rotten this all is; i doubt they even care, they got the money;
(by lying about the state of the game, which should tell you alot about how they have changed)

Can anyone point to this organizations stance on selling products to children that gets them addicted to gambling?

If they take this stance on CP2077 im sure the other practices should make for some good reading

Can anyone point to this organizations stance on selling products to children that gets them addicted to gambling?

If they take this stance on CP2077 im sure the other practices should make for some good reading

what does gambling have to do with cp2077?

Things could be worse because I read an article on Google news stating that the Jan/Feb updates may not occur and will be extended to late spring/summer. I wish CDPR would come out and give us something on this, whether it's true or not, just something. I just posted about my experience taking a few weeks off as my initial experience on Xbox One X was awful. I decided to try again and restarted the game, 6 hrs later last night and not a single issue, none, weird.

Lets hope that's false, CDPR is already very silent with their own community which is of course unexpected... before cyberpunk 2077 release CDPR was all over the place promoting cyberpunk 2077 now they vanished into thin air sadly :(.
so many people don't want too realize how bad this is for CDPR.

Lets hope that's false, CDPR is already very silent with their own community which is of course unexpected... before cyberpunk 2077 release CDPR was all over the place promoting cyberpunk 2077 now they vanished into thin air sadly :(.

they are going radio silence due to law-suits
(not to mention, they don't want to stur up the pot anymore, hence why they immediately debunked that dev leak aswell)

It's a bit diferent.

Kids shouldn't have a credit card or ways to pay for loot boxes, because you know, they are kids and they do not work.

If they have access to money, or their parents money in this case, it falls to the parents to supervise this situation.

There are many many ways to lock money content on games on any platform. It falls to the parents to be more responsible.

I hope you understand that I am not defending loot boxes, but yet explaining it to you why this comparrison it's diferent in terms of legal matters.

defending them is to encourage their behaviours
download (5).gif

what does gambling have to do with cp2077?
Nothing, i'd like to read there stance on a game like fifa, marketed to 3+ year olds and possibly having the effects of getting them addicted to gambling through there Ultimate team.

I mean if there willing to take such a stance to protect the consumer from a lying borked, buggy launch, i'd say there stance on protecting children from a game that has shown to destroy families, bankrupt individuals and get ppl hooked on gambling should make for a interesting and damning read, wouldn't you?

He's referring to the alleged "dev leak" that's been confirmed to be fake by CDPR themselves.

As it stands, the date for the patches is still January/February.

IMO it's much more likely than what the leak alleges. These patches will be bug fixes/optimization to get the game working on last gen. Thus getting rid of the lawsuits and getting back onto the Playstation store. They can't wait 6 months for that.

It's a bit diferent.

Kids shouldn't have a credit card or ways to pay for loot boxes, because you know, they are kids and they do not work.

If they have access to money, or their parents money in this case, it falls to the parents to supervise this situation.

There are many many ways to lock money content on games on any platform. It falls to the parents to be more responsible.

I hope you understand that I am not defending loot boxes, but yet explaining it to you why this comparrison it's diferent in terms of legal matters.
Kids shouldn't do alot of things but they do and ppl, government, parents realise that, thats why protection is put in place

Im also not defending CP2077 launch, i just think there stance on protecting the consumer would make good reading ih other areas

He's referring to the alleged "dev leak" that's been confirmed to be fake by CDPR themselves.

As it stands, the date for the patches is still January/February.

IMO it's much more likely than what the leak alleges. These patches will be bug fixes/optimization to get the game working on last gen. Thus getting rid of the lawsuits and getting back onto the Playstation store. They can't wait 6 months for that.

the reason they denied the leak is because it's false,
and cd projekt red don't want people to be hyped up, only for that hype to fall into dissapointment (when it turns out to be actually false)

this is why they denied the leak
in other words, cdpr will only focus on bugfixes

the reason they denied the leak is because it's false,
and cd projekt red don't want people to be hyped up, only for that hype to fall into dissapointment (when it turns out to be actually false)

this is why they denied the leak
in other words, cdpr will only focus on bugfixes

No, the only reason they've denied it is because there are lawsuits pending and the last thing they need are rumors spreading around regardless of their veracity.

Otherwise, they would have ignored the rumors as they've done in the past.

No, the only reason they've denied it is because there are lawsuits pending and the last thing they need are rumors spreading around regardless of their veracity.

Otherwise, they would have ignored the rumors as they've done in the past.
so if the rumors are true, they are lying, again? xD

Kids shouldn't do alot of things but they do and ppl, government, parents realise that, thats why protection is put in place

Im also not defending CP2077 launch, i just think there stance on protecting the consumer would make good reading ih other areas

I completly understand your stance, trust me I do.

But I just don't see them (the parents) winning anything in rerms of legal matters, when the defense will just say.. "why do you gave them access to in game money purchases? Isn't this your fault?".

This guy's are sharks, that's what they are paid to be.

I just hope that all of this situation with CP serves as a much needed turning point in the video games industry.

And in the end, that CP2077 ends up being what we all want it to be. We are all here (in our own ways) trying to push forward the quality of the game.

Top Bottom