UOKiK will monitor the progress of work on patches. If CDPR fails to deliver they will be fined up to 10% of their income in previous year.

+
I strongly doubt that. The sales figures were too good for that. Of course CDPR will try to sell us DLCs.

This "promised" game that everyone is always talking about never existed and never will exist.

It is an illusion, fed by the expectations of the players and the advertising of CDPR.

my expectations were ruined, and i had incredibly low expectations (barebones... as in, i expected the game to have the features they advertized)

and i'm guessing alot of people did aswell;
hence the outrage;
and this has caused me to have no expectations at all now; as in
i don't expect them to fix the game at all, aside from bugs and glitches
the game you have now, it's considered complete

Again another example in my mind
lol , really?
what kind of stupidity is this?
there is no law in the whole wide world that cover this for the gaming industry
cdpr is not making cars or food
they should maybe read the terms - "content can be changing during development "
this made my day

This . In my mind this whole thing is being blown out of proportion including "the missing features and "false advertising rants"

Last edited:
Great news, CDPR has no choice but to deliver these patches now that they got the UOKiK down their back.

The troubles with the premiere of Cyberpunk 2077 do not end. As it turns out, the game's premiere even interested UOKiK.

While in the case of PC versions, the ratings for Cyberpunk 2077 are good or even very good (despite visible errors), the console versions proved to be very disappointing. For some people it was even unplayable, so there were a lot of players asking for returns, and Sony even decided to remove the game from PlayStation Store. Additionally, due to problems with the game, CD Projekt Red stock price falls which resulted in class actions against the company. Now the UOKiK is also interested in Cyberpunk problems.

Dziennik Gazeta Prawna was the first to inform about it. Małgorzata Cieloch, the spokesperson of the UOKiK, explained the scope of control. As she stated, it is primarily a matter of checking the progress of work on the promised patches, which should make the console versions of the game playable.

At this point, it is difficult to conclude whether CD Projekt will be punished. The decision, in this case, will depend on what explanations the representatives of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection will hear in these cases. The company will certainly not underestimate this, as the UOKiK president's decision may result in a fine of up to 10% of the annual revenue. This is of course the worst scenario from CD Projekt's point of view.

We will probably hear more about the case. Let us remind you that despite a lot of confusion and problems, the sale of Cyberpunk 2077 is performing very well. After 10 days from the release, the game has found 13 million buyers, now the result is probably much higher.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (and copied from reddit)
Is this about just the performance issues or does it include the vast amounts of cut content?

This is a nothing burger. It's a given they're going to work on patching the game. They need to to redeem their reputation and get it back on the Sony Store.

Just relocate to the United States and you'll be good. No consumer protections to speak of and certainly not in the gaming industry.

Your required adherence to consumer protection laws is based on the countries you sell your products in not where you are headquartered.
If an American company wants to sell their products in the UK, EU or anywhere else in the world with strong consumer protection laws they have to comply with those requirements.

But overall CDPR needs to open a UK or US studio if they actually want to develop AAA titles, Poland is nice when you need relatively cheap labor, but it's not exactly the hotbed for game developers neither in Europe not to mention globally nor is it particularly high on anyone's list of relocation destinations.

sooo - in this case ,it means, i can go to this organisation in poland and sue ea, bethesda ,ubisoft etc for not keeping their promises? - like "this weapon was blue in trailer and now is it green"?
:D :D

ahahahahha this
Post automatically merged:

First patch might not be accurate though, there's only so much they can do in a short time. If they could've fixed this game in a month then they could've just delayed this game by 1 month and avoid all this BS. Why throw away all your reputation, goodwill and risk lawsuits if you could just delay game by 1 month and be okay.

hmmm I wonder why they'd risk it?

sooo - in this case ,it means, i can go to this organisation in poland and sue ea, bethesda ,ubisoft etc for not keeping their promises? - like "this weapon was blue in trailer and now is it green"?
:D :D

Wild dude, I would say the issues are a little more comprehensive and serious than weapons being a different color.

What about the numerous bugs (I'm on PC with a good system and every time I've tried to play I see somebody floating, things flying around, NPC's going through walls, etc.), the obviously cut content, the horribly broken AI, the lack of anything to do outside mission structure, etc?

It is an honest shame that some people can't see it, but I'm very glad that consumers are finally pushing back enough to bring this kind of attention to those who have earned it.

Wild dude, I would say the issues are a little more comprehensive and serious than weapons being a different color.

What about the numerous bugs (I'm on PC with a good system and every time I've tried to play I see somebody floating, things flying around, NPC's going through walls, etc.), the obviously cut content, the horribly broken AI, the lack of anything to do outside mission structure, etc?

It is an honest shame that some people can't see it, but I'm very glad that consumers are finally pushing back enough to bring this kind of attention to those who have earned it.
Can confirm. The bugs are hilarious, they so many. The performance the same.

lol , really?
there is no law in the whole wide world that cover this for the gaming industry
cdpr is not making cars or food
they should maybe read the terms - "content can be changing during development "
this made my day
[/QUOTE}

here in the US we got the same Bullshit called the CFPB, which is the consumer protection bureau. The other thing is, The Polish Gov has invested into CDPR. So actually its not really stupid, seems like the gov of Poland is protecting their investment

But does CDPR see bad AI as a bug? From my understanding the lawsuits aren't about broken promises, shareholders just want to have the game playable on consoles for the sweet money rain.

ya1

Forum regular
lol , really?

They sold a faulty product. Faulty to the point the the (very generously compensated) distributor decided to stop selling it. Moreover, they achieved very high sales all based on misleading advertising. There are actually laws on how much you can lie in ads and about what. Apparently, they might have broken some of them. Also, they obstructed the press from giving consumers reliable reviews.

There are law suits, and frankly I'd sign up for one too if I was a PS4 owner who was tricked into buying this (or owned CDPR stock). I'm high end PC, few bugs after 1.05 and good performance, and I still think the game is pretty but kinda crap. It's not stupidity. There are actually legal limits to how much you can screw over people you sell stuff to.

Top Bottom