Upcoming changes for the next Journey

+
  • The well-rested bonus doubles your first 14 CP earned through round wins and resets every day.
An improvement would be when the "well-rested bonus" adds up every day even when it would mean that the bonus is a bit lower for example +10 every day.
With the reset you are kind of forced to play every day.

An improvement would be when the "well-rested bonus" adds up every day even when it would mean that the bonus is a bit lower for example +10 every day.
With the reset you are kind of forced to play every day.

lol... :coolstory:
...well, that's one of the reasons if not the main one imo that the rest boost exists, to keep you coming back at least once per day and play thus increasing the game's activity and lessen the waiting time one has to spend on que waiting for another player to show up.
In other words it's a system to give you incetive to play, i don't think it was solely implemented just to give free bonus rewards.

"You scratch my back i'll scratch yours" :howdy:

Cheers !

Last edited:
It's great that this change is being communicated, but I still think, it's not as generous as it could be – at least for more casual players like me. I made a thread about it (and how to change it), if you're interested.

I hope the way they make Ciri look is much less clownesque than what they did with Geralt.
To each their own and all, but seeing Geralt with sunglasses and a winter outfit wielding a frying pan commanding a bunch of Monsters.. not a fan of the aesthetic

"Homecoming will bring back a darker aesthetic and mood, more in sync with the original Witcher lore."
12.4.2018, GWENT HOMECOMING — an Open Letter from Marcin Iwiński and the development team

Why not offer the possibility to buy the pass with an in-game currency, which can be bought and re-earned afterwards if you progress enough into the pass (journey), like other passes do (example Rocket League or Call of Duty)?

Why not offer the possibility to buy the pass with an in-game currency, which can be bought and re-earned afterwards if you progress enough into the pass (journey), like other passes do (example Rocket League or Call of Duty)?

Most likely because long time players have hoarded a lot of in-game currency (ore, scraps, reward points).

Unless there is going to be a way in which the first Journey returns / gets rotated / appears in the shop, will those of us who didn't have access to it still have these contracts on our profiles? It's very disheartening to see so many contracts that cannot be completed because we didn't have the first Journey pass.

Lexor

Forum veteran
@EvanDavidson, @Lokiat0r: well-rested bonus works but it is visually bugged since 4 months.

To do a "manual fix" to the counter you need to play a match, win at least one round and then restart the game.

To be able to see the "real" amount of bonus crowns left you need to repeat this procedure on every new day

@EvanDavidson, @Lokiat0r: well-rested bonus works but it is visually bugged since 4 months.

To do a "manual fix" to the counter you need to play a match, win at least one round and then restart the game.

To be able to see the "real" amount of bonus crowns left you need to repeat this procedure on every new day
Thank you. Seems a little ridiculous on CDPR's part that this bug has been out there for that long.

Lexor

Forum veteran
Thank you. Seems a little ridiculous on CDPR's part that this bug has been out there for that long.
This bug is just the tip of the whole iceberg of the current UI bugs which are not fixed and I doubt they will be. A few examples:

- there is a wrong picture of player's rank on starting page of the game, on the page after match and often in player's profile,
- card with Arena is often colorless (but it's still active) in the main game menu,
- player's avatar/frame is smaller than it should be in player's profile (to see its correct size change avatar/frame),
- player's title has only capital letters,
- game mode is reverted to classic one every time player finishes the match (so painful when we want to play only seasonal mode),
- when we enter Reward Book for the first time, all its bookmarks on the right side of the screen have crown icons,
- when we enter Deck Builder for the first time, our prestige level has always prestige 0 flag in the background,
- cards in our deck are often represented by wrong images in the Deck Builder,
- there is no fan in Anna Henrietta's hand on the screen which presents both leaders before match,
- icons after match with player's journey / XP levels often have green arrow up - even when there is no bonus at all.

This bug is just the tip of the whole iceberg of the current UI bugs which are not fixed and I doubt they will be. A few examples:

- there is a wrong picture of player's rank on starting page of the game, on the page after match and often in player's profile,
- card with Arena is often colorless (but it's still active) in the main game menu,
- player's avatar/frame is smaller than it should be in player's profile (to see its correct size change avatar/frame),
- game mode is reverted to classic one every time player finishes the match (so painful when we want to play only seasonal mode),
- when we enter Reward Book for the first time, all its bookmarks on the right side of the screen have crown icons,
- when we enter Deck Builder for the first time, our prestige level has always prestige 0 flag in the background,
- there is no fan in Anna Henrietta's hand on the screen which presents both leaders before match,
- icons after match with player's journey / XP levels often have green arrow up - even when there is no bonus at all.
I've noticed most of these myself, but seeing them all listed in one post... wow!

Maybe everyone should start making support tickets for these various graphical issues. So far, I've only made formal complaints about major bugs that either directly affected gameplay or else prevented me from earning rewards, but the list of minor issues is really getting out of hand.

- Rank 3 puzzle, in the "Play" menu is broken (looks as if it's upside down)
- After reaching Pro Rank and relogging, your rank icon is replaced with an incomplete puzzle instead of the crown

Last edited:
lol... :coolstory:
...well, that's one of the reasons if not the main one imo that the rest boost exists, to keep you coming back at least once per day and play thus increasing the game's activity and lessen the waiting time one has to spend on que waiting for another player to show up.
In other words it's a system to give you incetive to play, i don't think it was solely implemented just to give free bonus rewards.

"You scratch my back i'll scratch yours" :howdy:

Cheers !

Nah, I'd prefer it if you could not login for days, weeks or months at a time but when you do, you've got a truckload of gold and cards and shards which make it worthwhile to play a bit more after you craft new cards or create new decks. But I see your point.

Sorry to dig this up but I would like to reply here rather than create a new one.

The current Ciri Journey is going to finish in next couple weeks from now and the next journey will start immediately without a break like last Journey. Maybe it's a good time to review what we like or provide some constructive feedback which CDPR might take away and implement in the future of Journey.

I'd like to start with 3 topics here first:
1. The issue about grinding which some players can archive the level 175
2. the benefit of premium pass other than cosmetic
3. during journey, there is no event and make the whole grinding seems flat.

1. grinding issues
- is it possible to make it shorter or
- less cp per level
- or more well rested bonus

2. premium pass benefit
- after level 100, it seems the benefit between premium pass and free pass are not much different.
- is it possible to have some perks for premium pass e.g. 15% xp bonus, +5-10 resources to the daily login reward. I do not sure this minor reward sound attractive or not
- or 4rp / level for premium pass after certain level while 2 rp/level for free is a decent benefit.
- or what's about well rested bonus can stack for a week and reset at the same time when new quest comes.
- last but not least, premium pass discount when buy old ornaments in shupe's shop. (old Gwent Open stuffs back to the shop maybe?)

3. no event.
- during Geralt Journey I believe there is a event (not the Guanter's one) but during Ciri I doubt that there will be any.
- maybe add extra event during weekend which give extra cp and players can catch up what they left behind.

Anyone have any idea to add?

DRK3

Forum veteran
Sorry to dig this up but I would like to reply here rather than create a new one.

The current Ciri Journey is going to finish in next couple weeks from now and the next journey will start immediately without a break like last Journey. Maybe it's a good time to review what we like or provide some constructive feedback which CDPR might take away and implement in the future of Journey.

I'd like to start with 3 topics here first:
1. The issue about grinding which some players can archive the level 175
2. the benefit of premium pass other than cosmetic
3. during journey, there is no event and make the whole grinding seems flat.

1. grinding issues
- is it possible to make it shorter or
- less cp per level
- or more well rested bonus

2. premium pass benefit
- after level 100, it seems the benefit between premium pass and free pass are not much different.
- is it possible to have some perks for premium pass e.g. 15% xp bonus, +5-10 resources to the daily login reward. I do not sure this minor reward sound attractive or not
- or 4rp / level for premium pass after certain level while 2 rp/level for free is a decent benefit.
- or what's about well rested bonus can stack for a week and reset at the same time when new quest comes.
- last but not least, premium pass discount when buy old ornaments in shupe's shop. (old Gwent Open stuffs back to the shop maybe?)

3. no event.
- during Geralt Journey I believe there is a event (not the Guanter's one) but during Ciri I doubt that there will be any.
- maybe add extra event during weekend which give extra cp and players can catch up what they left behind.

Anyone have any idea to add?

I just want to comment on the events part of your post:

On the past years the dev team has put some sort of event in Gwent during Halloween and Christmas, so its likely we'll get some event or bonus at the end of this month, then on December.

Top Bottom