Update 1.6 edge runner unable to load Game

+
Hey Everyone, not sure how to fix this. Since the launch of 1.6 yesterday I keep getting the following error when I try to load the game from GOG 2.0

"cyberpunk 2077 encountered an error caused by a corrupted or missing scripts file and will not be forced to close please verify integrity of game files for cyberpunk 2077 before the next launch."

So far I've tried:
- verifying game
- reinstalling game
- running as admin, no AV should be stopping it from running

I did have mods prior to 1.6 installed but the reinstall I removed them before reinstalling. Not sure if there is a specific file I need to edit or remove to get back into the game.

My advice would be to do a clean reinstall.

Uninstall, go to your install path and delete the entire CP2077 folder. Then do the same in the AppData folder. Chances are you didn't get all of the files. This would ensure you did. Then reinstall.

Hey Everyone, not sure how to fix this. Since the launch of 1.6 yesterday I keep getting the following error when I try to load the game from GOG 2.0

"cyberpunk 2077 encountered an error caused by a corrupted or missing scripts file and will not be forced to close please verify integrity of game files for cyberpunk 2077 before the next launch."

So far I've tried:
- verifying game
- reinstalling game
- running as admin, no AV should be stopping it from running

I did have mods prior to 1.6 installed but the reinstall I removed them before reinstalling. Not sure if there is a specific file I need to edit or remove to get back into the game.
Try to delete the game folder and the eventual leftovers in GoG prior to reinstalling. You can just relocate your mods elsewhere prior to deletion. But start the game first without mods to see if it actually works.

Maybe try to launch game without GOG Galaxy. Go to \GOG Galaxy\Games\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64 and try to launch game from there. I had a lot of issues with launcher. Now when I play game without launcher everything works fine. And yes, first try to play game without mods.

@GrimReaper801 i am having the same issue. Where can i find the *appData* folder in the directory?

Typically "C:Users/*your username*/AppData".

You may have to turn on hidden items to see it. Here is a link on how to do that on Win 7 through 10. On Win 11 you have a "view" drop down menu so "view -> show -> hidden tiems"

Then CP2077's folder is located in "Local/CD Projekt Red"

I just signed up to say that I had the same issue and what solved it was deleting the "r6" directory and letting Steam's integrity checker download only those files again and NOT 70+ GB!! :D

Top Bottom