Update 3.2 is live!

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

Update 3.2 is now available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One! With this update we started rolling out leader ability branding, introduced GWENT Observer our first Twitch extension for streamers, and made some changes to existing factions!
Full list of changes is available here.
If you want to check out our patch overview be sure to watch the video below!

Calling it now. NG is going to dominate this season. You heard it here first folks.

Edit: Oh and without having played it yet I am also calling that Yennefer's Invocation is extremely broken and will be nerfed in the next patch. Enjoy.

Last edited:
  • RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Hehehe. The patch just came out yet there are already Usurper players. I guess these are the [ . . . ] netdeckers who doesn't have any decks to copy yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Hehehe. The patch just came out yet there are already Usurper players. I guess these are the [ . . . ] netdeckers who doesn't have any decks to copy yet.

Hey now. Usurper is just a no brainer. You don't have to worry about powerful leaders. Just turn them off and stack your deck with powerful cards like that newish one which takes your opponents card and puts it on top of your own deck. If I have nothing else to play I have one of those decks waiting for me as well. Blame the devs if you don't like it.

I hope this new patch brings things more into line, I'm going to give it one more chance. I look forward to brewing up some SK self damage decks with that Svalblod Priest change.

Or, it's possible people are testing out the field by limiting the variables at play as new decks are developed. What do you think "net decks" are? They're the result of testing and streamlining. It's not like the devs release a set of best decks.

Amusingly, I find that people that complain most about things like net decking are the ones that cannot actually adapt to a changing meta and instead opt to blame their losses on the fact that they totally, intentionally use an underpowered deck to demonstrate their skill, rather than just incompetence. Not pointing any fingers. Just making a casual observation as a veteran ccg player.

Usurper's ability is so blatantly unbalanced that it is simply absurd, ridiculous nonsense that the ability has not been changed with priority in these balance patches. CDPR, could you please explain how Usurper denying Gernichora 15 - 20 points per game for just one provision less does not need urgent change? Talking about seeing some leaders rarely. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Usurper's ability is so blatantly unbalanced that it is simply absurd, ridiculous nonsense that the ability has not been changed with priority in these balance patches.

Usurper is only one thing on a list of stuff.

I actually hope Usurper is like 90% of this meta just so there is a big enough out cry that they finally do something.

Amusingly, I find that people that complain most about things like net decking are the ones that cannot actually adapt to a changing meta and instead opt to blame their losses on the fact that they totally, intentionally use an underpowered deck to demonstrate their skill, rather than just incompetence. Not pointing any fingers. Just making a casual observation as a veteran ccg player.

This is somewhat true especially for creative players that wants to explore. There's only two reasons that I can think of: players are tired of losing to meta decks or players are tired of redundant decks throughout the season.
Personally, i never had any problem in any meta. In fact my Eist and Svalblod decks, which i used to dominate the top 3 meta decks last season, remained the same this patch. It might even become meta this time. :shrug:

This is somewhat true especially for creative players that wants to explore. There's only two reasons that I can think of: players are tired of losing to meta decks or players are tired of redundant decks throughout the season.
Personally, i never had any problem in any meta. In fact my Eist and Svalblod decks, which i used to dominate the top 3 meta decks last season, remained the same this patch. It might even become meta this time. :shrug:

The thing is, you cannot balance around creative. Think of the balance point like a game of chess: Both players are playing the exact same "deck" so that what decides the winner and loser is skill (ignoring the rock/paper/scissors approach this game has). So trying to balance chess around the dudes who get hang out in the garage drinking and throw in pieces from Candyland isn't reasonable. It may be fun, but it's better to let them dictate their own balance point (which is the unranked option).

I've been trying and failing to make a Bran discard/reanimator deck work since I've started. I have fun with it, but it's not very viable. Although, I bet the new Sigrdrifa's Rite will be amazing with Olaf and Champion. On the other hand, I've only played for 2 months and I made it to pro rank this season with Ardal. I'm not sure if that's a significant achievement, but I think it demonstrates the difference between play skill and deck building. I could have the best possible Bran discard deck, but because of the balancing it may never be competitive; there's always going to be a top tier of decks, and that needs to be the major balance point.

The thing is, you cannot balance around creative. Think of the balance point like a game of chess: Both players are playing the exact same "deck" so that what decides the winner and loser is skill (ignoring the rock/paper/scissors approach this game has). So trying to balance chess around the dudes who get hang out in the garage drinking and throw in pieces from Candyland isn't reasonable. It may be fun, but it's better to let them dictate their own balance point (which is the unranked option).

I've been trying and failing to make a Bran discard/reanimator deck work since I've started. I have fun with it, but it's not very viable. Although, I bet the new Sigrdrifa's Rite will be amazing with Olaf and Champion. On the other hand, I've only played for 2 months and I made it to pro rank this season with Ardal. I'm not sure if that's a significant achievement, but I think it demonstrates the difference between play skill and deck building. I could have the best possible Bran discard deck, but because of the balancing it may never be competitive; there's always going to be a top tier of decks, and that needs to be the major balance point.

There's almost no reason to play Bran. They keep on nerfing Bran package. He used to be the tempo king but Svalblod and Eist have bigger tempo right now.

Bran died when they nerfed discard package, and now they completely massacred bearmasters. Ressurect Bran is also dead because of nerf on best res targets and cerys rework.

Good lord the starting match screen... This is meme level of bad looking.

These 3d models are clearly not made to be looked at frome close-up... I sense a huge balcklash and meme shitposting about this. And for once I am going to agree with the community...

There's almost no reason to play Bran. They keep on nerfing Bran package. He used to be the tempo king but Svalblod and Eist have bigger tempo right now.

Bran died when they nerfed discard package, and now they completely massacred bearmasters. Ressurect Bran is also dead because of nerf on best res targets and cerys rework.

Yeah, I was just thinking: Sigrdrifa's got really good for him, but they just nerfed An Craite Marauder, last patch they made Savage Bear a worse discard target, Cerys is no longer a free discard, etc. He's so close to being a good tempo leader. I had even experimented with a Shupe build because of his great filtering. He can't thin to 0 with only 1 of each card, but he can see all 25 cards, except for draws when Brina/Coral/Skald are all at the bottom.

Usurper keeps being the antifun tumor of this game.

We have barerly 3 days of experimenting fun before pros flood the game with meta decks and people that clearly do not Enjoy playing gwent are already out doing basically nothing with Usurper. Great ability.

Thank you!

This basically. PRO players and youtube are bad for the game experience. You can't do well without net-decking. Nice to ST gets some help.

This basically. PRO players and youtube are bad for the game experience. You can't do well without net-decking. Nice to ST gets some help.

I wouldn`t agree at all.

The last Season felt from my perspective quite bad because two decks were to dominant (Foltest and DJ). But that`s not really related to streams, it was quite obvious and sadly changed only end of the Season.

The Seasons before you could successfully play in Pro-Rank without any NetDecks. Especially outside of tournaments you can easily make use of surprising other players with unexpected cards.

"Net decks" represent the logical conclusion of putting manpower into testing and refining decks. One guy spending 3 weeks perfecting a deck will likely come to the same end result as a team of 5 guys grinding it for a week. Metagames exist no matter what; it doesn't detract from the game just because communication over the internet speeds up the discovery process. And, in fact, it is more likely that you will see a healthier metagame as more people come together and focus on countering the top tier decks and essentially adding more options that might not be obvious to a homebrew player.

I used to play with a pro MtG team (as a grinder, not a tournament player) and that's literally all it is. We homebrew until we see something with potential or we modify existing archetypes, then we play over and over until the deck is optimized.

That is taking it too far.

Any game has a natural meta, it's not developers nor youtubers fault if that happens. At least we are lucky enough that we have constant updates

Any game has a natural meta, it's not developers nor youtubers fault if that happens.

That means that for "normal" players, the fun of experimenting and optimizing decks is significantly reduced. When very soon after a patch your deck gets smashed by a bunch of netdeckers with fully optimized decks copied from pro's and/or streamers who spend 10 hours per day on the game, where's the fun? And what to do, netdeck as well? That doesn't sound like a natural meta to me, unless the new "natural" is netdecking. If you consider building and optimizing your own decks an essential part of the competitive game, you can even go so far as saying that netdecking is a form of cheating.

Top Bottom