Update 3.2 is live!

+
That means that for "normal" players, the fun of experimenting and optimizing decks is significantly reduced. When very soon after a patch your deck gets smashed by a bunch of netdeckers with fully optimized decks copied from pro's and/or streamers who spend 10 hours per day on the game, where's the fun? And what to do, netdeck as well? That doesn't sound like a natural meta to me, unless the new "natural" is netdecking. If you consider building and optimizing your own decks an essential part of the competitive game, you can even go so far as saying that netdecking is a form of cheating.

This is just rationalizing the fact that you don't like losing. Nothing stops you from building the decks you want and having fun with them.

You're just complaining that others aren't following the arbitrary rules you have put forth; how long an I supposed to experiment with decks before I'm allowed to have an optimized deck? Furthermore, other people enjoy testing their play skill by using optimized decks against other optimized decks. But I guess those people are just having bad-wrong fun.

This basically. PRO players and youtube are bad for the game experience. You can't do well without net-decking. Nice to ST gets some help.

How exactly can a CCG exist without pro players? Also netdecks will exist whether pro players exist or not. Net decks will exist whether youtube exists or not.
Post automatically merged:

That means that for "normal" players, the fun of experimenting and optimizing decks is significantly reduced. When very soon after a patch your deck gets smashed by a bunch of netdeckers with fully optimized decks copied from pro's and/or streamers who spend 10 hours per day on the game, where's the fun? And what to do, netdeck as well? That doesn't sound like a natural meta to me, unless the new "natural" is netdecking. If you consider building and optimizing your own decks an essential part of the competitive game, you can even go so far as saying that netdecking is a form of cheating.

If the game is balanced well there is nothing to stop someone from optimizing their own decks and doing well. I have at least three decks right now that I made myself, mostly just tweaking from previous good decks from the past.

This is just rationalizing the fact that you don't like losing. Nothing stops you from building the decks you want and having fun with them.

You're just complaining that others aren't following the arbitrary rules you have put forth; how long an I supposed to experiment with decks before I'm allowed to have an optimized deck? Furthermore, other people enjoy testing their play skill by using optimized decks against other optimized decks. But I guess those people are just having bad-wrong fun.
Wow, quite a jump to wrong conclusions you make there. Losing? Rules I put forth? Jeez. Just try seeing it from a different perspective. I understand where Mr_Mugglez is coming from (regarding the streamers, not the pro-players). If you enjoy the journey of building and optimizing your decks, it may not be much fun to see the best optimized decks out there in the media and subsequently net-decked against you very soon after patch, skewing the meta. Especially unfun if there are only a few OP decks like last season. I wouldn't call a quickly skewed (net-decked) meta natural, even though it is the new normal with the streamers and deck library.
If the game is balanced well there is nothing to stop someone from optimizing their own decks and doing well. I have at least three decks right now that I made myself, mostly just tweaking from previous good decks from the past.
So do I. The "if the game is balanced" is a big, important "if". Because if it's not, I'm afraid complaints about streamers showing OP decks are understandable (even though these complaints should be addressed to the devs).

Wow, quite a jump to wrong conclusions you make there. Losing? Rules I put forth? Jeez. Just try seeing it from a different perspective. I understand where Mr_Mugglez is coming from (regarding the streamers, not the pro-players). If you enjoy the journey of building and optimizing your decks, it may not be much fun to see the best optimized decks out there in the media and subsequently net-decked against you very soon after patch, skewing the meta. Especially unfun if there are only a few OP decks like last season. I wouldn't call a quickly skewed (net-decked) meta natural, even though it is the new normal with the streamers and deck library.

So do I. The "if the game is balanced" is a big, important "if". Because if it's not, I'm afraid complaints about streamers showing OP decks are understandable (even though these complaints should be addressed to the devs).
There is no need for streamers. It's very easy to just take note of another players cards and rebuild it.

Again, agreed.

Answer my question: how long does it have to be before players are allowed to "discover" the best decks?

No matter how much you complain about net decking, it doesn't change the fact that the entire point of a game like this is competition. The best decks are going to be found and played eventually. Net decking is your scapegoat for your unwillingness to learn how to adapt and play the game well. If it was just about being able to play your pet decks, you shouldn't have a problem; the problem is that you can't win with your pet deck.

Answer my question: how long does it have to be before players are allowed to "discover" the best decks?
That's player-dependent and irrelevant, because net-decking has nothing to do with "discovering" the best decks.
No matter how much you complain about net decking, it doesn't change the fact that the entire point of a game like this is competition. The best decks are going to be found and played eventually.
If that competition includes the activity of discovering the best decks, an argument can be made that net-decking is cheating, like you not studying and copying the answers from a fellow student who did study. I can understand why some people are therefore not happy with it.
Net decking is your scapegoat for your unwillingness to learn how to adapt and play the game well. If it was just about being able to play your pet decks, you shouldn't have a problem; the problem is that you can't win with your pet deck.
Lol, cool story. Thank you for that in-depth analysis of my decks, play-style and personality. Amazing. Or perhaps not write in second person?

Last edited:
After 3.2 the game is finally fun again :cool:. At least this is my impression after playing the past days.

Question: Is NR back where they were before 3.1? What do you think?

Is NR back where they were before 3.1? What do you think?

I am playing NR only and do not think is as tragic as before 3.1, but latest patch definitely did not help :) Foltest Commandos were butchered pretty much, can't resist the feeling that Roche was treated too harshly. But that is for longer discussion..

That's player-dependent and irrelevant, because net-decking has nothing to do with "discovering" the best decks.

If that competition includes the activity of discovering the best decks, an argument can be made that net-decking is cheating, like you not studying and copying the answers from a fellow student who did study. I can understand why some people are therefore not happy with it.

Lol, cool story. Thank you for that in-depth analysis of my decks, play-style and personality. Amazing. Or perhaps not write in second person?

Read this again:
"net-decking has nothing to do with 'discovering' the best decks."

"If that competition includes the activity of discovering the best decks, an argument can be made that net-decking is cheating"

You contradict yourself in a single post. You're adding arbitrary rules about how players should discover decks. But hey, at least you were sarcastic on the internet and memed at me. I guess you won this argument.

Read this again:
"net-decking has nothing to do with 'discovering' the best decks."

"If that competition includes the activity of discovering the best decks, an argument can be made that net-decking is cheating"

You contradict yourself in a single post. You're adding arbitrary rules about how players should discover decks. But hey, at least you were sarcastic on the internet and memed at me. I guess you won this argument.
You're obviously pulling things out of context. In the above posts, you introduce the word "discover" as apparent (but unspecific) word for "building and optimizing your own decks" and now you seem to imply that "discovering" is also looking up decks and copying them from internet - net-decking. I'm not playing that game. I've been clear enough in my above posts.

Top Bottom