Update 4.1 is live!

+

Update 4.1 is now available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One! This update introduces multiple “quality of life” improvements, most notably - there is no need to wait for animations to fully finish anymore before taking next action.

For the full list of changes, including various balance tweaks and bug fixes, click here.

Nerys

Forum regular
there is no need to wait for animations to fully finish anymore before taking next action

I just checked it with units that have multiple charges and player still has to wait for animation to use next charge or to select next unit with charges so if anyone from CDPR would specify what is the meaning behind quoted sentence then I would be thankful.

The best example of this is when you buff Tridam Infantry with other unit that can do multiple buffs in one turn for example Kaedweni Sergeant. You have to wait for the whole buff + damage animation to give it charge again.

Last edited:

Guest 4368268

New visuals are kind of jarring at first. Super casual too. I'm not sure I like the opponents card flying into my face
I expected the new changes to be irritating for me (and other experienced players) but most of it isn't as bad as I expected, though as you said it is a bit messy and wild. Which like most visual stuff they do will need some months to iron out. The one thing that does annoy me is the card flying in my face.

Especially since it happens again and again if my opponent is thinking and even briefly retracts it. It's as if the game is giving me a one-by-one tutorial of every card in the game, which I don't need and so I'd like an option to turn that off. (Edit: you can. Should have checked the settings myself before asking for that :ok:)

As a general rule the less the game is communicating to me the better. That's why I'm glad stuff like warning you if you play into the 'wrong' row is optional.

On a positive note I'd like to say a lot of the animations feels more snappy and fluid which I really appreciate. Also the red/blue coloured ribbons are a nice touch. I like the addition of some more 'traditional' brighter Gwent colours as opposed to an overload of black and gold.

Last edited by a moderator:
I expected the new changes to be irritating for me (and other experienced players) but most of it isn't as bad as I expected, though as you said it is a bit messy and wild. Which like most visual stuff they do will need some months to iron out. The one thing that does annoy me is the card flying in my face.

Especially since it happens again and again if my opponent is thinking and even briefly retracts it. It's as if the game is giving me a one-by-one tutorial of every card in the game, which I don't need and so I'd like an option to turn that off. (Edit: you can. Should have checked the settings myself before asking for that :ok:)

As a general rule the less the game is communicating to me the better. That's why I'm glad stuff like warning you if you play into the 'wrong' row is optional.

On a positive note I'd like to say a lot of the animations feels more snappy and fluid which I really appreciate. Also the red/blue coloured ribbons are a nice touch. I like the addition of some more 'traditional' brighter Gwent colours as opposed to an overload of black and gold.
Most noticed Harolds leader ability is super fast

Some important things are missing in the patch notes:
- you drop only 3 ranks at the beginning of the season
(4,if you were in Pro Rank)
- quest nodes in the Seasonal Trees cost 5RP not 3
Something else?

I wonder if "henselt ability" was fixed? As it states you can play copy of any allied unit from deck, but before patch didn't work on golds and used to work on them. Haven't been able to test yet

Top Bottom