Update 4.1 Patch Notes

+

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED

Check out the full list of changes coming to GWENT with Patch 4.1 this Monday (October 28th)!

Changes:
  • Improved mulligan screen.
  • Improved visual animation when the opponent passes.
  • Added a small delay after a round finishes so you can better visualise the End Round effects.
  • Improved FTUX.
  • Faction ability provision no longer shows in big card preview during the gameplay.
  • Leader selection screen feels more dynamic now.
  • Enforced FTUX for players who haven't played an online match since Novigrad release.
  • Reduced crafting cost for Thronebreaker cards.

New Features
  • Decoupled logic and visuals. Game should feel and play much faster now. You no longer need to wait for animations to fully finish before taking your next action
  • A blue/red banner will appear under/above the coin indicating the current players turn
  • VFX played when a player's score overtakes their opponents
  • Score will change size upon being increased/decreased
  • Chains will cover the coin to lock it if a player uses an order before playing a card for their turn
  • A warning will be given if the player tries to overcommit by using an order/leader (without having played a card) when they are winning and the opponent has passed
  • Available actions a player can make at any given time will have a green glow around them (hand, leader ability, coin)
  • Targettable cards on the board will gain a green glow to make it visually easy to identify which can be targetted
  • When an opponent plays a card, it is moved visually to the play stack, the tooltip is shown and then it is played. There are settings available to turn off the tooltip length or decrease the time it stays up
  • Added a new Round transition flow to make it clear which round we are currently in
  • When the leader ability is used (by either player), it will be visualised with a yellow pulse around the ability icon
  • Several cards visuals were reworked in sake of optimisation
  • The leader ability can be triggered by tapping the ability icon (in addition to the leader)
  • Added new icon on card in deck builder to indicate if there is enough resources to craft a card without going into big preview
  • Different SFX depending on the surface the card lands on when played

Neutral
  • Ihuarraquax provision cost changed from 11 to 10.
  • Tempest provision cost changed from 7 to 6.

Monsters
  • Ruehin provision cost changed from 12 to 11.
  • Felder power changed from 4 to 5.
  • Keltullis provision cost changed from 11 to 12.
  • Ice Troll power changed from 4 to 5.

Skellige
  • An Craite Longship power changed from 4 to 5.
  • Wild Boar of the Sea provision cost changed from 11 to 10.
  • Delirium "Alchemy" category added.
  • Udalryk an Brokvar power from 3 to 4.
  • Dimun Light Longship "Zeal" added.
  • Dimun Smuggler provision cost changed from 5 to 4.

Northern Realms
  • Trollololo power changed from 4 to 5.

Scoia'tael
  • Aelirenn provision cost changed from 9 to 8.
  • Toruviel power changed from 4 to 5.

Nilfgaard
  • Leo Bonhart power threshold changed from 8 to 9.
  • Rot Tosser power changed from 4 to 5.
  • Affan won't work during mulligan phase

Syndicate
  • Tinboy provision cost changed from 13 to 12.
  • Sacred Flame provision cost changed from 11 to 10.
  • Professor provision cost changed from 11 to 12.
  • Vivaldi Bank profit changed from 1 to 3.
  • Damnation provision cost changed from 9 to 8.
  • Pickpocket profit changed from 6 to 7.
  • Harald Gord power changed from 2 to 3.
  • Dire Mutated Hound armor changed from 3 to 2.
  • Kurt power changed from 4 to 5.
  • Mutant Killer Hoard requirement changed from 7 to 5.
  • Savolla's Frightener power changed from 12 to 11.
  • Insanity VFX slightly tweaked.
Game Fixes
  • Fixed an issue, whereby mulligan timer would turn red after a player finished mulligan before opponent did. Now it will always stay blue.
  • Fixed an issue whereby playstack would be in wrong place for different device layouts
  • Fixed an issue whereby special cards with Mulligan ability triggered two Battlecries
  • Fixed an issue whereby Mulliganned cards were visible under the ship deck on Ship Board for the time of mulligan
  • Fixed an issue whereby summoned units wouldn't display damage/boost numbers.
  • Fantastic Five Achievment Bug Fix
  • Fixed an issue whereby you were unable to view big card preview on battle history panel
  • Fixed an issue whereby fluffs were visible on big preview of leader abilities.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Ard Feainn Tortoise boost could be triggered multiple times if it was exposed and damaged by the same card
  • Fixed an issue whereby an order ability would stop working after seizing locked unit and unlocking afterwards.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the game to end in a draw if Morkhavrg: Heart of Terror was used in certain board setups.

Vivaldi's Bank is amazing, it gets an even larger buff than I wanted.
It being Profit 5 if played though Wildcard is huge and being a Tactical Decision on steroids (although having to play 9 provisions justifies that).
I am looking forward to that card hopefully seeing actual play.

Tinboy being buffed sounds good, although we have to wait if that is enough for it to be playable (although only having to invest 12 rather than 13 (which is the new "Professor") is much more manageable).

Savolla gets nerfed to be a 10 for 9 (while the real problem in Luiza does not get nerfed, maybe to give another indirect buff to Tinboy).
Professor being an up to immediate 12 for 12 sounds still ok.

Took me a while to figure out what FTUX stands for.

Looking forward to playing my first post-patch match, to see (and test out) those changes.

Will you ever make copying the deck from outside Gwent prioritizes premium cards if i have them? Like what is the point of copying if i have to change most of the gold cards and ALL of the bronze cards into premium?

Guest 4368268

Dissapointed but not surprised. A ton of visual changes (that sound mostly obsolete to more experienced players, but I'll preserve actual judgement till I've seen them) and very little of what's annoyed players the past month(s) is getting addressed.

I don't see how this has changed anything and so as Jan said, the same gameplay this month.
I don't know why a card like Leo Bonhart has just got a nerf. I've not seen a single person's experience lessened by Bonhart. I thought the point was since he's a faction card he's stronger than his neutral counterpart Geralt (cause let's not act like the 'destroy a Witcher' ploy means much if you're not playing Nilfgaard)

Sometimes it's as if they draw straws to determine which cards to change. When Bonhart gets a tougher nerf than Savolla I believe the theory that these people certainly don't play the game they're working on.

Might take a break till December when meaningful stuff hopefully gets changed.

I bought Thronebreaker only to get craftable cards cos they were so expensive. Haven't played TB and not going to.

So you're reducing the cost of those cards now? :(
Post automatically merged:

"Decoupled logic and visuals. Game should feel and play much faster now. You no longer need to wait for animations to fully finish before taking your next action"

that sounds great

you really need to nerf damien (to 3 power at last, and row-locked) - because of OP leader seize effect

defender + damien = auto win

damien now is 5 + 10 to 20 points + you lose engine = 15-25 points card for 11 provisions = best card in game + hard to kill (5 points)

also tactic sieze deck is too op

Last edited:

Guest 4368268

you really need to nerf damien (to 3 power at last, and row-locked) - because of OP leader seize effect

defender + damien = auto win

damien now is 5 + 10 to 20 points + you lose engine = 15-25 points card for 11 provisions

also tactic sieze deck is too op
Better to just rework seize/its tactics imo. Damien with any other leader is not excessively strong so making him unplayable (like Syanna) just seems like a waste. It's like reworking Dwarven Mercenary instead of Novigradian Justice/Mystic Echo.

Udalryk an Brokvar power from 3 to 4.

Funny cause i was recently looking over my skellige collection and Udalryk kinda stood out as an underperforming card. It nice to see a buff but i was hoping it would be more on the synergy side.

Basically instead of a 1 str bump he could be a 6 str with the ability to damage an enemy and self by 1. This fits better lore wise, dropping him without zeal wouldn't be so dangerous and it would have synergy with self-wound and healing.

Top Bottom