UPDATE 5.1 IS NOW AVAILABLE!

+
NR Still play the same ? Is that a Joke ?
They got nerfed by 4 to 6 provisions, which means that now they have to play at least one Gold less per deck, most probably 2 less Golds. This is a huge nerf and also an indirect buff to Harmony since NR was one of the few decks that could counter effectively harmony.
I fully agree that some changes are really weird. Sometimes i wonder even if the Devs play the same game as us, but NR took a major hit this patch and i don't expect them to be tiers1 anymore.
So not NG like I thought but NR: 4 provisions for pincer and philippa. + 2 for radeyah. Ok, remove radeyah and put petri's filter with Anseis (or Seltkirk for 1 extra prov) and you can still remove 12 points units. AND you can put duplicates of the siege engines to run the best ones. Come on, NR hasn't been hit THAT hard.
edit: PLUS: they won't run caretaker now so that's 14 provisions saved to put whatever other craziness NR has access to

The thing I agree with you is about it being the one deck able to deal with Harmony, which hasn't really been touched. But saying "this is the only broken deck able to beat the other broken deck" is not good since they're the only two playable then. There should not be tier 1 decks at all. You'll always have better/weaker decks but not a deck that is auto-win. I've had players throwing the scenario with siege engines and pincer on the first turn when I didn't even have a unit on board. And those guys still end up winning because after the artifact and the siege engines swarm, they can still pull 10-12 point swings with removal with 3-5 cards...

My prediction: same meta for another month: NR siege, ST harmony and just below NG poison and ST elves, with the rest following below and people trying for a week to revive SK or MO

I appreciate the mix of buffs and nerfs as a way to shake up the meta, thanks a bunch.

Still early to say how things are going to change but you can bet I'm going to try vanguard yet again!

Adding missing sound effects for premium cards from Merchants of Ofir expansion
Im so happy about that ^^.
Radayah 12p : great.
Other point, I hate so much poison style, I wished you to do an alchemist card what purifies, and you just did it, Gremist thanks you.
Some rework are great, others pointless, but "new" stuff like Imlerith sounds good, because too many cards are become generic.

You are planning on releasing several expansions. Why not release just a few EXTRAORDINARY expansions, with the aid of this community. Make the Game popular through great design, and not the quanity of cards.
As to "why", it is clear: they will release expansions to charge money. They will keep coming all the time.
You might agree, it's gonna be difficult to charge for great design and improvements since this is subjective.

I really do not understand the rationale behind this update at all. NG has been a problem with poison/removal the whole of last season and instead of nerfing NG the devs just decide to change a few provisions and powers and over tune SK Wild Boar of the Sea to make swarm (the only viable counter to NG poison removal) completely useless. So now the only viable factions seem to be NG, SK, and SY following close behind.

Payus

Forum regular
I really do not understand the rationale behind this update at all. NG has been a problem with poison/removal the whole of last season and instead of nerfing NG the devs just decide to change a few provisions and powers and over tune SK Wild Boar of the Sea to make swarm (the only viable counter to NG poison removal) completely useless. So now the only viable factions seem to be NG, SK, and SY following close behind.
I wish you were right, but I fear Sk its still mediocre. Ng is about the same, and Sy got better but I doubt these 3 are the only viable factions...

I really hoped you've learned what to expect from "balance patches" already.

I guess one solution for the new ST Leader ability can be to use one charge per turn, cause as it is it's just overkill - 9 points plus tons of synergy. Another example of people that (I'm pretty sure at this point) don't play the game balancing the game.

Oh, well.

Lexor

Forum veteran
I found out about yesterday the hard way too. I didn't watch the stream but had the impression going through the comments that the addition of the scenario tag was to make it untargettable by caretaker. If not, I don't see the point :ohstopit:
It's just a tag (to use with, for example, harmony) - scenario is still an artifact.

I got an update (5.1.1) for iOS what exactly is fixed here? Because there are a lot of graphical glitches within 5.1.

• In Pro Rank matches the opponents' nicknames will be hidden until the final results screen

Final screen also misses nicknames. You need to get GG from opponent or to click on opponent's portrait to see who your opponent was.

Last edited:
Is anyone else unable to select the merchant neutral skin? It only shows up when I'm on a scoia'tael deck.

Top Bottom