UPDATE 5.2 IS NOW AVAILABLE!

+
Yes, this kind of decisions will stop me from investing in this game and i invested a lot since it launched. I collected all spare cards since game launched and to be forced to mill them is just a stupid decision.
when you enter the Deckbuilder it asks if you want to automill the cards you can still press no.

Last edited:
So far I get an error message when I entering deckbuilder. Automill seems buggy. Maybe because of my great number of spare cards. I'm a bit worried to lose all the powder that represents ( +10k).

A bit disappointed by the new Wererat tree.

Sadly, I feel the changes wont ehance the fun and interest to the game. Too many duplicates cards.

I'm fine with everything the patch brings to the table.
My only disappointment comes from the lack of a Wererat gameboard. Rats are probably my favourite animals, so I was reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally looking forward to get a rat-themed board, just like we got a boar-themed board last year.
Is there any hope we'll get one eventually? Give our filthy pests some more love, guys!

(yes, there's a neat themed cardback, but apart fromt he fact that's not the same thing, such detailed and non-generic pieces of art look kinda tacky in the context of a card game, especially when you're looking at your opponent's full hand)

I'm still kind of surprised that scenarios didn't get a cooldown that they can't be advanced in the same turn if they wanna keep Tudor leader skills untouched they really should add a cooldown.

A doomed tag would have also been good because now two factions ( SK Lippy/NG Assire) can still replay them.

It would be nice if you could bring back those boards we could purchase with the powder.

The powder rebalance is a bit of a disappointment especially as a newer player. I guess older players lough their asses off today. ;)

• Rebalance of powder nodes in Reward Book
[/DIV]
Comment: We want to make powder feel like special currency, used for special purposes. The previous setup of powder nodes gave a feeling of crafting or getting premium cards more oridinary - what we want is to make you feel as amazed as we were, having seen the cards in action for the first time.
This change also allows us to release powder priced ornaments more frequently.

New Features

Can anyone explain how exactly they did the powder rebalance? Such a shame if it's more expensive that before, i'm a new player and i really really like the premium cards' artwork. :/

First of all, a big shout out and thanks to all of you @cdpr as well as to our community for your efforts to make the game great!

Next, I want to extend my personal gratitude to the person(s) who came up with the idea to communicate your (cdpr's) intentions with regard to game changes. In my opinion, this kind of honest communication and transparency is exactly what is needed to forge the bonds between the team and the community supporting it. I very much appreciate this step.

This also allows us (community) to point out possible oversights or enhancements while following the general direction of your (cdpr) train of thoughts. With this in mind, i want to point out two little things
I could see some benefits to readability and compactness of patch notes if the comment sections could be collapsed and unrolled like spoilers.
:eek::p
Moreover, I would like to remember you @cdpr, that while it is not possible to make 100% of the players happy with general game changes, you can do try for those not affecting the game play. To be more precise, you should make new features optional where possible! (Or have you already forgotten your own disappointment and confusion with Windows when the START function was changed obligatory into tiles?)
For example, make an option to "hide the own player name" (as suggested here) or make an option to "auto-mill spare cards". The latter example becomes clear from a post above stating​
Yes, this kind of decisions will stop me from investing in this game and i invested a lot since it launched. I collected all spare cards since game launched and to be forced to mill them seems like a stupid decision.​
I mean: although almost certainly the majority of players including me and you @cdpr do not see their spare card collection as an integral part to their gaming experience, we will always find quite some that do! An option to opt-out (until maybe later) could provide a good compromise for all those involved.​

As an afterthought, I also want to praise the one and only god :smart: who finally fixed the deafening sound during the card back selection. Please, dear beloved one, make sure it stays that way, amen! :oops:

Last edited:

Guest 4386967

As of this new patch I'm having performance issues because of the leader and cards shadows. Is there any way to remove/disable them?

As of this new patch I'm having performance issues because of the leader and cards shadows. Is there any way to remove/disable them?
Its in Cosmetics tab

Also can check your GPU preferences and give a game maximum performance power options. For some reason after update my win10 was treating Gwent as some background app

Haven't played yet, but from reading the changes, I can't really find anything to complain about. A much better update overall than 5.1, imo.

Of course, NG changes are a bit underwhelming, but that's been the company line forever, it feels like. Thanks for Yen bone, anyway.

I might be missing something here but what would one need with spare cards?

The problem is the following: it affects people that like collections. For example, the most critical issue: spare Epic and Lengendary card could be converted to premium via meteorite powder (MP), something worthy due to their rarity. In the current state it is no longer possible, essentially blocking a good use of MP on extra cards you have acquired. In my case, I got a few Crimson Curse spare Epics a few days ago ... thankfully I converted them to premiums.

There is something wrong with the automill... When i clicked on mill spare cards before the change i was supposed to get 20k+ scraps, i only got 4k now. A lot of my golds are still shown as x2 and x3 so that's probably the difference maker. Still it feels disturbing tho. Scrolled down further and i still have some cards with 10+ copies etc so ye, it just doesn't work properly. I feel like changes like this should be announced sooner, i would just mill them myself and know exactly what im getting, instead of this confusion now.

Last edited:

Nerys

Forum regular
I might be missing something here but what would one need with spare cards?

If card is totally reworked (changed mechanic) then CDPR might give 100% refund (Leo Bonhart case). Not anymore I guess.

Btw. it shows error when I enter deck builder and it doesn't mill my cards :coolstory: . "An issue was ecountered while completing the request. Please try again" lmao.

Last edited:
Top Bottom