UPDATE 5.2 IS NOW AVAILABLE!

+
So i guess the auto mill function still does not work, when i go in the deck builder i got a error message and i still have extra cards. Lets hope they wont mess something again when they force mill everything and we get the right amount of scraps from our extra cards.

There is something wrong with the automill... When i clicked on mill spare cards before the change i was supposed to get 20k+ scraps, i only got 4k now. A lot of my golds are still shown as x2 and x3 so that's probably the difference maker. Still it feels disturbing tho. Scrolled down further and i still have some cards with 10+ copies etc so ye, it just doesn't work properly. I feel like changes like this should be announced sooner, i would just mill them myself and know exactly what im getting, instead of this confusion now.

I had to enter and exit several times the deckbuilder in order to have all cards milled.

Small changes but may answer some of the current issues, especially with the scenarios. I really like the explanations for each change.

One bothers me A LOT:
  • Spare cards from your collection will now be milled directly after entering the Deck Builder, replacing the 'Mill Spare Cards' button.

So, how do I save my gold duplicates that I kept for when I had enough meteorite powder, and how do you use meteorite powder while keeping the non premium version?
A filtered 'mill displayed spare cards' would have been more welcome.

I'm curious how NR is bad? Don't they still have insanely strong engine decks with the scenario and using Pincer Maneuver?

They were hit super hard in the patch before last. Nobody at high ranks really plays PM now after the provision nerf, and their engines have been powercrept. Their best deck uses commandos and Draug, and that's low tier 2 at best.

Syndicate
  • Blood Money provision bonus changed from 16 to 15
  • Wild Card provision bonus changed from 14 to 13
Comment: We like that Syndicate leader abilities that are not Wild Card are starting to see the light of day. Those changes are meant to incentive more experimentation. Both Blood Money and Wild Card are getting adjusted just so one is not clearly superior to other after the change.
syndicate is anyhow very much underpowered. so i dont get it, why you do not INCREASE the provision bonus of the remaining syndicate leaders instead of lowering the two that were almost ok right now compared to other leaders

Nice, Caretaker finally does something that actually makes sense lore-wise (based on Heart of Stone), also it does no longer rely on toxic interactions to be worth using (by toxic I do not mean that Caretaker reusing Scenarios made it op, but that it was a clear exploit and it relying on finding something like that to be usable was awful).

Like all the changes, but why the auto-mill? I saved a few gold duplicates to transmute and they got milled and now it'll cost me more scraps to get the premium. :(

If card is totally reworked (changed mechanic) then CDPR might give 100% refund
Collecting cards and waiting for them to get reworked so you can get full value.... That's kind of cheating, don't you think? In doing so, you are abusing their good will.

Collecting cards and waiting for them to get reworked so you can get full value.... That's kind of cheating, don't you think? In doing so, you are abusing their good will.

But you are also forgoing your chance to mill them and create a card that you could use. There's a big chance that it may also never get reworked and only get minor adjustments over time, in which case you've just accumulated it for no reason.

Regardless, I dont understand why the auto-mill was added, I wasn't even hoarding cards, just keeping one extra to transmute of 3-4 units.

I've never posted on here before but have been playing Gwent for around a year. I enjoy both the gameplay and card collecting aspects of the game.

The point I'd like to make is at the least an ethical one, I'm not qualified to comment on legalities. The cards in our possession were purchased, either with ore or money. There is a basic principal that when something is sold is moves from the possession of the seller to that of the buyer. So on what moral grounds were the cards that we had purchased milled without our consent.? That was surely a decision that should have been restricted to us as the owners of the cards.

The point I'd like to make is at the least an ethical one, I'm not qualified to comment on legalities. The cards in our possession were purchased, either with ore or money. There is a basic principal that when something is sold is moves from the possession of the seller to that of the buyer. So on what moral grounds were the cards that we had purchased milled without our consent.? That was surely a decision that should have been restricted to us as the owners of the cards.
I understand your point, I truly do. However, we don't live in a world where you can do whatever you want with your purchases. Sadly. Personal example:
I bought a house last year and paid half a million euro for it. Can I do whatever I want with this house, that I spend a tremendous amount of money for? No. If I want to renovate the porch, I have to ask the municipality for their consent. If I want to change the old fence, I again am obliged to ask the municipality. Can I at least repaint my ploughing house so that it's not this boring white? Nope, gotta ask them first.
So... yeah.

• Crafting cost filter based on card rarity has been added to the list of filters in the Deck Builder.
Finally! Can't believe this took so long, but at least they got there eventually.

• Spare cards from your collection will now be milled directly after entering the Deck Builder, replacing the 'Mill Spare Cards' button.
A terrible decision.

I raised concerns about this in the stream thread at the end of January, specifically with regard to keeping spares to transmute later. Obviously CDPR aren't listening. They really seem to make a habit of not thinking through the implications of their decisions.

The ultimate choice to mill cards or not should lie with the player. By all means give us tools to make milling easier (here is an example of a possible way to enhance the milling and crafting experience for players), but destroying our earned or bought cards without our consent is very improper.

So now that I can't access the deck builder without losing cards I wanted to keep for transmuting, what do I do? I guess I'll just have to stick to Arena until they hopefully rethink this.

So they finally decided to NERF double/triple scenario but forgot the most broken one: Ng poison + Assire. This can't be true :(

The meteorite powder reward in trees has been reduced???
I think it was 30 powder for 1 reward point and 120 for 3 reward points but now it shows 10 powder for 1 point and 30 for 3 points. Is this a bug??? I dont see it in the changelog.

EDIT - Never mind. I see it in the changelog now. Can't see myself spending any Reward Points on those nodes now. That's too big a change especially for someone that's just started off. It was as is the most precious currency but that kind of cost change just makes is uselss to even attempt to collect, especially given how few ways there are to get any without spending money. The players who already finished those nodes have probably managed to get most premiums but its just not worth it now.

Not trying to be overly negative. All the gameplay changes are well thought of and do improve the game. Its the non-gameplay features like the auto-mill and powder rewards that are ridiculous and just deters from wanting to build a full collection. Just focus on the deck you want to build and that's it seems to be what this pushes players towards.

Last edited:
I've never posted on here before but have been playing Gwent for around a year. I enjoy both the gameplay and card collecting aspects of the game.

Exactly. It didn't seem right and without fair warning either. If there was a week's warning that they'd do this, atleast I could have tried to convert some before the fact.
Also on the powder changes. It would make sense if they applied it to any new Reward trees that they added, because that would apply to all players. But now there's 1000s who got 4 times as much from the same trees which seems really unfair on new players. Even if you did all the powder reward nodes, you'd have maybe enough to convert 50 legendary cards, that's still pretty rare. With the new changes you'd need to do all powder nodes in 3 rewards trees for 1 legendary and that's just way too much.

We have a problem with an intentionally too powerful element that we have added to the game as the latter is used multiple times in each game.

We could make that element doomed and thus avoid its replayability in the most efficient way possible since it does not affect the rest of the set that was not currently causing problems.

No no, here the messenger is killed. Also in this way we allow NG to be the only faction that can still play these elements multiple times and that way we help the balance sheet.

We are in the recent launch of a new game in the competition, we must prepare our strategies. We are both facing a future launch in the Android market.

Our greatest strength is the highly beneficial economy system for new players and f2p and they have opted for a similar model.

We will improve our system by making it less friendly, we know that people love to feel special. That way we will avoid having to think about how to generate elements that are interesting to the public (Although we continue to ignore aspects such as improving the overall visual of the game design and making it more interesting to "buy")

The competition will not have a chance, the rookies will come and love the HS effect of waiting half a life to animate a card (Blizz only generated 500M less in 2019, it is little lost, clearly its system is good) and the veterans will love to fill their coffers with dust .

I think we could sell the title "whale" .... in blue, please.

CUmSRV6W4AAOFSW.jpg

I guess it was the only thing they had to do, the rest is all completely unnecessary, those of us who have been here for a long time are not really affected, especially if we supported the game economically, but they are dreaming if they think it is a positive patch for the game in regards to Search for new players.

:beer:

Top Bottom