UPDATE 5.2 IS NOW AVAILABLE!

+
To be fair... I hate Player vs Player online part of the games. I got hooked on Gwent by the lore and fantasy displayed in The Witchers series, started slow playing to know the game... and then comes Thronebreaker.

The puzzles, the Player vs Environment, the Gwent against CPU (that looks like less mechanic than the Meta Gwent it has on the Multiplayer side), the balance induced by difficulties... got me really interested in play the Multiplayer... until the Multiplayer part of the game drove me away.

Like you I play games a long time... but in the '90s starting with Magic The Gathering, Board games, RPG, MMRPG... but, Single players and coop-op are far better than the plaged/toxic competitive scenario, and 75% of the fault comes from the company and P2W mindset that brings unbalance every patch/expansion deterioration the good they delivered in the Beta phase.

Exactly how I feel. Though I had lots of positive experiences with both MtG and Gwent, the toxitity is ALWAYS there in some form. I've played lots of other card games where every single person is respectful - both towards others and themselves - and friendly, but for some reason specific ('competitive') games attract this crowd. Be that as it may (it's a given), I just don't want to bother with PvP and getting hatemail for quitting games, while I can have loads of fun playing AI. It might be surprising to some, but I'm not looking for a sense of "pride and accomplishment". I'm looking for some fun, and that's it. Not that you can't have any fun with this model, but it's obviously geared towards the former crowd.

In came Thronebreaker, where they did a lot of things right. But the game ended up being an unbalanced mess, where I often ended up hero-passing with 5 cards left, just to get some excitement. So back to MP I go, only to see all the cards completely overhauled, which is still awkward. Every few months I came back for a game or two, only to find all my decks unusable, etc. It makes sense to rebalance the cards, but atm it's just a mess. Either you adapt the COST of the card, or you change the TEXT (I heavily prefer the former), but please don't do both.

Why is this relevant here: as OP indicates it drives people to compete for 'prizes' so they don't have to buy the cards randomly. There's some obvious frustration in people. This direction they are moving in will only increase that. Based on recent updates I think they are just concerned with making more money, and not with increasing our experience. If you explicitly state that the latter is your intention, but your action say otherwise, you will be losing players as you're simply not genuine.

Last edited:
Are we only allowed one premium of each card (even bronzes) post auto-mill? I didn't notice it before because it seemed that I had my double bronzes, but now I look at it closely I dont have any double bronze premiums. It could just be that I never had any, but wanted to checkj!

Are we only allowed one premium of each card (even bronzes) post auto-mill? I didn't notice it before because it seemed that I had my double bronzes, but now I look at it closely I dont have any double bronze premiums. It could just be that I never had any, but wanted to checkj!
2 premium is allowed for each bronze card. 1 premium for each gold card.

I have to say that the new Outcome Screen design is superb. I hadn't registered that point in the patchnotes, so it also took me by surprise. :D

I have to say that the new Outcome Screen design is superb. I hadn't registered that point in the patchnotes, so it also took me by surprise. :D

Yes, the graphics for that is great. It's way easier to see what's going on now, especially with rewards. Before it kind of got lost in a bit of a clog.

I like it too, but I notice that the any post-match messages such as the "GG" message or contract completion messages are partially hidden behind the score panel on the right, so part of the message text is obscured.

Hey,
First of all, thanks for making Tesham Mutna Sword and the Crones all cheaper, I loved to used all four in my Monster deck, which made me some more wiggle-room now :D

But to the point: Has the categorization of Scenarios changed in the new update?
I noticed that the counter for the daily artifact quest hasn't progressed for me despite playing three matches since it's been active, and I know I've used my Passiflora at least twice in those games.

Ed. Oh, and kudos on the new background score! Took me some time to adjust to that initial deathcore-scream which made me actually jump the first time though :D

Ed.2 I also noticed in the new patch the system keeps returning to the basic faction leaders' basic appearances, forgetting their previously set characters and skins after restarting the game or entering the deck builder - couldn't decide if that's supposed to be a feature or a bug.

Last edited:
I’m fine with the updates, but the nerfed meteorite powder is bery punishing for new players... to get 1600 powder skins from shops means you’ll need to spend 160RP now!?

Its a bit unfair considering the older players have a year already to get the 30 powders/RP... this is a bad decision imho CDPR

But to the point: Has the categorization of Scenarios changed in the new update?
I noticed that the counter for the daily artifact quest hasn't progressed for me despite playing three matches since it's been active, and I know I've used my Passiflora at least twice in those games.
It was not changed as it was not working even before update.
Cards from newest expansion do not count for daily artifact / special / etc. quests.
It's bugged and still not fixed.

I just started playing a little over a week ago and have spent over $100 on Kegs and gathered a shit load of cards and a ton of duplicates. Now with this update all the money I spent on those extra cards you just Mill down into scraps that are practically useless? Are you guys trying to make people quit playing this game?

yOU CAN USE SCRAPS TO MAKE OTHER CARDS

OOps also, they dont mill extras you can use, they only mill the ones you cant use which are basically useless. So use your scraps to craft cards you dont have. Once I realized that, I added soooo many high cost cards to my deck its crazy

The changes still only affect cosmetics.
I have to correct myself here. CDPR removed full mill value for completely reworked cards. This has nothing to do with cosmetics and will make (especially new) players think twice before investing (money) in specific cards and decks.

They were hit super hard in the patch before last. Nobody at high ranks really plays PM now after the provision nerf, and their engines have been powercrept. Their best deck uses commandos and Draug, and that's low tier 2 at best.

Their engines have been power crept how?

I have to correct myself here. CDPR removed full mill value for completely reworked cards. This has nothing to do with cosmetics and will make (especially new) players think twice before investing (money) in specific cards and decks.

Crafting cards is so cheap and easy in the first place. Giving full mill value was a nice gesture, but not necessary.

Crafting cards is so cheap and easy in the first place. Giving full mill value was a nice gesture, but not necessary.
Not when you force-mill all spare cards, which were there to be turned into premium versions one day. Now to have both premium and normal version of a card players will have to spend additional scraps without any good reason.

Not when you force-mill all spare cards, which were there to be turned into premium versions one day. Now to have both premium and normal version of a card players will have to spend additional scraps without any good reason.

Stop it! This game is very accessible for free, and it is even too easy to craft all the cards you need from scraps.

rrc

Forum veteran
Stop it! This game is very accessible for free, and it is even too easy to craft all the cards you need from scraps.
It is not the reason to take away from people's inventory saying "we were generous and you got it for nothing.. so we are taking it away". Even if they were going to take away what people earned it by spending their time and/or money, they should have left two copies of standard card so that one can be transmutated. It baffles me, how, many people think that, spending time in a game is not of any value. People's time is much more valuable than spending a few dollars every 3 or 6 months. If all these f2p players stop playing since they are treated like shite, they game will die in a day.

Now, I don't want the argument "why you need a standard card and a premium card?". There are legitimate reasons why one would want it, and even otherwise, it is a matter of free will of the players. Even the Gods don't have permission to mess up with the free will of the people (so was I told in Bruce Almighty movie :p)

Even Jason admitted that what they did was wrong in this case, that the team should have thought about leaving 2 copies of standard if premium is not there and agreed that it is a mistake and apologized for it. So, please stop blindly defending CDPR. Stop worshiping CDPR. If they screw with people, we should fight back. If they do well, we should encourage them. "I will support no matter what" is the first step towards anarchy.

So, please stop blindly defending CDPR. Stop worshiping CDPR. If they screw with people, we should fight back. If they do well, we should encourage them. "I will support no matter what" is the first step towards anarchy.

Couldn`t agree more on this statement. Blindly defending everything doens`t help anyone and is an incredible onesighted perspective.

Additionally, some people, including myself, spend money within the game. Hence the argument the game "is for free" doesn`t matter in this case. They simply screwed everyone - and guess what - not a good marketing strategy if you want people to spend more..
Nevertheless, as the game had quite good times I don`t regret to have supported it during this times ;).

Anyway, the only chance I can see, that it might become somewhen intresting again, at least from my perspective, is to provide frequent feedback and esp. point out bad moves. If they don`t learn from it, which my peception is, the game will be someday shut down anyway :shrug:

It is not the reason to take away from people's inventory saying "we were generous and you got it for nothing.. so we are taking it away".

Well, I agree with that, but specifically here we are talking about cards changing and giving full scraps mill value back when they do. The guy was outraged by it, but I said it was very generous, but not necessary.

Perhaps if they remove a card from the game...

Top Bottom