UPDATE 5.2 IS NOW AVAILABLE!

+
Well, I agree with that, but specifically here we are talking about cards changing and giving full scraps mill value back when they do. The guy was outraged by it, but I said it was very generous, but not necessary.

Perhaps if they remove a card from the game...
I assume you are talking about me, this guy (or girl, who knows? :-/). Looking at my post, I find it very difficult to justify using the word "outraged". Disappointed would be much better. As shown earlier, this action is just one of many steps that CDPR has taken to be much less generous. Importantly, this one impacts standard cards, not premiums or cosmetics. If you spend (money on) scraps on creating cards and decks, it's not fun when cards are completely reworked.
Hello!

Where are my Morvran, Emhyr, Eredin etc. Leader cards and (some of) their duplicates?

Vanished into thin air and not one dev EVER commented on them.
Bingo! Removing something of value, without something in return. There are specific terms for that.
Post automatically merged:

Even Jason admitted that what they did was wrong in this case, that the team should have thought about leaving 2 copies of standard if premium is not there and agreed that it is a mistake and apologized for it. So, please stop blindly defending CDPR. Stop worshiping CDPR. If they screw with people, we should fight back. If they do well, we should encourage them. "I will support no matter what" is the first step towards anarchy.
The worst part is that they apologize, but the bad stuff still continues at the same time. Why is the auto-mill not removed or fixed immediately instead of at the end of the month? This makes it look like the objective is clear and the apology is BS.

Edit: CDPR removed auto-mill, see post below. Kudos for doing this! (Posting this on their own forum would be nice.)

Last edited:
Same logic here.
The worst part is that they apologized, but they let bad stuff still continue at the same time ON PURPOSE.
Why is the powder reward nerf not reverted right after the stream or with this hotfix? (even temporarily , until when they claim they finally know how to "rebalance" it properly.)
Why should players still have to bear what they messed up (admitted in the stream ) until the end of month?
Removing the auto-mill first to cease the fire , waiting for reactions from social communities to decide how to "adjust" powder policy next?
Further more, there's no guarantee at all that they can make the "rebalance" generally accpted by the supporters at the end of month .

As a enthusiastic player who has spent time and money supporting this game, please , convince me that this is not a cunning, tricky team ; and the apology is not BS.

Last edited:
It baffles me, how, many people think that, spending time in a game is not of any value. People's time is much more valuable than spending a few dollars every 3 or 6 months.

I get your point, man, but please, don't go full ret... rofitted on this.
You were spending your time of your own free will, because you enjoyed the game that was given to you for free. No-one ever pointed a gun at you and threatened to shoot if you picked up a book or went for a walk for a change.
Again, I get your point, but enjoying yourself for free for however long and then making it sound like forced labor just seems kinda silly.

rrc

Forum veteran
I get your point, man, but please, don't go full ret... rofitted on this.
You were spending your time of your own free will, because you enjoyed the game that was given to you for free. No-one ever pointed a gun at you and threatened to shoot if you picked up a book or went for a walk for a change.
Again, I get your point, but enjoying yourself for free for however long and then making it sound like forced labor just seems kinda silly.
I think you misunderstood me. I never said anything that suggests that playing a f2p game is like a service we do the company or that it is like a hard labor and needs to be compensated. All I said was, f2p players are also equally important to a game's success. No one will play a game they hate and loathe and have zero enjoyment (frustrations are part of the game, but with no enjoyment no one will play).

I wanted to respond a lot of posts which goes like "you are playing it for free, so you should not complaint if the company treats you bad or take away your collection without your permission". I had been a free to play player for more than 1000 hours but then I spent close to $100 on this game. I believe that I had the same right to voice my opinion and disappointment about some of CDPR's choices before or after spending money on the game. I also believe that the time I spend is as valuable as the money I spend on the game, both on my own free will. I am not more valuable/respectable because I spent money or less valuable/respectable if I spend only my time on the game. That is the point I wanted to make.

Alright, we're getting into that zone where people are beginning to take things personally and beginning to judge others and their opinions -- not the game.

Be sure the focus of your posts remains on the game. Talk about the game features, the mechanics, the changes, your reaction to it, etc.

Do not talk about "what others should be saying or not saying".

Stop it! This game is very accessible for free, and it is even too easy to craft all the cards you need from scraps.
[...] Once Valve tried to make a pvp card game not accessible for free and without cards that you can craft, they failed terribly. It's the very basics of even existing on this market, not something very-very special.

[Edited for tone -- SigilFey]

Last edited by a moderator:
[...] Once Valve tried to make a pvp card game not accessible for free and without cards that you can craft, they failed terribly. It's the very basics of even existing on this market, not something very-very special.

[Edited for tone -- SigilFey]

Well, what I have said before and I will say it again, it is too easy to craft cards in this game. It takes away from the card collection aspect of the game. The scraps economy is unbalanced (too easy). So it's both generous in terms of the game is free to play and in regards to the scraps economy.

I would have liked it to be more difficult to craft cards from scraps, so that more consideration would have been needed while building your card collection. As it is, you can basically craft any card you need at any given time without any considerations.

That's just to say I disagree that it is something to get annoyed about or upset about that one does not get the full scraps back if a card changes. You can still keep the card!

+adjustments in game economy is fine. It touches only premium cards, that is - exclusive versions. No need to have animated card to play Gwent.
-lack of proactive communication regarding the changes, and not so well-though reactions caused a minor crisis. Not good for the brand.
+card adjustments, especially limiting artifact ressurection were fine.
-...yet still not enough is done to balance the game. Not enough tweaks on harmony, scenarios (adding cooldown:1 at least, to prevent ridiculous power swings in one turn)

Top Bottom