Update 6.1 Patch Notes

+
Scorch and Igni changes are terrible IMO. It makes boosting and spawning too broken.

Like what s the difference between scorch and curse of corruption now?

Intitiative ? Who normally used Scorch in turn 1... it's completely useless.

RIP Scorch/Igni. There will only be super boosted units on board and big swarms now with no way to stop them...

Last edited:
Infinitive poisons and lock spam without a chance to avoid it cause they are just to many...Puts a lot of cards in useless state

What was so urgent to change Pyrotech?? Was a cool little card before, now it's just garbage..

Agreed. The new unit makes no sense to me. Even if you armor it up to negate the self-hurt, 4 points of "random" damage is such a stupid waste of removal, imo. Barely usable card now.

Okay, so you suggest NG is not a problem because the best players in upper ranks don't have such a problem dealing with NG's wide array of control tactics.

Thus, you also imply:
  1. That NG is still a problem for medium or low rank match-ups - which is a very large number of players!
  2. That NG is also a problem for non-ranked / casual matches - where many people play less competitively to have fun or to try out new deck ideas - and still face these boring, oppressive control NG net-decks.

It's a tactical game which relies on skill (and luck, sometimes). If higher tier players can manage and you cant, what does that tell you?
Post automatically merged:

Imagine ST got Bribery 8p and I pull your Damien 11p and play along my defender and use Mystic Echo over and over.
You'll pee your pants in 2 turns.

Now that makes Damien 11p and Bribery both looks OOP and unbalanced than Oak mostly depend on total cards on a lane. How you deal with that? Few of these NG cards need provision alteration due to their unique accessibility on opponents deck. Even neutral RNG Uma 11p can't pull better cards but Bribery 8p is very much narrowed RNG. Just accept that because that's the fact.

Some NG do play their engine decks and defenders but very rare. Maybe they find it fun playing other faction cards...

I imply that the enemy has damien/stefan and save a card which can get rid of 'em in one turn. Simple.
Have you ever seen a above-newbie player who opened with an oak? Yeah, thought so.

Not every NG deck uses stefan/Damien, yet all ST decks use Oak. But yeah, keep telling yourself that card is fine.

Failbor: Potential 13 for 11prvs - need 3 enemies.
Phillipa: 11 for 12provs - 6 of those are random
Seltirik: Potential 10 for 9 - Need an enemy, row locked. Need more setups for 1 poont over provs?
Anseis: 8 for 10provs instant or 10 for 10provs. More value only with more cards and higher enemies.
Vernossiel: 11 for 12provs (ranged) or previous setup for melee.
Oak: Needs 5 units for a 1/1 ratio. Full row to 15 for 13provs

Damien: With enslave (6): 17 for 11provs (you can carryover the leader for other round)
Stefan: With Garrison: 15 for 10provs (im not even counting the bribery chances)

Now, compare them with ORDER units in ST and NR in one turn value (dont come with the "Burza is broken in long rounds")

On a side note: Formation is just as ridiculous as a defender, maybe worse.

I very much like how you used the best scenario for NG but worst for ST/NR cards.

How many times have you seen Falibor be worth less than 10p? Thought so.
SY Phillipa can is 18p worth. Awesome. And dont tell me 'oh it needs coins' because they are quite easy to get.
NR Phillipa is used on 2-3 cards usually which guarantees you break-even.
Anseis is easy to set-up and get 10+ in one turn.
Don't even get me started on Vernossiel.
Again. Stop opening with oak and try saving it for once.

Both Damien and Stefan require set-ups. Start expecting these and save a disable or two.

Last edited:
It's a tactical game which relies on skill (and luck, sometimes). If higher tier players can manage and you cant, what does that tell you?
It tells me exactly what I wrote in my post: that typical NG heavy-control decks are a significant and frustrating problem for players, like me (still a quite a newish player after 4 months or so) who do not play at high tiers. You don't have to be a high-level player to use a typical NG heavy-control deck. Anyone who's got the right cards can do it, with a little practice, because it's a reactive playstyle so doesn't require the player to be a tactical genius to make it work.

And also for players, like me, who like to play non-ranked matches to try/enjoy new deck ideas, the problem very much exists there too.

Your response basically confirms what I am saying: that NG heavy control abilities are something that players at ALL levels face (because such tactics aren't just used at high levels), but that only those higher tier players are able to counter the problem.

I’m extremely disappointed to see Blue Dream nerfed. It’s such a useless card now, and I’ve never seen anyone else play it. It’s already terribly situational:

1. Completely useless Round 1, and virtually useless Round 2.

2. It pulls a card from the opposing class, making it significantly less useful.

3. Most people save their high power cards Round 3 and they never hit the graveyard.

4. It’s the second highest cost provision in the game.

Lowering it to only pull mid-level gold cards (6-9) AND being highly situational, AND being 12 provisions is just awful.

Even if it was a 12 provision card that created a 9 provision cost card from opposing class (removing the situational requirement) it would still be awful.

Ok, so the Auto-Mill v2 is broken...

I had seen a few reports on Reddit about it, so I just went into the deck builder to confirm it for myself.

The first time you enter the deck builder it correctly mills only the excess cards beyond those spares that you might want to keep for transmuting later. The second time you enter the deck builder it auto-mills ALL your spare cards.

Please be aware of this bug if you were not wanting to lose your spares that you were saving for transmuting. And, yes, this was using the latest 6.1.1 hot-fix patch.

I don't know if CDPR are aware of this, but I will report it myself using the support ticket system just in case.

Once again I find myself frustrated and annoyed with CDPR over something that should never have been an issue in the first place. The old system with the Mill Spares button worked acceptably for years without issue. I would have liked to have seen more flexible functionality to it (as I have commented on and suggested previously), but at least it worked and didn't remove player control over their card collection.

I thought that the Auto-mill idea was a bad one to begin with (and warned as such). It should have been an optional setting if it was implemented at all.

CDPR half listened to the criticism and have amended it for 6.1. Sadly they weren't able to implement it correctly (do they not do ANY testing before they release things any more...?). I hope they can at least implement an emergency fix so that we can enter the deck builder again safely without losing our cards unexpectedly, but it would be better still if they implemented an altogether better milling system that left the control with the players and simply gave them the tools they needed to manage their collection and their spare cards as they choose.

My only gripe with this update is Auto-milling. The complete loss of control over whether or not I wanted to mill my cards, and not being told what cards were milled, or asked if I wanted to -- doesn't matter if there's a limit on how many you can have in your actual active deck, just the loss of control.

Also, some of the cards that were milled might have been cards that I paid for with scraps and then got extras of (I don't know because they were auto-milled without telling me which ones). Knowing that they were auto-milled for way less than what it cost to make them makes it feel all the more a slap in the face that they were just discarded. Esp. as I made a conscious decision not to 'mill' my cards until I was ready to deal with that aspect of the system.

I guess I just feel robbed of a choice now and feel less attachment to my cards and more reserve when it comes to actually using the scraps to create cards. Why bother creating cards if you get a spare and they are auto-milled (taken away from you) for a fraction of their actual value?

Edit: I wrote this before the last post by Luckless_Jack, I was afraid to enter my deck builder before now that there is auto-milling, but now I'm completely afraid. I don't think I will be deck building or opening extra cards until auto-milling is turned off and fixed. :-/.

I’m extremely disappointed to see Blue Dream nerfed. It’s such a useless card now, and I’ve never seen anyone else play it. It’s already terribly situational:

1. Completely useless Round 1, and virtually useless Round 2.

2. It pulls a card from the opposing class, making it significantly less useful.

3. Most people save their high power cards Round 3 and they never hit the graveyard.

4. It’s the second highest cost provision in the game.

Lowering it to only pull mid-level gold cards (6-9) AND being highly situational, AND being 12 provisions is just awful.

Even if it was a 12 provision card that created a 9 provision cost card from opposing class (removing the situational requirement) it would still be awful.
Agreed, when they announced the change to Renew/ Hanmarvyn's Blue Dream i was like WTF but then i thought , well they will add that Provision Limit to the one Card (Bribery which can even be played twice with Skellen) everyone complains about too, where it would be really necessary, but no bribery is fine lets nerf Renew and Hanmarvyn's Blue Dream ( which is now only barely usable even in a full Assimilate Deck) instead.

Last edited:
I was afraid to enter my deck builder before now that there is auto-milling, but now I'm completely afraid. I don't think I will be deck building or opening extra cards until auto-milling is turned off and fixed. :-/.
Unfortunately this problem makes entering the deck builder impossible if you don't want to lose your additional cards that you were saving for transmuting. If you can't safely enter the deck builder, most of the game is unavailable to you until it is fixed. You can't create or edit decks and you can't even browse your collection. You are limited to either playing Arena, using decks you already had built, or importing and playing unchanged decks from the online deck database.

This is why auto-mill is so bad. The player no longer has control of their collection and is relying on trusting that CDPR have at least implemented this bad idea properly - which they haven't - again.

You are correct and there are a number of low provision cards that have that ability (Trophy Catch, Trained Hawk, Vrihedd Dragoon, Stays of Spalla etc.) making it very easy to now counter Damien and Stefan. Given the change, I believe they are now far too risky of a play for their provision costs.

How are people accepting this? This is extreme cash grab update:

1. Auto-disenchant feature doesn't disenchant lower than 4 cards (it will leave you with 4 commons cos two can be transmuted) - making many players not disenchant stuff they own (especially new players that are clueless) leading to more money spending. I don't want to go trough hundreds of cards each time to find duplicates, either auto-disenchant normally or give us back the button to do so.

2. Quests are changed, much less often to get daily quest that gives reward keys (or even completely removed? has anyone got the quest since?) EDIT: After ~two weeks I have checked my stats and this isn't true, quests are normal.

3. Literally doubled the powder cost to make cards animated, they even packed it nicely so commons are cheaper, which in a grand scheme is irrelevant as epic/legendary cost increase increases the need of powder by a lot, difference between 30 and 100 is not the same as 400 and 800. Besides much harder to get golden animated than common/rare from the pack.

4. You made two times harder to get daily reward keys. Even with 3 weekly quests and every 6th day 5 keys, we still get much less keys than before. Now needing 12-24 rounds instead of 6.

And new button to buy premium pass everywhere, even directly in the notification/quest tab. I'd respect more they simply increased the cost of powder, or even kegs with the explanation that the game is not bringing enough money, or charge more for the future adventures and so on. But to do this is just lame.

Last edited:
A couple of posts deleted. If your only intention is to insult other people, e.g. by implying they're bad players or stupid, don't post.

Also, it's better to ignore or report such posts than reply to them.

Geralt:igni & Scorch became instantly useless. I understand the comment on G:igni & Scorch, but they can't be used by tutor cards like Royal decree, Marching orders or Land of a thousand fables. Were they intended, too?

It tells me exactly what I wrote in my post: that typical NG heavy-control decks are a significant and frustrating problem for players, like me (still a quite a newish player after 4 months or so) who do not play at high tiers. You don't have to be a high-level player to use a typical NG heavy-control deck. Anyone who's got the right cards can do it, with a little practice, because it's a reactive playstyle so doesn't require the player to be a tactical genius to make it work.

And also for players, like me, who like to play non-ranked matches to try/enjoy new deck ideas, the problem very much exists there too.

Your response basically confirms what I am saying: that NG heavy control abilities are something that players at ALL levels face (because such tactics aren't just used at high levels), but that only those higher tier players are able to counter the problem.

And your response basically confirms what i am saying: people who know how to counter these tactics have no problem. And then there's you, who can't/dont know how to.
Welp, you are not gonna blame the game for this, arent' you?

How are people accepting this? This is extreme cash grab update:

1. Auto-disenchant feature doesn't disenchant lower than 4 cards (it will leave you with 4 commons cos two can be transmuted) - making many players not disenchant stuff they own (especially new players that are clueless) leading to more money spending. I don't want to go trough hundreds of cards each time to find duplicates, either auto-disenchant normally or give us back the button to do so.

2. Quests are changed, much less often to get daily quest that gives reward keys (or even completely removed? has anyone got the quest since?)

3. Literally doubled the powder cost to make cards animated, they even packed it nicely so commons are cheaper, which in a grand scheme is irrelevant as epic/legendary cost increase increases the need of powder by a lot, difference between 30 and 100 is not the same as 400 and 800. Besides much harder to get golden animated than common/rare from the pack.

4. You made two times harder to get daily reward keys. Even with 3 weekly quests and every 6th day 5 keys, we still get much less keys than before. Now needing 12-24 rounds instead of 6.

And new button to buy premium pass everywhere, even directly in the notification/quest tab. I'd respect more they simply increased the cost of powder, or even kegs with the explanation that the game is not bringing enough money, or charge more for the future adventures and so on. But to do this is just lame.

1. Couldn't agree more.
Also, the current season reward tree is bugged as hell. It won't register games/actions meaning i can not progress it.

Agreed, when they announced the change to Renew/ Hanmarvyn's Blue Dream i was like WTF

Those changes are very strange indeed, those cards were very expensive, more expensive than any card they could pull. And now only Skellige have the ability to pull high value gold cards from the graveyard...

Geralt:igni & Scorch became instantly useless.

They became as they were always intended. I had someone use row movement on me before using his Igni. Needless to say, that didn't work out well.

I agree on tutor cards though, that's quite bad for Igni, but not many people play tutor on Scorch..

Last edited by a moderator:
the current season reward tree is bugged as hell. It won't register games/actions meaning i can not progress it.

It is strange... Ihad this problems, but after the hotfix I finished 2 Seasonal Trees. I have only one quest to do: the Finish the Daily Crown 4 Times. I couldn't finish it, because I reached my Weekly Crown Limit. But no bugs on my end.

You are correct and there are a number of low provision cards that have that ability (Trophy Catch, Trained Hawk, Vrihedd Dragoon, Stays of Spalla etc.) making it very easy to now counter Damien and Stefan. Given the change, I believe they are now far too risky of a play for their provision costs.
After the new update this is possible. Orders without lane was insane. Atleast now can counter with something since we cannot expect nice hands or removal when facing that. But still its a cancer in seasonal mode. The most annoying part, all those spy cards only 1point and consume your lanes.

And I just tried a quest deck using all purify and locks. Trust me it was two fun win against NG. Don't bring most best cards (defenders,etc), be the underdog. Don't build anything, if he bullies you, bully him back thats the code word. I even got time to purify his spy and boost it for fun hehe ;P

I find nerfs on Igni and Scorch good, because it doesn't allow stack charges on units and then make huge execution on 2+ units without possible counterplay. But can you make this cards possible to triger when you use them by Royal Decree or similar cards? At the current state you need to have this cards in your hand, it's really a big problem. It's really easier to play a poison-based deck if you want to execute big units and don't even try Scorch or Igni.

Top Bottom