Update 6.1 Patch Notes

+
My 2 cents.

Bribery
Can snatch no more than 9prov.
It's 9 for 8 then.

Assyre
Power nerf to 3.
Otherwise it's too good for a dry pass. Also new resilience dwarfs will fare better against her.

Ok, so the Auto-Mill v2 is broken...

The first time you enter the deck builder it correctly mills only the excess cards beyond those spares that you might want to keep for transmuting later. The second time you enter the deck builder it auto-mills ALL your spare cards.
  • Really wish there is a record history of auto mill and what's milled.
  • There should be a way to preview auto mill before you accept the process. At least I will have some idea what card I will lose.

Today first time I check Deck Build
Auto milled notification
Immediately check Deck Build again
Another auto milled notification different amount

Later on I opened two monster kegs and got 2 more Alps and now sitting with 4
Check Deck Build no auto mill
Restart Gwent and check Deck Build
Still sitting with 4 Alps

I am totally lost on the auto milled and what cards were milled

How are you not MAJORLY nerfing syndicate cards?

Absolutely no excuse.
You need evidence dear Devs? Go play some Gwent.
Go search up "top tier decks right now"
or search anything related to syndicate atm. They are all commenting on how broke it is.

No excuse.

Guest 4368268

This Cerys buff has been too strong imo and I don't see why she needed it. She was a strong card that made you take your mulligans and timing into consideration whereas now it's just raw value or extremely high raw value. It's become (yet another) auto-include package for it has no real drawback (the little bald temerian guys come to mind)

This Cerys buff has been too strong imo and I don't see why she needed it. She was a strong card that made you take your mulligans and timing into consideration whereas now it's just raw value or extremely high raw value. It's become (yet another) auto-include package for it has no real drawback (the little bald temerian guys come to mind)

Actually, it's not that strong.. It is a negative and positive. It can thin your deck, but you risk bricking your hand more often.. And for what? A 16 point wide play? It's not bad, it's good, but it's not fantastic.

I think it would be nice if Cerys and the card she spawns get a doom tag on deploy, that way you can destroy her and avoid the Lippy replay situation.

Guest 4368268

Actually, it's not that strong.. It is a negative and positive. It can thin your deck, but you risk bricking your hand more often.. And for what? A 16 point wide play? It's not bad, it's good, but it's not fantastic.

I think it would be nice if Cerys and the card she spawns get a doom tag on deploy, that way you can destroy her and avoid the Lippy replay situation.
You risk bricking your hand but equally it will also do a lot of thinning for you. Witchers were a similar concept with less power/more provisions and were auto-include for the longest time. Skellige (to my knowledge) doesn't have so many dedicated mulligans that it makes running Cerys 'risky' by any means.
It's 16 points through 4 bodies and 2 thinning for 20 provisions. That is very powerful imo thus why it seems to be auto-include regardless of what kind of Skellige deck someone is running.

You risk bricking your hand but equally it will also do a lot of thinning for you. Witchers were a similar concept with less power/more provisions and were auto-include for the longest time. Skellige (to my knowledge) doesn't have so many dedicated mulligans that it makes running Cerys 'risky' by any means.
It's 16 points through 4 bodies and 2 thinning for 20 provisions. That is very powerful imo thus why it seems to be auto-include regardless of what kind of Skellige deck someone is running.

Maybe it it is too much auto include, it might justify upping her provision. But Cerys was a really bad card for a really long time, and I think that was worse.

I'm pretty confident the devs are keeping an eye on Cerys..

Why Geralt Igni, taken from bribery, does not work? If it does not in such situation, why does Geralt Igni work after the royal decree? And will Scorch (created by Aguara) also work?
What a fool this initiative is! :giveup:

Last edited:
[...] why does Geralt Igni work after the royal decree?

It doesn't, though?

Developer comment: Scorch and Geralt: Igni are both really important cards to have in the game, as their mere existence makes players think twice before committing to the most optimal plays that would leave them vulnerable to either. We very much like the impact on the metagame they have, but lately, it has been increasingly difficult to play around both of them. By saving couple of order effects, players could effectively remove their opponent's agency over playing into or around those punishing effects.

Guest 4368268

Browsing through the top 50 players in pro rank, it's Syndicate by a landslide. Pro rank traditionally usually managed to contain some creative decks rather than to just go for the expected 'tier 1' deck, especially around the top 100. I don't think these players have gotten any worse, so I'll take it as another example that the game has. Adding to the complexity could solve a lot of issues at once.

If the strongest deck in the game is also the one most tricky to pilot, that problem will immediately solve itself. Skill becomes much more relevant and decks like that won't be everywhere. But because right now it's very much the opposite and the strongest deck is also the most straightforward pointslam one, the meta is a frustrating one every month. The process of such an overhaul is obviously very time consuming, but at the very least I'd like to see complexity represented in any new cards they introduce. But the status quo is that every month they change one OP concept and another takes it place because of some fundamental issues and shortcomings.

Browsing through the top 50 players in pro rank, it's Syndicate by a landslide. Pro rank traditionally usually managed to contain some creative decks rather than to just go for the expected 'tier 1' deck, especially around the top 100. I don't think these players have gotten any worse, so I'll take it as another example that the game has. Adding to the complexity could solve a lot of issues at once.

If the strongest deck in the game is also the one most tricky to pilot, that problem will immediately solve itself. Skill becomes much more relevant and decks like that won't be everywhere. But because right now it's very much the opposite and the strongest deck is also the most straightforward pointslam one, the meta is a frustrating one every month. The process of such an overhaul is obviously very time consuming, but at the very least I'd like to see complexity represented in any new cards they introduce. But the status quo is that every month they change one OP concept and another takes it place because of some fundamental issues and shortcomings.

Let me guess.. At least 4 of : Philippa, Savolla, Luiza and/or Adriano/Moreelse are in these decks?

I installed Gwent again after a long time and the first thing I want to say is why do you change good cards? Dwarf pyrotechnician was one of my favorites, now he is a suicide assassin. Like the trap you changed and made it useless. And it is like your game is always in beta mode.

I will say one more time what I have suggested in the past, make damage possible only for melee row (I suggested a common melee row) , let us build an army in the ranged row. Make it like Total War so that only with horses can the ranged units be damaged. In this game whoever plays the best damage wins and this makes a lot of cards useless. See you in next expansion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom