Update 7.1 Patchnotes

+
NG's best leader ability is certainly above 50% winrate. My question was: Will you only stop forfeiting when the faction becomes so bad that it doesn't even win at least 50% of its games? If not, what has to happen about NG? I have no idea what source you're talking about.
Post automatically merged:

The source of his rather rethorical question would be his mind, sir.
What?

Lexor

Forum veteran
You can choose which setting you prefer through Milling Settings in the Deck Builder.
What's the default setting for the mill? Will we be able to select our own preffered mill setting BEFORE first mill after update?

It seems we need to enter Deck Builder to change the settings and automill happens as soon as we enter Deck Builder, so...

Why have they not reverted change to harmony, while capping Mystic echo to 9 provisions, like they did with Second Wind ??
Harmony unplayable for second month, what a joke. It's not too late for a hotfix, pretty please with sugar on top.

I dont think you should revert harmony change but how was there no even minor provision/power buffs for a variety of ST cards. almost everyone agrees saskia should be at least 10p especially when compared to a card like brathens. braen power should have went to 5. milaen should have a provision or two reduced and a variety of bronzes should have received same treatment. and how was circle of life not buffed that card is awful.

I dont think you should revert harmony change but how was there no even minor provision/power buffs for a variety of ST cards.

Look at the statistics for season of the magic. If harmony was that good, other leaders such as Call of Harmony or Invigorate, or Guerilla tactics would have atleast 50% win rate. This isn't the case. Harmony has to be reverted, otherwise it will never see play. Provision buff overcomplicates the matter, when it all can be resolved by reverting the way harmony works.

If you are indecisive, can't take risks, or dont have a simple plan to make harmony work, then nothing will get done the next 4 months.

Last edited:
Harmony unplayable for second month, what a joke.

Invigorate laughs at your comment, also cries ... and greets you and presents himself to you since you have clearly forgotten it or do not even know of its existence.
It also shows you an empty chair next to it, there is a name on that chair ... "harmony" :beer:

Regarding the update, transform everyone and even their grandmothers into tutors .... interesting, I think that if we continue like this we will end up with more tutors than playable cards.

I will try to guess, next month Imerith will appear again and say ... "this month I am a panda bear", the good identity problems the subject has.

Anyway, the important thing was to "get off the horse" to SK to see if it leaves better space for other things, but apart from that, the other changes are simply insipid, boring, each time they limit the game more.

I didn't like Ciri's new effect, she's just a Dorf right now, there's nothing special about her other than forcing you to create a crap deck.

Let's see how it goes, the journey will be a little distracting at least.

I'm happy to see changes and I appreciate the effort the team is putting in. Especially the effort to change all of the 2 for 1 leaders and not just Second Wind.

Blood Eagle getting a tutor for itself seems like too much. Echo tutors are crazy enough by themselves. With a raid tutor, SK will always have a stunning blow or Blood Eagle readily available which seems excessive. Vabjorn - Blood Eagle - a Warrior is almost as bad as playing 2 cards in one turn off of leader. Tutors tutoring tutors seems to go against the design philosophy of one card per turn in my opinion.

I was really hoping Shaping Nature would get some love speaking of echo cards. I'm just gonna assume any meaningful tweaks to ST are tied to the leader ability reworks.

Last edited:
I think the adjustments to SK (which I considered my main faction until it became so OP I didn’t feel good playing it) are an unmitigated disaster.

Let's give CDPR credit for what they did do. Berserker and Villager are okay changes. Berserker less so as now it's unyoinkable (Amnesty) and immune to 3 removal, and it takes 2 turns not 3 to reach its ceiling, so it's not really a full 1 value nerf. And they did remove SW from the game so there's that.

Priests at 5p is the biggest misunderstanding imo. It's hands down best 5p engine. No other 5p engine does 2/turn plus possible synergy (self dmg). It's gonna be so back this patch. SK got better engine potential in 5p range than NR lol. Valbjorn, idk, seems very strong with War of Clans or Eagle consistency. Hard too say but it looks like an autoinclude to warrior SK.

And Turggvii is kind of a misunderstanding. It's a 8-9p level card now. How they left him at 11p, I can't fathom. He was already often dropped as too conditional. Things like this really make it really hard to give likes to what devs are doing.

Also, developers have said they aren’t convinced that double ball is a problem. To which I respond that single ball is a problem.

Single Ball is a strong deck because it has room for soldier and spy synergy. Double Ball is a weak deck that needs to be overloaded with consistency and aristocrats, and only shines vs. devotion and on red coin. Idk how TLG gave it 4 stars. It was never a problem at medium to high levels of play.

Anyway, NG is a pretty well balanced faction despite what many people say, and devs seem to be aware of that. The only problem is that too many people play it. And the fact that other factions got hyper nerfs - often unwarranted (like Vissegerd wtf) - and NG didn't seems very unfair.

I'm glad they're working on leader reworks and such, but i'm quite worried about this patch - SK got very few nerfs, NG got buffs (WTF!?), MO got buffs (justified, but i still hate MO). Ciri and Ciri: Nova reworks are scarry, especially Nova - i really don't like these deck building conditions - weaker deck based around 1 OP card. If you want to do a deck building condition, do it for some archetipe, not a neutral card that is 100% reliant on proper balance to be playable / not broken.

Summary:
  • Some decent and necessary nerfs to SK and NR
  • Zero nerfs to NG lol
  • Minor buffs to ST and SY but they will still probably be in the bottom 3 factions.

Good:

Auto-milling feature:
  • Look forward to finally having this, would like to have a 2nd Resource Focused option with preference to keep standard instead of premium.
Caranthir and Adalia:
  • Kind of expected and appreciate the change.
  • Caranthir + Etheral combo was just stupid, it was a case of if you get the right draw, auto-win, otherwise auto-lose, with not much skill required.
  • Adalia still have enough good NR units to target without Caravan.
Pyrotechnician:
  • Make sense, can now play for a 6 for 4, or a 7 for 4 in Mahakam forge which is in-line with other 4-provisions.
Kurt:
  • Agree with the developer comment regarding the previous contradiction.
  • As SY’s only lock unit, should help him see more play
  • Now both SY purify options are 7 provision, with one offering lock/purify flexibility and the other offering multiple purify and blindeye tag.

Meh:

Ciri:
  • I like the overall theme of all 3 Ciri’s unorthodox ability to get card advantage, but still hard to envision them see any play after the updates due to high provision costs and Ciri: Nova’s deck building requirement.
Ceremonial Dagger:
  • Felt it was fine before. Maybe could’ve made the 3 damage pierce armor? Don’t think giving it bleed 5 will make it see more play.
Tyrggvi:
  • Didn’t feel a 2nd nerf to him was necessary, there are already a few ways to deal with rupture such as purify and give shield, and it cannot be used as last play.
  • Even now lots of SK players choose to not include Tyrggvi in favour of wild boar, totem, hemdall, etc. This will probably reduce his play more.
Dies Irae:
  • Was fine before as it’s deathblow is easy to achieve. Was essentially a bone talisman with 3 damage and echo, so felt the 10 provision was fair since swarm is an easy strategy for SY.

Bad:

Imlerith:
  • My least favourite part of the whole patch. His previous skill was unique and perfectly themed. Feel like this discard and boost skill keeps getting passed around and still not worth the provisions for just a one card thinning.
Vabjorn:
  • 2nd least fav update, his previous skill was also unique and perfectly themed, why change it?
Impera Brigade:
  • Every other “Summon All Copies” unit has a condition such as Dominance/Deathblow/Self-damage etc.
  • Where is the consistency? If gona lower the provision, should also add a faction specific condition such as “if there is a spying unit in the opposite row” etc.

• Kurt provision changed from 8 to 7. Removed Intimidate.
Developer comment: Kurt loses his Intimidate and gets 1 provision cheaper for it to eliminate the contradiction that is created by having a very reactive deploy effect that you want to be patient with coupled with a proactive keyword that you want to play as early as possible.

Wait...how about VM Cupbearer?? hahahaha

Gotta love it. NG gets stronger—buffs?? really???— and ST gets screwed again.

Vessegird will lose close to 50% of his use now since they basically killed him.

Payus

Forum regular
Priests at 5p is the biggest misunderstanding imo. It's hands down best 5p engine. No other 5p engine does 2/turn plus possible synergy (self dmg). It's gonna be so back this patch. SK got better engine potential in 5p range than NR lol.

Priests gain 1 point per turn not 2. You require setup to get 2. Might as well put another engine instead of setup and gain that extra point more safely instead of piling all the boosts on the same card for it to be later poisoned, yenvoed, etc...
Also let's not touch assimilate engines often procking twice or thrice a turn...

Now they've finally killed SW leader, nice (sarcasm).
I don't understand why would anyone use SW since it's a conditional Renew and it ads only 12 prov to deck, which is...
Also Harald's third form now is unnesessary since he does't pierce armour (which was ok, dunno why everyone complaint about it).

Ethereal nerf is very good (we can still renew him, but it requires too much setup), while Imlerith rework is awful (previous ability was muchbetter and unique for 12p).

Last edited:
So many words and no mention of the time of the update on news page or twitter. Two wins away from reaching pro only to get put into transition. Please post this basic detail so we can plan around these details.

Top Bottom