[UPDATE] Important announcement about the future of GWENT on consoles

+
Good evening to everyone.I have one question.Why you delete arena mode from the consoles.What the reasons to do this?For many playstation xbox users there two trophies are still not obtain.Please,if you have the opportunity,bring this mode back,we really need it.

2019-12-09.png

How am I supposed to understand this? So will it be possible to merge or overwrite an account in the future? Or is this some kind of joke I don't get?

The only reason I care about this is Thronebreaker. I have already purchased it TWICE on PC (once for Steam, once for GOG) and I suppose I can't get the TB rewards for more than one GOG acc...

How am I supposed to understand this? So will it be possible to merge or overwrite an account in the future? Or is this some kind of joke I don't get?
It's not a joke, especially as the official Twitter says the same thing about them looking into overwriting an existing account.

Hi guys i need little help,
(sorry i post stuff like this here, can't create thread anywhere else than here)

i just found an option to copy account from ps4 to pc.
Will it transfer all my Scrap from ps4 to my existing account on pc?
Or it will just create a different account with all my stuff from ps4?

My sincerest thanks,

Skullmage

Hi guys i need little help,
(sorry i post stuff like this here, can't create thread anywhere else than here)

i just found an option to copy account from ps4 to pc.
Will it transfer all my Scrap from ps4 to my existing account on pc?
Or it will just create a different account with all my stuff from ps4?

My sincerest thanks,

Skullmage

Post merged with the relevant thread. Please, see the OP for all the details.

In the morning I was in an Arena run with 6 wins and 1 lose. Now I wanted to continue my Arena and its just vanished. WTF is wrong with you CDPR?! On december 4th you shocked the console players and said nothing about killing the whole game just freeze the updates and stop the matchmaking with other platforms. Nothing about stopping the Arena. I was 2 trophies away from the platinum and now it's gone forever. I thought you are the good guys in gaming development, but this move made me mad. I thought I have 6 months to playing and not 5 days.

- a greatly disappointed console gamer

This could've been handled much better. If you're going to have console players wait for up to 14 days, surely this could've been done last season so we could've started playing as soon as the new expansion drops? And that's on top of the fact that the announcement left us with less than a week to get our trophies done. And we can't transfer our meteorite powder. And us that already have an account have to create another with a different email address. As if losing the platform of our choice didn't sting enough.

I understand some of this is out of CDPR's hands but this still feels unreasonable.

Guest 4355212

I spent a huge amount of time and money on PS4 Gwent (since I don't have a PC) so now my ultimate goal is to copy my PS4 progress to iOS. The only problem, is that when I looked at my GOG account it says I already have Gwent, although I haven't made any progress in it or even played it. Are there step by step instructions to accomplish this listed anywhere? I understand the decision to abandon console support, but I still feel like I'm getting left high and dry here.

I spent a huge amount of time and money on PS4 Gwent (since I don't have a PC) so now my ultimate goal is to copy my PS4 progress to iOS. The only problem, is that when I looked at my GOG account it says I already have Gwent, although I haven't made any progress in it or even played it. Are there step by step instructions to accomplish this listed anywhere? I understand the decision to abandon console support, but I still feel like I'm getting left high and dry here.

The devs are currently looking for a way to overwrite an existing Gwent account. Until that time, you can either create a new Gwent account or delete your GOG account entirely, including any other games you might own, which means that it's not always a good alternative.

PS. thread merged.

Dear GWENT players,

When we launched the console versions of GWENT back in 2017, our intention was to provide console players with the same level of support as their PC counterparts. However, having just launched GWENT on iOS, and with the Android version coming, the number of supported platforms would significantly increase. Looking to the future, we do not believe we can support a growing number of different versions of GWENT while improving feature parity between them.

Considering that PC and mobile are the most popular platforms among GWENT players, we have made a tough decision: to discontinue support of console versions of the game. All GWENT players on consoles will be offered an option to copy their account progress and purchases from their current platform to a GOG account, which is used by both PC and mobile versions of the game.

How exactly is this going to work?

Starting from December 9th, 2019, console players will be able to access a webpage where they can request to copy their progress from their console account to a new or existing GOG account. Since we do not support the “merging” of accounts, we will only be able to copy progress to existing GOG accounts that do not have any GWENT progression on them at the time the request is made.

This account-copying process will be available for a period of 6 months — from 09/12/2019 to 09/06/2020. On 09/12/2019 we will release an update which will essentially freeze GWENT in its current state. From this point onwards, both console versions will be operational up until 09/06/2020. Until that time, their functionality will be limited. For example:

- There will be no regular updates for console versions starting with the December 9th update
- Future expansions and additional content won’t be released on consoles
- We’re disabling all real-money purchases on consoles, starting today
- After the December 9th, 2019 update, matchmaking on consoles with other platforms will no longer be supported

What progress will be copied:

• All collected ornaments
  • Meteorite Powder — Only applies to Xbox One players*
  • All other currencies
  • Cards
  • Deck lists
  • Account level
  • Current Rank
  • Thronebreaker rewards
  • Contracts
*Unfortunately, transferring Meteorite Powder from PlayStation 4 to GOG.COM is not possible. PlayStation 4 Players will have to spend their Meteorite Powder before requesting the account-copying process to ensure that its equivalent value can carry over.

We will share more details about the process once the account-copying request webpage goes live on 09/12/2019.
I have created a new GOG account and requested the transfer of my PS4 gwent account. Does anyone know if I have to download gwent first or just leave the new gog account blank. I'm not wanting to risk accidentally launching the game as I think it counts as progress and it won't transfer over?

I can't believe there is already another expansion and I cant play it. You guys really dropped the ball here. So disappointed with this bs.

I can only be so diappointed looking at how the new expansion just makes the game more unbalanced that it already was. If the game is always going to be like this I should try not to play it as much anyway.
Post automatically merged:

HAHAHHAHA!!! 14 DAYS?!?!? Are you kidding me? Transfer can take 14 days? New expansion is out and now this BS ?!?
Not cool guys. Not cool at all!

lol just when you think it couldn't get any worse.....

I have created a new GOG account and requested the transfer of my PS4 gwent account. Does anyone know if I have to download gwent first or just leave the new gog account blank. I'm not wanting to risk accidentally launching the game as I think it counts as progress and it won't transfer over?

I wouldn’t think it mattered whether you download the game or not as long as you’ve never logged in with your new account.

Hey guys
I have a question about the meteorite powder. I am an old beta player who only played homecoming for a while. I will give Gwent an other go on IOS.
I have around 7000 meteorite powder and I would love to spend them on boards/Skins and cardbacks rather than premiums. Do you think there is a chance that more of those gonna be released for ps4 so we can spend our powder? I logged in some months ago and i saw different ornaments in the store as there are now. Otherwise i just have to get some premium cards i guess...
Cheers

Top Bottom