[UPDATE] Important announcement about the future of GWENT on consoles

+
At the very very least you have to give the ability to merge progress from GOG and console. Rather than penalize those of us who have both. So penalizing for being such fans of the game that we wanted to play it in places besides next to our tvs?

Some reasons we might have both set up:
1) homecoming was released on pc first. So I wanted to see what it was like, before it came to Console. (Sorry for being curious about what was then my fav digital card game?)
2) I wanted to play it on my surface, which is easier to take to work than my xbox. (Sorry for liking the game to want to play it somewhere else besides my home?)
I'm sure others can come up with other reasons they did it.

I dont understand why it's not possible to combine. And if that's too complicated, at least allow to delete all progress on pc, and THEN port the console version. WITHOuT having to have 2 separate gog accounts or having to get rid of all other game purchases on gog).

I played on xbox since the beginning of open beta and invested much time and money. So i understand that many players are angry and shocked. Its a tough decision, but i fully understand why they do it and i would have made the same decision.
Its cool they give us the chance to save our progress and im very happy to have the chance to play my Xbox-Account on mobile soon.

I played on xbox since the beginning of open beta and invested much time and money. So i understand that many players are angry and shocked. Its a tough decision, but i fully understand why they do it and i would have made the same decision.
Its cool they give us the chance to save our progress and im very happy to have the chance to play my Xbox-Account on mobile soon.

I have to respectfully disagree with your attitude on this, though I share some of the sentiments. I also understand the economics from CDPR's perspective.

Still, ALL Gwent players should resist saying "thank you for doing the bare minimum to retain a portion of the player base" and more in an uproar.

Think about how this would be handled at a movie theater, when the projector went out while the film was playing.

1) Someone from the staff would come explain the problem (done by CDPR)
2) If another showing was available, directions that screen would be offered to the customers (also done by CDPR)
3) Everyone leaving the theater would get a free ticket to another movie, whether they took option 2 or not (MIA)

Theaters do this because the competition in the entertainment field is fierce, and getting a bad reputation can have their location shut down. Option 3 costs the theaters some potential income, but does not raise the operating cost and has the benefit of reinforcing customer loyalty.

If you like Gwent, help CDPR preserve its reputation, and demand the console users get their free ticket. One day you may need others to do the same for you.

I have a PS4 account with a lot of progress and I have a gog account with a fair amount of progress. Both my PS4 account and gog account have the same name. If not ever possible to merge I would prefer to keep using my PS4 account. However I would really like to keep the same name but obviously we can’t merge accounts and I can’t make a new account to transfer my console progress as it won’t let me use the same name. I don’t want to delete my iOS gog account nor do I want to use a different name. Is there anyway round this?

I don’t want to delete my iOS gog account nor do I want to use a different name. Is there anyway round this?

You cannot keep the same name for both accounts. However, you can choose for which account you would like to keep the name. It does bring yet another complication with the account transfer. If someone on GOG has the same name as a console user, the latter is probably forced to change his/her username. You can get around this by requesting a name change for your GOG account first.

Confused anout the reasoning going on here. Apparently a huge company like CDPR can't support Gwent on consoles because of financial reasons (at no point did they mention this in their dev stream) and that they are a minority but CDPR can splash 250k on a E-Sports tournament and support another season of tournaments that even less people care about. This was a time saving based decision, not a financial one.

Last edited:
Confused anout the reasoning going on here. Apparently a huge company like CDPR can't support Gwent on consoles because of financial reasons (at no point did they mention this in their dev stream) and that they are a minority but CDPR can splash 250k on a E-Sports tournament and support another season of tournaments that even less people care about. This was a time saving based decision, not a financial one.

I hadn't even thought about that yet. They do seem to throw a ton of money at those tournaments. I guess that's more important to them than console players?

I have to respectfully disagree with your attitude on this, though I share some of the sentiments. I also understand the economics from CDPR's perspective.

Still, ALL Gwent players should resist saying "thank you for doing the bare minimum to retain a portion of the player base" and more in an uproar.

Think about how this would be handled at a movie theater, when the projector went out while the film was playing.

1) Someone from the staff would come explain the problem (done by CDPR)
2) If another showing was available, directions that screen would be offered to the customers (also done by CDPR)
3) Everyone leaving the theater would get a free ticket to another movie, whether they took option 2 or not (MIA)

Theaters do this because the competition in the entertainment field is fierce, and getting a bad reputation can have their location shut down. Option 3 costs the theaters some potential income, but does not raise the operating cost and has the benefit of reinforcing customer loyalty.

If you like Gwent, help CDPR preserve its reputation, and demand the console users get their free ticket. One day you may need others to do the same for you.
Good explanation. So CDPR will transfer a console account to a new GOG account. As they fully own GOG, it's ridiculous to say that they cannot merge the new GOG (Gwent) account with an existing GOG account with Gwent. That's simply unwillingness from CDPR to put effort and resources into this.
I hadn't even thought about that yet. They do seem to throw a ton of money at those tournaments. I guess that's more important to them than console players?
Also, CDPR could be so fed up with the "cooperation" from Microsoft and Sony that they decided to pull the plug. But the reasons don't really matter much. What matters most is that CDPR takes care of the players who take care of them by playing and paying. After all the console players have been through, I think they deserve the extra effort to get their new GOG account merged with their existing one. You're not going to play Gwent on two GOG accounts.

I sort of understand the deception regarding the console to pc/mobile transfer while iOS was being released as it greatly increased the number of iOS downloads with so many existing players starting new accounts.

It’s great that the game is flourishing again and will see plenty of support .

The timing of the powder sale though maybe pushing it a bit far and try as I might I can’t get rid of the sour taste left when I’ve just forked over £ 40 for dust on my new iOS account and then find out a few days later I actually will be able to use my console account with all leaders unlocked and 370k scraps but no powder.

I can understand the problem of some of the player base having a lot of resources left from beta but surely there is a more ethical way of dealing with it than what has just happened .

First of all, @StrykerxS77x, it's not as simple as "I have 1 Million to spend and I can either put it in tournaments or console users". It's not a binary choice and it's not mutually exclusive either. Anyhow, on the subject of tournaments, let's talk.

CDPR doesn't really do much marketing for Gwent. Marketing budgets are massive for certain companies and one could ask how much of that is really a waste. Difficult to say. Advertisement can come in a lot of different shapes and sizes. The tournaments are a kind of ad campaign. It gives the game more exposure, while also rewarding (the best) players. Furthermore, streamers are an important part of spreading the name (and fame). So, it makes sense to invest (extra) money into that aspect of the community. Also, having a toolkit to create your own tournaments can be used to draw even more players into the game.

They followed you since beta, and they spent their cash.
They followed you and created new accounts on IOS, and they spent their cash.
As players, they are simply glad this game can be played on the platform they chose, anytime and anywhere. Hey let's face it, a lot players have 2 accounts like me you know that.

And now, CDPR took one away from our console, baried our money and time on two separated accounts within one platform.
That's huge loss. One account is enough for me on PC/IOS, we simply don't need another one.

So what I'm gonna do for the loss?Sell the one I don't need of course.
As moderator, 4R3D said merging account will likely leads to account selling. LMFAO
Plz, merging accounts won't lead to account selling, owing 2 in one platform will definitely do.
Thanks to your inspiration CDPR, I will sell my new console account for the loss you cause. You actually make the selling easier cause my buyers can choose the name and email they want now. I appreciate your help honestly.

Good work CDPR. LET'S MAKE GWENT GREAT AGAIN
- I heard you said(y)

Last edited:
It seems to make very little sense to do this before the Android version is released.

Making the non Apple, non PC owning players wait 4 months or so before they can return essentially means losing a lot of them.

I'm sure they had their reasons, but it does seem like an odd decision.

I'll now only be able to play at work. Others wont even have that option.

It seems to make very little sense to do this before the Android version is released.

Making the non Apple, non PC owning players wait 4 months or so before they can return essentially means losing a lot of them.

I'm sure they had their reasons, but it does seem like an odd decision.

I'll now only be able to play at work. Others wont even have that option.

It costs CDPR money to get Sony and Microsoft to certify their game updates. Also costs money to get devs to work to make updates functionable on consoles.

Hence why CDPR immediately - within a week, which is when the next update hits - "froze" Gwent on consoles from receiving anymore updates.

What about overriding my GOG account? I have a very little progress when the game first came out as a beta and my main account is on PS4. Can I transfer my PS4 progress to GOG by overriding my GOG progress? (not merging).

It costs CDPR money to get Sony and Microsoft to certify their game updates. Also costs money to get devs to work to make updates functionable on consoles.

Hence why CDPR immediately - within a week, which is when the next update hits - "froze" Gwent on consoles from receiving anymore updates.

It will cost them money to lose players.

And not just the players they will initially lose. Also the people who would have come to the game because player X was playing it, and any additional players those new people may have brought in, and so on.

That, combined with creating bad blood among those who have invested in the game and are left with no alternative platform to continue, seems like a strange decision.

What about overriding my GOG account? I have a very little progress when the game first came out as a beta and my main account is on PS4. Can I transfer my PS4 progress to GOG by overriding my GOG progress? (not merging).

Pretty sure Support can delete your GOG account so that you can still use the same email address and just make a new one.....

Top Bottom