[UPDATE] Important announcement about the future of GWENT on consoles

+
Is the game really more played with mobile than consoles?? I find this extremely hard to believe...

Almost everyone has a mobile phone and games like Gwent can easily be played without the need to invest a lot of time in one session, which is ideal for mobile gaming. On the other side, card games were never as popular on consoles, where action games have a much bigger audience.

This is the biggest punch in the face ever.
I wonder, is it possible to get all the invested money back???
Gotta read all the manuals, licence terms etc.
Never, never, never will I buy their next anything.

Hell that's what is gonna happen to the whole game anyway if they treat their customers like that.
THEY BLIND GREEDY FOOOOOOOLS.

Almost everyone has a mobile phone and games like Gwent can easily be played without the need to invest a lot of time in one session, which is ideal for mobile gaming. On the other side, card games were never as popular on consoles, where action games have a much bigger audience.
I'd like to see actual data showing it's more played on mobile. I really doubt it since it's IOS only and hasn't been out for very long.. seems like just money greedy option

The least CDPR can do is some sort of full mill value for console users...and a significant welcome back bonus

I personally have 27,000 meteorite powder on PS4...like most users, I was saving it to transmute the cards I used / (enjoyed the card of) in future expansions.

I nearly already have a full premium collection, so I will have to spend the MP on making duplicate cards to transfer it over.

Not to mention the time it will take...if I can muster the desire to do it.

I wonder, is it possible to get all the invested money back???

Unfortunately, not:

You can still play the game on both the PC and mobile. Regardless, you've agreed to the terms of use, which state that CDPR reserves the right to shut down the game at any moment without an option for refunds. It may be unfair. But that's the way it is.

Will you not look at the possibility of merging accounts? I already have a GOG account in addition to my (preferred) PS4 account, both of which I have good progress and spent decent money on, I don't get much time to play anyway I have literally no use for two separate accounts. I realise I'm in the minority but I much preferred playing on PS4, my GOG account being compensated with the scrap value & xp or whatever instead would go a good way to soften the blow a bit at least.

Excellent point. Don't expect much from them though.

Also, why can I not receive an update to play through the holiday season... just seems very...Grinch-ish.

What I don't understand is that you can only copy to an empty GOG account. Why not the possibility to overwrite your existing account.

This is an understandably upsetting announcement for some players.

For reference, the REDs have stated on previous occasions that the process of attempting to merge or synchronise accounts between platforms is not within their control, due to third-party restrictions. Therefore, their options are quite limited. The solution of copying progress to a fresh GOG account is probably the most practical -- since they have complete control over GOG -- and the fairest method available to them to provide the most players with a form of compensation.

Burza and Slama expressed regret in the recent stream, so I can imagine the decision was a difficult one for the development team.

Gyg

Forum regular
According to graphic posted on Polish forum, consoles are only 4% of ravenue for Gwent.

Explain to me, I have progress on both PS4 and PC.
What will happen to the progress on the PC when I transfer from PS4?
the same as with my levels, cards, cosmetics that was bought only on PS4?
You can't copy your console progress to GWENT account, which already contains progress - because merging 2 existing accounts isn't possible. It means that you'll have to create fresh GOG account in order to copy PS4 data on it.

You can still play the game on both the PC and mobile. Regardless, you've agreed to the terms of use, which state that CDPR reserves the right to shut down the game at any moment without an option for refunds. It may be unfair. But that's the way it is.
Also The game isn't getting shut down.. just for some people, so it's not obvious if the teema apply here, I think a good lawyer would definitley Make a case of this

You can't copy your console progress to GWENT account, which already contains progress - because merging 2 existing accounts isn't possible. It means that you'll have to create fresh GOG account in order to copy PS4 data on it.

But is it possible to wipe out existing progress on GOG account and then do migration?
With GDPR in action it must be possible.

I just don't understand why there is no option for charging additional bonuses like powder, scraps etc. to existing account, but only have to transfer. Why should I event want to have 2 accounts on the same platform? (btw not sure if GoG agreements allow to have 2 accounts, need to check it)
It's hardly believe for me that there is no admin console allowing developers to charge bonuses.

oh well... does not make this any less of a d*** move..

Yeah I think Sony and Microsoft has nothing to do with this move.......sarcasm...
they made it really hard for CDPR to support the console version. I'm not surprised that CDPR give up that fight...

Top Bottom