[UPDATE] Important announcement about the future of GWENT on consoles

+
You can't copy your console progress to GWENT account, which already contains progress - because merging 2 existing accounts isn't possible. It means that you'll have to create fresh GOG account in order to copy PS4 data on it.

Hi :) Will there be a way to verify the GOG Account that we have chosen is in fact viable to copy our console progress to? For example, I have a GOG account (created in 2018) where I downloaded Gwent and have 0% trophies and 0m played progression, but I am unsure whether this would be a viable account since it had Gwent downloaded on my PC.

Thank you for providing this option to us - it is really appreciated that the team negotiated this for us :)

This was literally the worst news that could've come from this roadmap stream, and TBH the most unexpected. Gwent is literally the only CCG I play. I've been addicted to this game since closed beta on Xbox.

Homecoming was hard to get past, but the improvements made over time really made the game fun again, and now it's all over with. I do not want to experience this game on my tiny smart phone, and since I use a Mac, I can't play on PC either.

If the game was available on Mac then it wouldn't be such an issue because I have a GOG account. I guess mobile is the new cash cow and us measly consolers do not mean enough to cater to anymore.

So long Gwent, its been a fun 2-3 year run. I guess I'll get my fix watching my favorite Gwent streamers still. God this sucks.

All that time and grinding, all those cards, Im not even going to get card scrap for any of it and have t pick which account to keep?

Everything will be transferred to the new GOG account, except Powder for Xbox users. So, you won't lose any scraps or cards.

I have a GOG account (created in 2018) where I downloaded Gwent and have 0% trophies and 0m played progression, but I am unsure whether this would be a viable account since it had Gwent downloaded on my PC.

If you have started (logged into) Gwent at least once, a Gwent account has been made and it's likely not possible to transfer to that same account.

What are the current system requirements for pc?
From GOG:
1575494146137.png

Everything will be transferred to the new GOG account, except Powder for Xbox users. So, you won't lose any scraps or cards.

If you have started (logged into) Gwent at least once, a Gwent account has been made and it's likely not possible to transfer to that same account.

Well I have an GOG account and a ps4 account, both have been played long enough to have quite a lot of legendaries, and apparently there will be no merging??? So obviously I have to pick which account I want to keep and which account Im losing forever... How am I not being screwed? Im losing with no gain: scrap, lucky draws, dust, and progress, all just going up in smoke with no apology or compensation. I read it, twice, It's a big middle finger to people like me

Sorry to hear about the console versions closing. It was a fun thing to pick up every so often on my Xbox.

So what about the Achievements? Since we abruptly won't be able to obtain them anymore, has the team considered unlocking them for players? Given the short notice, I have no time to plan a binge session!

So to make it clear, beneath your whole card collection you can also tranfer your reward points, ore and scraps???

I suppose your current Level and Prestige Level will be transfered as well....

So to make it clear, beneath your whole card collection you can also tranfer your reward points, ore and scraps???

I suppose your current Level and Prestige Level will be transfered as well....

As stated:

What progress will be copied:
  • All collected ornaments
  • Meteorite Powder — Only applies to Xbox One players*
  • All other currencies
  • Cards
  • Deck lists
  • Account level
  • Current Rank
  • Thronebreaker rewards
  • Contracts
Which is basically everything.

Well I have an GOG account and a ps4 account, both have been played long enough to have quite a lot of legendaries, and apparently there will be no merging??? So obviously I have to pick which account I want to keep and which account Im losing forever... How am I not being screwed?

You can transfer your PS4 account to a new GOG account. Granted, having two GOG accounts might not make sense. However, why did you have separate accounts to begin with? If it was to play in front of a big TV in the living room, there are other options available, like streaming via local network.

So... I've been playing Gwent in my PS4 since 2017. Right now, I have not enough time to play Gwent in Iphone(so it also eat all battery resources) and it's not comfortable at all.
I have only Mac, but as I know I can't install current GOG version on my Mac, am I right? Because your team does't support version on Mac IOS.
Finally,
What should I do? Buy new PC with Windows Version to play in my favorite game, it sounds ridiculous.

Really RIP game for me.

Dear GWENT players,

When we launched the console versions of GWENT back in 2017, our intention was to provide console players with the same level of support as their PC counterparts. However, having just launched GWENT on iOS, and with the Android version coming, the number of supported platforms would significantly increase. Looking to the future, we do not believe we can support a growing number of different versions of GWENT while improving feature parity between them.

Considering that PC and mobile are the most popular platforms among GWENT players, we have made a tough decision: to discontinue support of console versions of the game. All GWENT players on consoles will be offered an option to copy their account progress and purchases from their current platform to a GOG account, which is used by both PC and mobile versions of the game.

How exactly is this going to work?

Starting from December 9th, 2019, console players will be able to access a webpage where they can request to copy their progress from their console account to a new or existing GOG account. Since we do not support the “merging” of accounts, we will only be able to copy progress to existing GOG accounts that do not have any GWENT progression on them at the time the request is made.

This account-copying process will be available for a period of 6 months — from 09/12/2019 to 09/06/2020. On 09/12/2019 we will release an update which will essentially freeze GWENT in its current state. From this point onwards, both console versions will be operational up until 09/06/2020. Until that time, their functionality will be limited. For example:

- There will be no regular updates for console versions starting with the December 9th update
- Future expansions and additional content won’t be released on consoles
- We’re disabling all real-money purchases on consoles, starting today - After the December 9th, 2019 update, matchmaking on consoles with other platforms will no longer be supported

• All other currencies
  • Cards
  • Deck lists
  • Account level
  • Current Rank
  • Thronebreaker rewards
  • Contracts
*Unfortunately, transferring Meteorite Powder from PlayStation 4 to GOG.COM is not possible. PlayStation 4 Players will have to spend their Meteorite Powder before requesting the account-copying process to ensure that its equivalent value can carry over.

We will share more details about the process once the account-copying request webpage goes live on 09/12/2019.
Little question, I have both the Gwent and Thronebreaker games on my PS4 because I planned to collect all my games on my PS4. But with this happening, I will have to switch this back to my PC, my question is if it is possible to also move thronebreaker to the PC. So I have both games together back on the PC. If this is not possible, will there still be a possibility that if I complete a contract in the thronebreaker game on my PS4, I get a reward on the new gwent on my PC, like there is still a connection between the two games?

You can transfer your PS4 account to a new GOG account. Granted, having two GOG accounts might not make sense. However, why did you have separate accounts to begin with? If it was to play in front of a big TV in the living room, there are other options available, like streaming via local network.

Are you kidding me? Maybe because I play ps4? But wait maybe, I made two accounts because there was no way to link my ps4 account with GOG in the first place! There are other options available for me? Well theres other options for Gwent creators too! You could merge the cards, you could give scrap for the cards, you could have let us link GOG to ps4 in the first place. Who do you think you are to act like Im at fault for having 2 accounts when you all set up the system forcing console users to do that! I travel, I like the game, I want to play as I travel or on a break at work. Get the hell out of here insinuating I am at fault for not predicting you all would drop this game with so little forethought.

It's understandable that some players are upset. However, you can still play the game on both the PC and mobile. Regardless, you've agreed to the terms of use, which state that CDPR reserves the right to shut down the game at any moment without an option for refunds. It may be unfair. But that's the way it is.

Yeah ! It’s a great answer ! Very great...

But now I have also chosen my path! The boycott of CDPR games !!

Last edited:
Im not an expert in sales but i think that the witcher 3 (and most likely cyperpunk in the future) have remarkable sales on consoles, and for me that is a reason good enough to support consoles no matter what. What makes it even worse is the fact that you cant even transfer your MP from your ps4 account to the GOG account (about 26 k MP for me). As the moderator said above (He apparently thought it was a smart thing to say) we agreed to this in the terms of service and theres nothing we can do (apparently CDPR can shut off the game at any time and we agreed to this) , however, the fact that this is written in the terms of service does not make it ethical. I guess the only thing im gonna do is to never buy a CDPR product ever again.
Very disappointing news especially because it is coming from CDPR ( i would understand if it came from EA LOL)
It has been a good run, thanks for the fun times i had playing this game since the beta version.
Very disappointing,,,
deleting the game on my ps4...
bye

Despite everyone being upset about it I've wanted Gwent for mobile for a while especially coming from playing Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Links. I event want Magic the Gathering as a mobile game.

But right now my only concern is how long will the wait be for Andriod users to get In on this Mobile action since IOS has had the game for about a month or 2 now

Sorry to hear about the console versions closing. It was a fun thing to pick up every so often on my Xbox.

So what about the Achievements? Since we abruptly won't be able to obtain them anymore, has the team considered unlocking them for players? Given the short notice, I have no time to plan a binge session!

I'm also an achievement hunter on xbox. I would like to know what happens to them after the 9th of December? Will some of them be unobtainable (like the ranking, prestige and arena ones)? Do you change some requirement for the achievements?

The announcement came too fast and i was really surprised about that. I love to get 100% in every game. But if some modes will be discontinued, then it's impossible for me to finish the game in this short time. :O(

Last edited:

Dear GWENT players,

When we launched the console versions of GWENT back in 2017, our intention was to provide console players with the same level of support as their PC counterparts. However, having just launched GWENT on iOS, and with the Android version coming, the number of supported platforms would significantly increase. Looking to the future, we do not believe we can support a growing number of different versions of GWENT while improving feature parity between them.

Considering that PC and mobile are the most popular platforms among GWENT players, we have made a tough decision: to discontinue support of console versions of the game. All GWENT players on consoles will be offered an option to copy their account progress and purchases from their current platform to a GOG account, which is used by both PC and mobile versions of the game.

How exactly is this going to work?

Starting from December 9th, 2019, console players will be able to access a webpage where they can request to copy their progress from their console account to a new or existing GOG account. Since we do not support the “merging” of accounts, we will only be able to copy progress to existing GOG accounts that do not have any GWENT progression on them at the time the request is made.

This account-copying process will be available for a period of 6 months — from 09/12/2019 to 09/06/2020. On 09/12/2019 we will release an update which will essentially freeze GWENT in its current state. From this point onwards, both console versions will be operational up until 09/06/2020. Until that time, their functionality will be limited. For example:

- There will be no regular updates for console versions starting with the December 9th update
- Future expansions and additional content won’t be released on consoles
- We’re disabling all real-money purchases on consoles, starting today - After the December 9th, 2019 update, matchmaking on consoles with other platforms will no longer be supported

• All other currencies
  • Cards
  • Deck lists
  • Account level
  • Current Rank
  • Thronebreaker rewards
  • Contracts
*Unfortunately, transferring Meteorite Powder from PlayStation 4 to GOG.COM is not possible. PlayStation 4 Players will have to spend their Meteorite Powder before requesting the account-copying process to ensure that its equivalent value can carry over.

We will share more details about the process once the account-copying request webpage goes live on 09/12/2019.

Well this is super lame. Especially since it’s not out on Mac so now I have no way of playing and I spent hundreds of dollars on this game.

Are you kidding me? Maybe because I play ps4? But wait maybe, I made two accounts because there was no way to link my ps4 account with GOG in the first place! There are other options available for me? Well theres other options for Gwent creators too! You could merge the cards, you could give scrap for the cards, you could have let us link GOG to ps4 in the first place. Who do you think you are to act like Im at fault for having 2 accounts when you all set up the system forcing console users to do that! I travel, I like the game, I want to play as I travel or on a break at work. Get the hell out of here insinuating I am at fault for not predicting you all would drop this game with so little forethought.

You misunderstand. I was not blaming you for having two accounts. I was just curious what your reasons where for having two accounts in the first place. You say you travel a lot and want to play the game in other places too. Mobile is great for that, with the added benefit that the account can be linked. I am not saying it's a better solution, but, at least, there is an alternative.

Yeah ! It’s a great answer ! Very great...

Listen, players are asking about refunds, understandable so. I am just stating that it's not possible according of the terms of use. I cannot make it nicer. Don't shoot the messager, so to speak. Anyhow, if you want more of an answer, read on...

As the moderator said above (He apparently thought it was a smart thing to say) we agreed to this in the terms of service and theres nothing we can do (apparently CDPR can shut off the game at any time and we agreed to this) , however, the fact that this is written in the terms of service does not make it ethical.

The console version is not working out because the player base is too small and the costs for maintaining two consoles versions is too high. The policies and lack of flexibility from Microsoft and Sony also don't help. So, CDPR can divide manpower into keeping the console versions alive, or bundle their strength to focus on more improvements for the vast majority of players. It's a logical business decision. I understand CDPR and, at the same time, I also understand the players. In the small group of console users, there is an even smaller group that doesn't have the means to play on either PC or mobile. That doesn't mean those players are unimportant and I do had hoped CDPR could have found a solution for everyone, but it's not as easy as that. Those players have a right to complain. They can ask for a refund and I will politely answer that it's not likely to happen because of the terms of use.

Top Bottom