[UPDATE] Important announcement about the future of GWENT on consoles

+
Well this is super lame. Especially since it’s not out on Mac so now I have no way of playing and I spent hundreds of dollars on this game.

Just to clarify, you can also play the game on mobile. This is not an option either?

After supporting this game for years, after buying the buggy, broken, unplayable mess that was ThroneBreaker on PS4 (continual crashes with so much lost progress) you give me less than a week before removing it from my access. I don't have a gaming PC and, like most console players, don't want to be playing mobile games, using a tiny screen. Like, did you not see the Diablo Immortal disaster, saying "Don't you have phone's?!" Isn't going to get people on board. Really, this game is struggling as it is, I don't think alienating more of the player base is the way to keep it going. Even if console only produces a small profit for them, they still have a player base their that they're abandoning, a player base they contributed massively to the success of The Witcher 3, without which Gwent wouldn't have been made. Instead, they go off chasing the mobile market. I'm disappointed in CDPR for this and shall be avoiding their products in future. Yes, they may have the right to do it, via the user agreement but I equally have the right to be angry about that choice.

so question it says only gog accounts with no progress does that mean anything like even logging in if so that would mean we would need to make new gog account just to transfer data from console thats ridiculous

so question it says only gog accounts with no progress does that mean anything like even logging in if so that would mean we would need to make new gog account just to transfer data from console

When you have logged in at least once means you have a Gwent account, which means it's likely you cannot transfer your progress to that particular account. I do had hoped for a way to overwrite such accounts. Maybe it will be made possible later.

Just to clarify, you can also play the game on mobile. This is not an option either?

4RM3D just pulled a "Do you guys not have phones?". lol

Many poor people like myself have old phones that cant run Homecoming. Repelmer couldn't even run Homecoming on his PC.

Plus it's difficult to play on a small screen. I don't think phones existing should be an excuse to shutdown console gwent.

Is the merging not possible or you will not allow it to avoid exploits like account selling?
It can't be both.

It would be amazing if we could get this account progress copying feature for the Witcher 3.

I plan to build a gaming PC eventually and would love to continue my progress with improved visuals. I would buy the game again. In fact, there's no way I would play it on PC if I have to start over from scratch. Not after all of the hours I put in on PS4. Cross-save should really be standard at this point for all multiplatform games.

4RM3D just pulled a "Do you guys not have phones?". lol

Well, when people are waiting for Diablo 4 and you announce a cheap mobile game is one thing. With Gwent, players were actually waiting for a mobile release almost since the start of Gwent. Though, I do have to admit that not everyone of those is a console user. And there is still the PC version.

I know the remark was sarcastic, but I do wanted to point out the difference, just in case.

I have bit of a curious case.

I used to play Gwent through Windows store app during beta (connected with XboX through XboX play anywhere). They decided to remove this platform with the release of HC and there was like 14 days long period to port your account to GOG, otherwise it would be accessible only through XboX. Unfortunately I missed this period because I was really busy at that time which means my account became locked on XboX console which I have never owned. That means I have never been able to log into my account during Homecoming to get the scraps etc. for the cards I owned in beta (and I owned almost every card, I was like level 89/100).
So my question is am I going to be able to port my old account to GOG and if so, will I get all the scraps etc. which I was supposed to get when moving from beta to HC?

Thanks

Wow, what a shame but i get the point, love the game but a long ago stop playing(revisite the game when updates push) i really have a lot of games to play on my Xbox one x and its hard to play gwent on it, really need this game on my Android, any spoil on the android version!? PLEASE

I would love to just overwrite the little bit of PC progress I had made when testing the beta. I spent lots of money on PS4 but would happily continue on Android and PC if I can use my PS4 progress

I have played on Xbox since beta, was a good customer. When the game got released in IOS I moved forward on a separate account for that platform. Figured I would play both. I understand the reality of shutting down console if its not working, but waiting until after IOS launch and after meteorite powder sales and other IOS sales is beyond unscrupulous.

Now I have spent to play on another platform, but what I really did is pour money down the drain on IOS because I will transfer my fully loaded Xbox account to GOG.

that is low....wait until After the launch....until after Black Friday....after keg sales and meteorite sales....

I know many console players started second accounts to play on IOS so you did us twice over.

thanks

With the ongoing mess for console players and the crappiest timing ever by announcing this weeks after releasing on iOS and an important discount sales period, it would only be appropriate if CDPR would support transfer from all different platforms to a new GOG account and then also support merging of this new GOG account with an already existing GOG account. CDPR owns GOG, so anything is possible on GOG if they really want to.

Last edited:
Listen, players are asking about refuses, understandable so. I am just stating that it's not possible according of the terms of use. I cannot make it nicer. Don't shoot the messager, so to speak. Anyhow, if you want more of an answer, read on...

I'm sorry but that's the tone of your answer that was too condescending..,

As a reminder, the last financial statement of CDPR is good!
And it does not take into account the results of the gwent on IOS not the sales of TW3 on ..... Switch ....

why would i want to have 2 accounts on the same platform? i can give up on my progress on the ps4 account but why dont you compansate the money we spend on ps4 accounts? give us some scraps or something.

Halo Announcer voice plays: "BETRAYAL"

But on a serious note. Awesome that Gwent came to IOS. If it wasn't for that we wouldn't be getting shut down.

Top Bottom